Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA wine club / where to buy 48 bottles of champagne for next weekend

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2017, 10:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Blue, IC Spire Ambassador

Given this board is the font of all knowledge, is there any wisdom as to where would be good (ie reliable) to buy 48 bottles of rose champagne for next weekend? There's a big family event and we need to source these. Time is short so would prefer a company that will deliver.

I've looked at my usual suspects (the big online retailers such as Laithwaites and one of my favourites, Corks Out) but the issue is finding someone carrying 48 bottles of the same range.

Plan B is to go and speak to my local merchants on Tuesday...and I could also ask our catering manager at work but thought I'd ask the board!

To keep this on topic, I have looked at the BA wine shop to no avail & will pay using a BA Amex! Where can I get the most Avios?

Thanks!
Old Aug 27, 2017, 11:04 am

Programs: BA Gold, Amex Cent, SPG Gold, IC Plat Amb, Hilton Diam(given it though I'd never stayed in a Hilton)
Well I just did a dummy purchase of 8 cases of Veuve Clicquot Rose at Tesco wine and that worked for delivery Tues 29 Aug and they have a variety of other choices available.
Old Aug 27, 2017, 11:59 am

Programs: BA Executive Club Silver, Star Alliance Gold, Hilton/Marriott/SPG Gold
It depends what you're looking for and how much you're willing to spend. I suspect a supermarket is likely to be the easiest option, and probably the cheapest if you're looking for one of the big brands and you can find something on promo. My local Sainsbury's had Moet (admittedly not Rose) for £27 a bottle yesterday. I've previously bought over a hundred bottles from Tesco for a ball when our supplier let us down and they arrived next day.

If you're happy with something more niche, and aiming more mid-high range, Berry Bros are fantastic in my experience - they've never failed some fairly last minute and specific requests from me, and are very knowledgable.
Old Aug 27, 2017, 12:03 pm

Programs: BAEC GfL, currently GGL
Naked Wine?

I've not yet been disappointed with their offerings, and delivery is normally within two days.
Old Aug 27, 2017, 12:19 pm

Aldi, Veuve Monsigny, £11. I know most of my friends, family and acquaintances couldn't differentiate a £11, £30, £50, £100 champagne. (Nor I)

https://www.aldi.co.uk/veuve-monsign...roduct-reviews Free delivery, £4+ named day. No Amex
Old Aug 27, 2017, 12:24 pm

Programs: BA Silver, AF Ivory
Berry brothers and Rudd.

BBR.com
Gomac and rt112 like this.
Old Aug 27, 2017, 12:38 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador
Sainsbury's currently have a 25% discount when you buy 6+ bottles. Offer ends 29th August and there's a 36 bottle limit per customer per online order.
Old Aug 27, 2017, 12:41 pm

Programs: BA bronze, Aeroplan peon
I'd second Berry Brothers
Old Aug 27, 2017, 12:47 pm
Original Poster

Thanks all - some very good suggestions here.

Interestingly, Amazon have a deal on Bollinger Rose (£36 a bottle) atm although limited to 5 per account.

Investigating the others now.

Thanks again.
Old Aug 27, 2017, 1:10 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by IAMORGAN
Thanks all - some very good suggestions here.

Interestingly, Amazon have a deal on Bollinger Rose (£36 a bottle) atm although limited to 5 per account.

Investigating the others now.

Thanks again.
Same price in Waitrose.
Old Aug 27, 2017, 1:25 pm

Programs: BA Gold. EI GoldCircle
Have you tried Costco? Usually a good selection in store.

If not the M&S usually have 25% when you buy 6 but there cava and prosecco is not bad and usually about £10 or less.

Or BBR will sort you
Old Aug 27, 2017, 2:04 pm

I've used majestic wine in the past and they also rent champagne flutes w/ a refundable deposit. And they have free delivery.
Old Aug 27, 2017, 2:07 pm
Suspended

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH DIAMOND, AVIS Presidents Club, Karahi Express
What does this have to do with BAEC?
Old Aug 27, 2017, 2:37 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by deboyzoned
What does this have to do with BAEC?
You can earn Avios via the BA Wine Club :-)

I've got my answer now anyway - as always the forum is a font of knowledge!
Old Aug 27, 2017, 3:16 pm

Programs: BA Gold
I just checked M&S and they are doing their Louis Chaurey / Vertay at 50% off again plus an extra 25% if you buy a certain amount.. Not rose (but you could get Rose Liqueur or Chambord to add for those who want to make it pink) and this is a really nice champagne with real depth and toasty'ness

http://www.marksandspencer.com/louis...mp&pdpredirect

£102 for 6 bottles.. bargain.

£153 for 12 bottles... even more of a bargain! :-D

You can pay with your BAEC card in M&S :-D

Last edited by CaroFos; Aug 27, 2017 at 3:30 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.