Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Finally in the CCR

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2017, 6:34 am
Original Poster

Finally in the CCR

Finally getting to experience the CCR right now ... sitting on the terrace enjoying a JW Blue Label whilst plane spotting.

Looking forward to our first First to San Diego shortly for our honeymoon ....

Feel free to come say hi!
Attached Images   
Old Sep 4, 2017, 6:43 am

Programs: BA Blue
Congratulations on the wedding and honeymoon and enjoy San Diego we did but is that not a lot of ice for such a good whiskey?

Enjoy your flight and time away

DMF
Old Sep 4, 2017, 6:44 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DeadManFlying
Congratulations on the wedding and honeymoon and enjoy San Diego we did but is that not a lot of ice for such a good whiskey?

Enjoy your flight and time away

DMF
Haha! I realised once I got the whisky that I don't actually like whisky! However I'm sure I'll finish it 😂
Old Sep 4, 2017, 6:47 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Enjoy your first First day.

Originally Posted by GeorgeAmbler89
Haha! I realised once I got the whisky that I don't actually like whisky! However I'm sure I'll finish it 😂
I would normally say don't put ice in whisky, but if you aren't a great fan then the ice will certainly make it easier to drink and don't hesitate to put a little water in it either - I often put a few drops in as it can to open it up a bit more.
Old Sep 4, 2017, 6:50 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KARFA
Enjoy your first First day.

I would normally say don't put ice in whisky, but if you aren't a great fan then the ice will certainly make it easier to drink and don't hesitate to put a little water in it either - I often put a few drops in as it can to open it up a bit more.
Thanks for the tip

See you in October for the simulator outing!
Old Sep 4, 2017, 6:52 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by GeorgeAmbler89
Thanks for the tip

See you in October for the simulator outing!
Aha, of course you are coming. I knew I recognised the username for some reason but couldn't remember why. See you in October.
Old Sep 4, 2017, 6:56 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Have a great time and flight. I very much remember my first CCR visit in 2009 or so and still enjoy the odd sporadic visit.

Ice in Whisky?!! As a Scotsman that's a no no
Old Sep 4, 2017, 7:11 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hotels.com Gold
Congratulations

Have a great trip to San Diego. I've been a few times for work and my best man lives there. Enjoy the Gasslamp area.

Caveat: It has been a few years since I've been there..... but I recommend "Georges at the Cove" up at La Jolla, and get a table on the front of the terrace overlooking the little bay where the seals come in. http://www.georgesatthecove.com

Also, go over to Corronado and relive either "some like it hot" or "Top Gun" :-)
Old Sep 4, 2017, 7:15 am

Congratulations on the wedding and your first First! If you fancy getting out of San Diego proper, go to La Jolla and visit Cuvier Park; the good doctor and I were married at the Wedding Bowl.
Old Sep 4, 2017, 7:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Congratulations! I'm having my first CCR... SIN (since refurb) and actually don't understand all the negativity - yes I ate in Qantas but this is absolutely fine for a couple of hours
Old Sep 4, 2017, 7:18 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GlasgowCyclops
Congratulations

Have a great trip to San Diego. I've been a few times for work and my best man lives there. Enjoy the Gasslamp area.

Caveat: It has been a few years since I've been there..... but I recommend "Georges at the Cove" up at La Jolla, and get a table on the front of the terrace overlooking the little bay where the seals come in. http://www.georgesatthecove.com

Also, go over to Corronado and relive either "some like it hot" or "Top Gun" :-)
ill have to try out George's at the cove considering my name is George! Thanks for the recommendation
Old Sep 4, 2017, 7:22 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Accor Plat, Pucci Fan Club
Congratulations on the wedding and have a great Honeymoon.
Old Sep 4, 2017, 7:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by DeadManFlying
but is that not a lot of ice for such a good whiskey?
I must say I'm one of those people who really do not find it a nice whisky at all! Congratulations on the honeymoon!

Last edited by orbitmic; Sep 4, 2017 at 7:29 am
Old Sep 4, 2017, 7:27 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, OWE Saphire, VS, IB, HHonours, Former Under The Sea Dweller
Congratulations, San Diego is brilliant just got back from there myself a week and a bit ago
Old Sep 4, 2017, 8:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Go for lobster nachos at The Pony Room. Always a treat.

Or Tacos El Gordo on H Street in Chula Vista at the other end of the scale.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.