Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Too much for too little?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2017, 5:29 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
There are no increased in APD for UuA from WTP to CW. The OP was charged the right amount during purchase of his WTP ticket.
The 56 USD is in the ballpark of all UuA WTP --> CW I have done.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 5:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by fransknorge
On tickets starting in the US? Routing and origin can make a difference.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 6:25 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Globaliser
Correct. If you had a JFK-LHR-JFK ticket in WT+, and you upgraded both ways to CW using Avios, the cash element should have been something like $656 (using an ITA quote obtained today).

Do you know whether your ticket has been reissued yet? If it hasn't, this might yet be something that will be caught by ticketing.

One way of checking (if you don't use MyFlights) is to go to https://classic.checkmytrip.com/plne...&SITE=XCMTXXNS and see what the main page says about your e-tickets and also what the e-ticket receipt tab says (if there is one).
I just followed your link. I can see my booking but there is no eticket receipt tab nor does it show any money paid anywhere.

If this is a mistake, and it is caught, what happens...do they cancel it automatically or do they give me an opportunity to pay the additional cost?

There is no eticket number showing either in mmb or through the link you gave

Thank you as always for your great advice.

Last edited by carrington1; Oct 4, 2017 at 6:30 am Reason: Addition
Old Oct 4, 2017, 7:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by carrington1
I just followed your link. I can see my booking but there is no eticket receipt tab nor does it show any money paid anywhere.

If this is a mistake, and it is caught, what happens...do they cancel it automatically or do they give me an opportunity to pay the additional cost?

There is no eticket number showing either in mmb or through the link you gave
I suspect that ticketing is likely to spot that you haven't paid enough, and will ask you to call to pay the extra before the ticket is reissued. It's really just a variant on the times when the first call centre agent forgets to deduct the Avios on the spot, and ticketing calls to sort that out before reissue.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 8:20 am
Accor 10+ BadgeHilton 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
On tickets starting in the US? Routing and origin can make a difference.
Right, this was on going to the US.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 10:58 am
Original Poster

There are no increased in APD for UuA from WTP to CW. The OP was charged the right amount during purchase of his WTP ticket.
Are you saying that ticket surcharges can vary by hundreds of dollars if one flies jfk-Lhr/Lhr-jfk...rather than the same return route in reverse order?
Old Oct 4, 2017, 11:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by carrington1
Are you saying that ticket surcharges can vary by hundreds of dollars if one flies jfk-Lhr/Lhr-jfk...rather than the same return route in reverse order?
Yes, and this has been commented on often here.

I gave the figure for a JFK-LHR-JFK UuA from WT+ --> CW earlier (USD 656 today). The round-trip YQ surcharge in WT+ is USD 300 and in CW is USD 956.

For LHR-JFK-LHR, the increase for WT+ --> CW using today's prices appears to be GBP 86 (= ~USD 114). The round-trip YQ surcharge in WT+ is GBP 203 and in CW is GBP 289.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 12:19 pm
Original Poster

Gosh...it's a complicated unbalanced world...and thats before one attempts to keep up with all the many nuanced details expressed here on this forum. Thank you again for helping me to understand so much of it.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 1:29 pm

Programs: BA:Gold Amex:Green :IC Platinum Elite Amb

For LHR-JFK-LHR, the increase for WT+ --> CW using today's prices appears to be GBP 86 (= ~USD 114). The round-trip YQ surcharge in WT+ is GBP 203 and in CW is GBP 289.
Does this change with POS as I upgraded a return segment from Houston to LHR WT+ to J for only £16 each (+25,000 Avios).
Old Oct 5, 2017, 3:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by UKTony
Does this change with POS as I upgraded a return segment from Houston to LHR WT+ to J for only £16 each (+25,000 Avios).
If it was a LHR-IAH-LHR ticket, then AIUI you should pay at the rates applicable to an LHR-IAH-LHR ticket. Looking at today's prices, if you upgraded a WT+/WT+ ticket to a WT+/CW ticket, it ought to have been £50 per person plus the applicable Avios.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.