Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Transferring BA to TG at KUL Advice Please

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2017, 8:55 am
Original Poster

Transferring BA to TG at KUL Advice Please

Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere but I could not find on a search. I will be arriving KUL ex BA33 in F and transferring to TG in J but I will have checked luggage. I am assuming BA will not check thru to BKK, will I have to collect my luggage and go through immigration and then check in again with TG landside? I have travelled this route before but the BKK segment was with MH and BA did check the luggage through. I am hoping on the return TG will check through to LHR!
Old Sep 20, 2017, 9:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
BA will no longer check through on separate tickets, even BA-BA.
You will need to go to the main terminal, clear immigration (which can take a very, very long time!), collect your bags, head over to the TG desk, check-in (within their deadline), and likely head back to the satellite terminal. Allow enough buffer time for delays to LHR-KUL.

Can't help on the return, sorry.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 9:37 am

Is it on separate tickets?
Old Sep 20, 2017, 9:53 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by windowontheAside
Is it on separate tickets?
Yes BA LHR/KUL/LHR and TG KUL/BKK/KUL. Thanks for the advice, I have 3 hours between flights which hopefully should be enough!
Old Sep 20, 2017, 9:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
I (as did KARFA the day before) arrive in F on the BA33 in KUL end of August, and although the queues are long, go straight ahead there are two lanes marked for first/business passengers with a red carpet. I was through in no time, I was HBO and on the train about 25 mins after landing
Old Sep 20, 2017, 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by DelTroon
Yes BA LHR/KUL/LHR and TG KUL/BKK/KUL. Thanks for the advice, I have 3 hours between flights which hopefully should be enough!
3hrs should be more than enough especially since you have priority lane access.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 12:12 am
Original Poster

Thanks everyone, most helpful
Old Sep 21, 2017, 3:06 am

Programs: BA Silver - hard drop from GGL :( SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, AC E50k
Make sure you try the laksa in the MH first class lounge... it is delicious (even made a CNN must eat list), and service is fantastic in the dining section
Old Sep 21, 2017, 3:43 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
I (as did KARFA the day before) arrive in F on the BA33 in KUL end of August, and although the queues are long, go straight ahead there are two lanes marked for first/business passengers with a red carpet. I was through in no time, I was HBO and on the train about 25 mins after landing
We flew into KLIA two weeks ago, J Class MAS.
Went to use the lanes for first/business passengers and they were very long.

We joined an ordinary queue with two people in front of us.
The Immigration Officer asked why we didn't use the Priority Lanes, I explained that his line was much quicker, he looked, nodded , stamped our passports.

We collected our luggage and were out of KLIA in 30 minutes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.