Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

I'm sorry sir, but I'm going to have to report you to British Airways

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I'm sorry sir, but I'm going to have to report you to British Airways

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2017, 11:19 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
I guess it could well have been true what the purser said about the "aircraft being taken out of service" although it could well have been a bit of an exaggeration of "aircraft being taken out of service for 20 minutes while the deeper cleaning is performed and subsequently causing delays and inconveniencing other customers".

And I suspect the parents would have been "reported" to BA by virtue of completing the soiling incident record of some sort?
Old Oct 19, 2017, 11:19 am

Programs: British Airways Gold
Golden ticket candidate
Old Oct 19, 2017, 11:24 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
The "plane would need to be taken out of service" seems a bit too much, but for the rest I appreciate what the CC did. Some people have no regards for where they are, or other around them.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 11:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by HIDDY
Well done cabin crew. ^

Hopefully they won't be back because those type of people never learn.
Huh? They seemed to get the message right away.
Maybe "those type" never learn, but these individuals apparently did.
T8191 likes this.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 11:45 am

Programs: BA Blue :(
Great Cabin Crew, well done to them.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 11:48 am

Programs: BA Executive Club
Well done to the cabin crew and the passengers should be ashamed of themselves, however to suggest that G-ZBKJ is "brand new" is pushing it a bit (April 2016) and kind of over eggs the pudding the CC were trying to make.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 12:10 pm

Programs: BA Gold, ELAL Top Platinum
I do this flight, 15 times a year and it is genrally quite full of children. The reason why it was extremely full, was that the jewish holiday of succot was last week and many people spend that festival in Israel.
The BA cc was probably trying to be all official, as they do. The plane is next scheduled to fly to KUL tomorrow the 20th, so maybe it was taken out of service!!!!
Old Oct 19, 2017, 12:18 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by HIDDY
Well done cabin crew. ^

Hopefully they won't be back because those type of people never learn.
Eh ....? Did you actually read the whole post ?

I have no sympathy for parents who exercise zero control of their offspring. But, judging from their reaction to the Purser's comments, these particular people showed every sign that they may indeed have learnt a lesson.
HMPS and T8191 like this.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 12:40 pm

A couple of years ago I had a horrible journey back from BKK. My daughter, who has 18 months old at the time, was being a real PITA, fidgeting, screaming and being generally annoying. It was a packed CW cabin which didn't make things any better.
Then she puked on the floor, right under where the table sits. Aarrrgh. So there was me, hands full of kitchen roll or whatever I found in the galley, wiping up barf. The crew were useless too, trying to make light of it, when I was clearly frustrated about it. And they didn't bother bringing me my meal.
Then my daughter barfed again, "luckily" on me, so it was easier to clean up.
OK, so not quite the same as the original post, but some of us are conscious of our little ones.

The sad thing was the poor little thing came up with spots a couple of days later; she'd caught a terrible bout of chickenpox (blisters everywhere; the worst I've seen). Made me feel bad for being so frustrated with her as she must have been feeling terrible.

At least we weren't in Y though.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by subject2load

I have no sympathy for parents who exercise zero control of their offspring. But, judging from their reaction to the Purser's comments, these particular people showed every sign that they may indeed have learnt a lesson.
They reacted only to a direct threat of punishment. While that beats those champs who then argue aggressively with the CC, it might also be a sign of timidity rather than having learned that they should keep a rein on their little one.
MSPeconomist and snaxmuppet like this.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 1:04 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Well done that Purser, true British Nanny style!
Old Oct 19, 2017, 1:09 pm

I say good for the crew. There is no excuse for children to be out of control and El Al would have not stood for it either.

In terms of the poor poster with the sick child. While your child made a mess ( even more disgusting than the food mess) it was NOT by choice! I would be horrified if you were threatened for having a sick child!

BTW, it should be irrelevant if the plane was old or new. Does this mean if the plane was old the behavior of the parents ( the kids were just being kids) would have been acceptable?
Old Oct 19, 2017, 1:10 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Avis Chairman, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, GA Pilot
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
Brilliant. I hope that he does. Serve them right. I wonder if El Al would tolerate this sort of nonsense.
Sadly - ElAl tolerates way too much nonsense which is why I generally avoid flying them.
PUCCI GALORE likes this.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 1:21 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by NYTA
Sadly - ElAl tolerates way too much nonsense which is why I generally avoid flying them.
Yes, that's exactly the reason why we need to bring back the Brits to this part of the world. Ever since they left it's one big mess
JayeJ likes this.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 2:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by subject2load

well till next time or next week what ever comes sooner.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.