FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   320 TP's needed for gold (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1872420-320-tps-needed-gold.html)

flbrit73 Oct 17, 2017 1:45 am

320 TP's needed for gold

Hi,

I need 320 tier points by the 8th of December to reach gold with BA, can anybody suggest not too expensive ideas for TP run(s) to achieve?

Thanks in advance.

GaxxyFlyer Oct 17, 2017 2:04 am

Istanbul return is £180 in J right now. A couple of those back to back will get you what you need at little cost.

*edit, sorry. not had my coffee yet. £180 each way!

rossmacd Oct 17, 2017 2:07 am

Originally Posted by flbrit73 (Post 28941613)
Hi,

I need 320 tier points by the 8th of December to reach gold with BA, can anybody suggest not too expensive ideas for TP run(s) to achieve?

Thanks in advance.

You will need to be specific in what you are asking. Where are you based, and are you willing to position in order to achieve a lower fare/better TP to cash ratio?

Are there any trips you are about to book, that could be altered to become more TP efficient?

mikeyfly Oct 17, 2017 2:23 am

Welcome to FT flbrit73

Have a look at the TP thread, some recent handy tips especially #3650 if it works for you

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...hread-183.html

flbrit73 Oct 17, 2017 3:45 am

Originally Posted by rossmacd (Post 28941667)
You will need to be specific in what you are asking. Where are you based, and are you willing to position in order to achieve a lower fare/better TP to cash ratio?

Are there any trips you are about to book, that could be altered to become more TP efficient?

Ah yes you are right, sorry it was my first post :)

I am about 45 minutes from LHR and 1.5 hrs from LGW but am willing to travel to maximize the TP's

I have 2 trips to France planned in the coming weeks but am travelling with my family (plus baby) for those and so can't really change them.

TheJayHatch Oct 17, 2017 5:59 am

Originally Posted by flbrit73 (Post 28941829)
I have 2 trips to France planned in the coming weeks but am travelling with my family (plus baby) for those and so can't really change them.

If you get any POUG offers before departure you could upgrade these, however you will probably be better to split you and (I presume) your other half's fares into different booking refernces. That way you can upgrade (hopefully) one person's flights each way (if the offer appears), and one of you can look afte rthe baby in flight while the other drinks champagne at the front!

If you get all four sectors upgraded, thats (I guess) 4x30 TP = 120TP. however it might be cheaper to do a TP run - check your price per TP. Anything udner £2 seems a pretty good deal (but then you may want to take the ease of upgrading an existing flight into account).

Good luck!

bisonrav Oct 17, 2017 6:02 am

Post 3650 in the TP thread was LCT to KEF (rekjavik) which at the time of posting was £292. It's now £332 and can be done as a B2B in a day. For example:

https://www.google.co.uk/flights/#se...2229;sc=b;a=BA

You need to do 2, which means I think you'll have to do one mid week

NA-Flyer Oct 17, 2017 6:26 am

MAN-LCA via LHR in J class will get the tier points you need in one trip. Just do some search to get the best deal you can.

PETER01 Oct 17, 2017 6:38 am

Some good suggestions there flbrit73 and let me welcome you to Flyertalk and the BA Board. There are a fair number of members with an extensive knowledge of very good TP runs (^) and what's available.

I hope you find something and if you can we all like to hear the end results from queries.

florens Oct 17, 2017 6:50 am

Originally Posted by NA-Flyer (Post 28942184)
MAN-LCA via LHR in J class will get the tier points you need in one trip. Just do some search to get the best deal you can.

Isn't this (40+80)*2 = 240TPs only, wheras the OP needs 320TPs.

KARFA Oct 17, 2017 6:59 am

Originally Posted by florens (Post 28942260)

Yes. I think it is a common mistake that because the LCA route is over 2000 miles some assume it earns 140 TPs in J per flight. It doesn't, and as you noted it only earns 80 TPs each way in J.

NA-Flyer Oct 17, 2017 7:38 am

Originally Posted by florens (Post 28942260)

Originally Posted by KARFA (Post 28942293)
Yes. I think it is a common mistake that because the LCA route is over 2000 miles some assume it earns 140 TPs in J per flight. It doesn't, and as you noted it only earns 80 TPs each way in J.

Thanks for the correction. As KARFA said I was under the impression that LHR-LCA in J earns 140 tier points as the distance exceed 2k miles :o

flatlander Oct 17, 2017 8:30 am

LHR-HEL-LHR can be day-tripped for a tad under £400 on most days in November in Club; 160TP return.
LHR-HEL-OSL-HEL-LHR can be had for a tad under £500 on weekends in November in Club/Business with an overnight stop in Helsinki, 240TP return.
LHR-MAN-LHR can be done back to back, or with an hour and a half for lunch and watching the view in the MAN lounge, on weekend days for £270-ish in CE, 80TP.
LGW-AMS-LGW can be done back to back.

flatlander Oct 17, 2017 8:39 am

If it's worth doing, it's worth doing to excess: DUB-LHR-LAX-HNL return for £1500 :)

ianfly Oct 17, 2017 8:46 am

GOT-AGP can get you 360TP if you are short on time. GOT is easy to B2B too and the lowest avios zone to get to.

I would personally do it over 2 weekends with an avios redemption back from AGP and get 2 long weekends away but I know people are happy to spend a weekend on a plane....

https://goo.gl/flights/WnVf