Nice to London City - Well done BA

Old Aug 24, 17, 1:16 pm
Original Poster

Nice to London City - Well done BA

My wife and two friends did Nice to LCY on BA 8476 in Club today.

They came home talking about a wonderful cabin steward who was hilarious. Apart from that the plane was on time and a very smooth flight.

So for a change its really nice to say well done BA!!!
Old Aug 24, 17, 1:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GfL+CCR, Aclub Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
I like this flight a lot. It is routinely on time or early and the lunch tray in ET is so much nicer than what the LHR/LGW flights get!
Old Aug 24, 17, 3:08 pm

They don't seem to operate this route on August bank holiday Monday, I assume it's deemed a business route.
Old Aug 24, 17, 3:39 pm

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GfL+CCR, Aclub Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by richardwft View Post
They don't seem to operate this route on August bank holiday Monday, I assume it's deemed a business route.
Weird as there are 10 flights a week on NCE-LCY including one on Monday but indeed it is not showing on the 28th. i'm guessing maybe LCY operations are a bit messed up on that day for some reason.

NCE routes are mixed business/leisure with lots of high contribution pax both point to point and connecting.
Old Aug 24, 17, 4:04 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Could be due to the reduced operating hours at City on bank holidays and it's possible they couldn't schedule a full rotation in.
Old Aug 24, 17, 4:13 pm

Link to bank holiday restrictions https://www.acl-uk.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/LCY-S17-Capacity-Declaration.pdf
Old Nov 10, 19, 1:51 pm

Bump. Did BA stop flying LCY-NCE? Or substantially reduce frequency? I can't seem to find any weekend options for this route in the coming weeks. (And I don't remember that it was seasonal either.)
Old Nov 10, 19, 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by aristoph View Post
Bump. Did BA stop flying LCY-NCE? Or substantially reduce frequency? I can't seem to find any weekend options for this route in the coming weeks. (And I don't remember that it was seasonal either.)
It is partly seasonal - it used to be summer only but they have actually extended it - but still not running from November to some time in February.
Old Nov 10, 19, 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by orbitmic View Post
It is partly seasonal - it used to be summer only but they have actually extended it - but still not running from November to some time in February.
Huh, in my imagination we went there in the late autumn from LCY! Thanks for the quick response.
Old Nov 10, 19, 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by aristoph View Post
Huh, in my imagination we went there in the late autumn from LCY! Thanks for the quick response.
I think your memory is over-optimistic! In fact this year, flights resume on 1 February which is even earlier than last year (mid-Feb), which was already earlier than the previous one (March)...
Old Nov 10, 19, 2:53 pm

Programs: Amex Platinum, LH FTL (Silver), BA Blue
Originally Posted by taxloop View Post
My wife and two friends did Nice to LCY on BA 8476 in Club today.

They came home talking about a wonderful cabin steward who was hilarious. Apart from that the plane was on time and a very smooth flight.

So for a change its really nice to say well done BA!!!
As far as I am concerned BA CityFlyer is a different airline from BA as it is a huge amount nicer.
GaxxyFlyer likes this.
Old Nov 10, 19, 4:44 pm

Originally Posted by ahmetdouas View Post
As far as I am concerned BA CityFlyer is a different airline from BA as it is a huge amount nicer.
Well as far as BA is concerned it is, too. BACF is a wholly-owned but (almost entirely) self-managing subsidiary, with their own management, operational and customer teams. Iím often surprised how few on FT actually appreciate this.
Old Nov 12, 19, 12:40 am

Programs: Yes
CE and ET on CityFlyer is always pleasant for me. I love the E170/190 seats and the sense of lightness.
Old Nov 12, 19, 10:37 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by SKRan View Post
CE and ET on CityFlyer is always pleasant for me. I love the E170/190 seats and the sense of lightness.
But the airport is a bit of a mess, a Friday evening will show LCY at its worst with people rammed in like sardines. No lounge/fast track etc.
Old Nov 12, 19, 1:10 pm

Originally Posted by Brisbane Road View Post
But the airport is a bit of a mess, a Friday evening will show LCY at its worst with people rammed in like sardines....
Not if youíre on the 20.30 to DUB or the 21.00 to EDI.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: