FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Nice to London City - Well done BA (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1862955-nice-london-city-well-done-ba.html)

taxloop Aug 24, 2017 12:16 pm

Nice to London City - Well done BA

My wife and two friends did Nice to LCY on BA 8476 in Club today.

They came home talking about a wonderful cabin steward who was hilarious. Apart from that the plane was on time and a very smooth flight.

So for a change its really nice to say well done BA!!!

orbitmic Aug 24, 2017 12:34 pm

I like this flight a lot. It is routinely on time or early and the lunch tray in ET is so much nicer than what the LHR/LGW flights get!

FlyerTalker39574 Aug 24, 2017 2:08 pm

They don't seem to operate this route on August bank holiday Monday, I assume it's deemed a business route.

orbitmic Aug 24, 2017 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by richardwft (Post 28731710)
They don't seem to operate this route on August bank holiday Monday, I assume it's deemed a business route.

Weird as there are 10 flights a week on NCE-LCY including one on Monday but indeed it is not showing on the 28th. i'm guessing maybe LCY operations are a bit messed up on that day for some reason.

NCE routes are mixed business/leisure with lots of high contribution pax both point to point and connecting.

CitySlacker Aug 24, 2017 3:04 pm

Could be due to the reduced operating hours at City on bank holidays and it's possible they couldn't schedule a full rotation in.

FlyerTalker39574 Aug 24, 2017 3:13 pm

Link to bank holiday restrictions https://www.acl-uk.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/LCY-S17-Capacity-Declaration.pdf

aristoph Nov 10, 2019 12:51 pm

Bump. Did BA stop flying LCY-NCE? Or substantially reduce frequency? I can't seem to find any weekend options for this route in the coming weeks. (And I don't remember that it was seasonal either.)

orbitmic Nov 10, 2019 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by aristoph (Post 31722386)
Bump. Did BA stop flying LCY-NCE? Or substantially reduce frequency? I can't seem to find any weekend options for this route in the coming weeks. (And I don't remember that it was seasonal either.)

It is partly seasonal - it used to be summer only but they have actually extended it - but still not running from November to some time in February.

aristoph Nov 10, 2019 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by orbitmic (Post 31722398)
It is partly seasonal - it used to be summer only but they have actually extended it - but still not running from November to some time in February.

Huh, in my imagination we went there in the late autumn from LCY! Thanks for the quick response.

orbitmic Nov 10, 2019 1:15 pm

Originally Posted by aristoph (Post 31722409)
Huh, in my imagination we went there in the late autumn from LCY! Thanks for the quick response.

I think your memory is over-optimistic! ;) In fact this year, flights resume on 1 February which is even earlier than last year (mid-Feb), which was already earlier than the previous one (March)...

ahmetdouas Nov 10, 2019 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by taxloop (Post 28731210)
My wife and two friends did Nice to LCY on BA 8476 in Club today.

They came home talking about a wonderful cabin steward who was hilarious. Apart from that the plane was on time and a very smooth flight.

So for a change its really nice to say well done BA!!!

As far as I am concerned BA CityFlyer is a different airline from BA as it is a huge amount nicer.

Confus Nov 10, 2019 3:44 pm

Originally Posted by ahmetdouas (Post 31722533)
As far as I am concerned BA CityFlyer is a different airline from BA as it is a huge amount nicer.

Well as far as BA is concerned it is, too. BACF is a wholly-owned but (almost entirely) self-managing subsidiary, with their own management, operational and customer teams. I’m often surprised how few on FT actually appreciate this.

SKRan Nov 11, 2019 11:40 pm

CE and ET on CityFlyer is always pleasant for me. I love the E170/190 seats and the sense of lightness.

Brisbane Road Nov 12, 2019 9:37 am

Originally Posted by SKRan (Post 31727499)
CE and ET on CityFlyer is always pleasant for me. I love the E170/190 seats and the sense of lightness.

But the airport is a bit of a mess, a Friday evening will show LCY at its worst with people rammed in like sardines. No lounge/fast track etc.

FlyerTalker39574 Nov 12, 2019 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by Brisbane Road (Post 31728972)
But the airport is a bit of a mess, a Friday evening will show LCY at its worst with people rammed in like sardines....

Not if you’re on the 20.30 to DUB or the 21.00 to EDI.