Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Apprentice Siobhan has flown BA and made remarks...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Apprentice Siobhan has flown BA and made remarks...

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2017, 11:10 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, Virgin Silver, Marriott Platinum, HH diamond, IHG Platinum
As some have said her complaints have some foundation but launching into a totally unfounded attack on both the staff and passengers is unnecessary. I disagree with the lack of complaining as everyone I know that has had a bad experience with BA has contacted their customer service to complain as have I.

Given the self important drivel on there it is unsurprising to learn that her blog is ranked at 16 million in the world by Alexa which means that's she is lucky if she gets about 50 hits a day!
Old Oct 5, 2017, 12:06 pm

Originally Posted by MarkFlies
There are a few of those floating around here, I'd say
I'm British and firmly middle class. I moan (seems there's an inane profanity filter on these forums, sigh. People do swear - often - in real life you realise?) when there's an issue on an aircraft, regardless as to whether its my national carrier (BA) or not.

Last edited by Oxon Flyer; Oct 5, 2017 at 1:06 pm Reason: House Rules, sigh.
Old Oct 5, 2017, 12:54 pm

Programs: DIAMANTAIRE EXTRAORDINAIRE
She doesn't like BA her choice stop flying, fine!!
But to criticize all the staff , who in my opinion are wonderful is ridiculous !!
Don't know highly her customers would rate her ??
Old Oct 5, 2017, 1:06 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by toph3r
seems there's an inane profanity filter on these forums, sigh
House Rules (which I trust you read before agreeing to them) I’m afraid, and a pretty effective first line of defence from inane posts and inane posters ....
Old Oct 5, 2017, 1:18 pm

Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
House Rules (which I trust you read before agreeing to them) I’m afraid, and a pretty effective first line of defence from inane posts and inane posters ....
I never read them, nor do I give two monkeys about them. Censoring swearing is just ridiculous.
Old Oct 5, 2017, 1:20 pm

Originally Posted by diamantaire
She doesn't like BA her choice stop flying, fine!!
But to criticize all the staff , who in my opinion are wonderful is ridiculous !!
Don't know highly her customers would rate her ??
BA's staff really fall firmly into two camps. The old and the new generation. The old generation are excellent. The new ones are utterly awful. They're school leavers who just want to travel for free, especially given they're paid peanuts under the new contracts.

Also, some people don't have much choice other than to fly BA given from the UK they serve by _far_ the most routes.
Old Oct 5, 2017, 1:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

BA's staff really fall firmly into two camps. The old and the new generation. The old generation are excellent. The new ones are utterly awful. They're school leavers who just want to travel for free, especially given they're paid peanuts under the new contracts.
Not my experience, I've been served by some very attentive young people, some of them probably younger than I am.

Also, some people don't have much choice other than to fly BA given from the UK they serve by _far_ the most routes.
Almost every network airline serves London, it is not that hard to avoid BA even at LHR. And KLM serves more UK cities than BA does.
Old Oct 5, 2017, 1:50 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Melia Gold, Shangri-La Jade, BA Amex PP, Iberia+, Nandos Card
It's really difficult to take someone seriously, particularly their complaints, when they call themselves a blogger but do not use spell check!

Sigh
Old Oct 5, 2017, 1:51 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Melia Gold, Shangri-La Jade, BA Amex PP, Iberia+, Nandos Card
I never read them, nor do I give two monkeys about them. Censoring swearing is just ridiculous.
If you didn't give two monkeys, you wouldn't complain about it would you?
Old Oct 5, 2017, 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by obduro
If you didn't give two monkeys, you wouldn't complain about it would you?
heh.

I think you misunderstand my comment.
Old Oct 5, 2017, 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by Calchas
Almost every network airline serves London
But that's not the point. The point is that from British airports there is no single airline that covers more routes than BA does. BA is so far ahead on routes it's not even a competition.

And KLM serves more UK cities than BA does.
I would only ever fly between England, NI and Scotland. I would always get the train within country.
Old Oct 5, 2017, 2:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

But that's not the point. The point is that from British airports there is no single airline that covers more routes than BA does. BA is so far ahead on routes it's not even a competition.
Why do you need a single airline to do many different trips?

I do some of my shopping in Waitrose and some of it in Sainsbury's. Depends which shop I happen to walk past on my way home. Don't have to use the same shop for all my groceries. Same principle applies for airlines.

In any respect, that is only true for nonstop intercontinental flights from London Heathrow.
Old Oct 5, 2017, 2:38 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK, DL, IHG Diamond, HHonours Gold, Hertz Presidents Club
She's written it like a teenage girl. I was expecting it to start with 'Dear diary....' and phrases like 'oh..my..god'

She's like all the other hideous pantomime dame/villains out there.....Piers Morgan, Kate Hopkins, Walt Disney, Dick Dastardly, Donald Trump....

Underneath it they may make some good sentiments, but it's mixed in with a load of utter tripe.
Old Oct 5, 2017, 2:48 pm

Originally Posted by London_traveller
Maybe she meant is was the final reason she did, or the only reason remaining, in that she stuck with BA despite the other cutbacks...
Maybe, and maybe she has an Abyssinian guinea pig, likes porridge for breakfast and likes to sit on the top deck of the number 56 bus Who cares? It is what she did say that counts.
Old Oct 5, 2017, 3:19 pm

Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
It sounds like the ruminations an arrogant, highly opinionated, self righteous nobody.

I do so hope that our paths cross.
Ah yes, peas in pod I think!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.