Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

AA 3-Class Transcon 'A bracket' is no longer [Confirmed]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2017, 1:56 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher

Sorry for the convoluted title, but hopefully those who fly on the 3 class AA services will know what I mean.

According to info on Page 25 of the below thread, A class has been removed from sale if I is unavailable.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premium-fare-deals/1829558-ba-aa-cai-lhr-lax-hnl-840-tp-us-1556-a-25.html

This used to be a sure-fire way of getting 210 TPs opposed to 140, but it sounds like BA and AA have figured it out.

Happy to be corrected if I'm wrong, but just thought I'd relay from another FT Forum.

M
Old Sep 20, 2017, 2:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by msm2000uk
Sorry for the convoluted title, but hopefully those who fly on the 3 class AA services will know what I mean.

According to info on Page 25 of the below thread, A class has been removed from sale if I is unavailable.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premi...1556-a-25.html

This used to be a sure-fire way of getting 210 TPs opposed to 140, but it sounds like BA and AA have figured it out.

Happy to be corrected if I'm wrong, but just thought I'd relay from another FT Forum.

M
The rule that generates I- fares was amended yesterday to remove this possibility.

The same change was made to the R- fare family.

The Premium Fare Deals forum is a good place to find new fares but also a good place to kill old tricks.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 2:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by Calchas
The rule that generates I- fares was amended yesterday to remove this possibility.

The same change was made to the R- fare family.
So the days of earning 210TPs for the price of 140, are gone?

M
Old Sep 20, 2017, 2:23 am

Programs: BA GGL
Unsurprising, given how much exposure it gets on here.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 2:27 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Filthy Monkey
Lots of public exposure often leads to unfortunate consequences - as I found out in a park in Dewsbury a few years ago
Old Sep 20, 2017, 2:28 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by KARFA
Lots of public exposure often leads to unfortunate consequences - as I found out in a park in Dewsbury a few years ago
Hahahaha

It's a good job I know you!
Deanog1976 likes this.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 2:28 am

I've been meaning to book one of those CAI fares and taking advantage of this, but haven't worked out what dates I can do yet. Ah well, at least the fare itself is still around, for now...
nh1980 likes this.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 2:29 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Filthy Monkey
Agreed.

That'll make TP Runs a bit less interesting.

M
Old Sep 20, 2017, 2:31 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
Lots of public exposure often leads to unfortunate consequences
I'm glad you included the 'l' there.
KARFA and Calchas like this.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 2:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by msm2000uk
So the days of earning 210TPs for the price of 140, are gone?

M
Yes it would seem so, but to be fair we had thought this back in January.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 3:00 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by Calchas
Yes it would seem so, but to be fair we had thought this back in January.
It's important to keep this via PM if it appears again, don't want every raft to start booking with BA by phone and sending hints to rev man.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 3:28 am

Sounds like an excellent move to me.
Hopefully, they will now start looking at the next step which would be to graduate the tier points awarded for certain fare classes. In particular say awarding reduced tier points for I class and R Class. This would possibly lead to a welcome reduction in the numbers of GGL/CCR.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 3:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by scillyisles
Hopefully, they will now start looking at the next step which would be to graduate the tier points awarded for certain fare classes. In particular say awarding reduced tier points for I class and R Class. This would possibly lead to a welcome reduction in the numbers of GGL/CCR.
When we're told there's only 400 CCR members here I don't see the need to reduce numbers..
orbitmic and TheRealBabushka like this.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 3:41 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Originally Posted by nufnuf77
It's important to keep this via PM if it appears again, don't want every raft to start booking with BA by phone and sending hints to rev man.
I don't agree with this principle and keeping things to any select group(s) on here. If a member posts an anomaly, and they do have a right to post that, and folks then 'get lucky' on the 210 TP's then so be it. BA will and have eventually worked it out anyhow and it is certainly not the way I would like to ever see the BA Board going down.

Originally Posted by scillyisles
Is there a problem with the number of GGL/CCR's at present though? A genuine question.
happeemonkee and BerksFlyer like this.

Last edited by PETER01; Sep 20, 2017 at 3:47 am Reason: added text
Old Sep 20, 2017, 3:52 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
I'm sure that this was never a policy and more of a glitch - I remember having to deal with a sold out I bucket for a booking made nearly two years ago and having to book BA into JFK with an AA flight out in order to UUA LHR-JFK.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.