Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Paid Upgrade to CE but no CE Meal

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2017, 9:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AZ Exec, FB PFL, OneWorld Sapphire, IHG Diamond, Accor Platinum, Avis/Hertz President
Thank you for the answers and your pow.
Drinks have been offered from CE bar (However I just took sparkling water).
Since I have considered this like a TP run (I paid for the upgrade so it was worth it), I will not ask for the money back.
BA is reading this forum and if they really care they will do something on their own. SkyTeam did it (contacted me on their own and fixed the issue to my full satisfaction) so they can do it too...if they wish to be less MOLish.

Ciao
Ulxima
Old Aug 17, 2017, 11:11 pm

Programs: LH HON
Originally Posted by ulxima
they really care they will do something on their own.
They already did and took your money.
ulxima likes this.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 12:38 am

I understand that BA can't give free food from the back for inventory reasons but couldn't they simply let you buy a few things with avios and then give you them back as compensation using their iPad? Surely that would keep everyone happy enough.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 2:35 am

Originally Posted by hypercrypt
I understand that BA can't give free food from the back for inventory reasons but couldn't they simply let you buy a few things with avios and then give you them back as compensation using their iPad? Surely that would keep everyone happy enough.
It's more than my job's worth, Guv.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 2:44 am
V10

Programs: MUCCI Gold
Originally Posted by hypercrypt
It might not please the ET travellers who are already having to deal with hopelessly undercatered stocks available to buy on board, even before those are further depleted by uncatered club passengers who will naturally need first dibs.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 3:10 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, BA LTG, Hilton Diamond, FB Platinum, EK Gold
I thought LCY did not have BOB? Surely they would have something (a snack) to offer?
Old Aug 18, 2017, 4:06 am

Thank you for the answers and your pow.
Drinks have been offered from CE bar (However I just took sparkling water).
Since I have considered this like a TP run (I paid for the upgrade so it was worth it), I will not ask for the money back.
BA is reading this forum and if they really care they will do something on their own. SkyTeam did it (contacted me on their own and fixed the issue to my full satisfaction) so they can do it too...if they wish to be less MOLish.

Ciao
Ulxima
I think you have a point here regarding the social media aspect. Whilst there is a company rep and bamissingavios, it would be good if BA were proactive in contacting users here who seem to have genuine, unresolved issues.

Then again - what am I thinking...
Old Aug 18, 2017, 4:28 am

Originally Posted by lavajava
I think you have a point here regarding the social media aspect. Whilst there is a company rep and bamissingavios, it would be good if BA were proactive in contacting users here who seem to have genuine, unresolved issues.

Then again - what am I thinking...
It's a fair point, however I don't suppose BA is resourced to trawl the various forums, social emdia etc.

However surely all incidents like the OP's get recorded on board on the famous iPads? Where does that data get downloaded to? Surely someone on the other end could be tasked with contacting any paying customers through that route.

Like most things, where there is a will there is a way.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 4:30 am
V10

Programs: MUCCI Gold
Originally Posted by Upupintheair
I thought LCY did not have BOB? Surely they would have something (a snack) to offer?
For now, though it is in theory at least also coming to LCY services too. I'm not sure of the timing.

For the OP I guess they will have been offered something from the euro traveller cabin, but declined it.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 4:33 am

Originally Posted by simons1
It's a fair point, however I don't suppose BA is resourced to trawl the various forums, social emdia etc.

However surely all incidents like the OP's get recorded on board on the famous iPads? Where does that data get downloaded to? Surely someone on the other end could be tasked with contacting any paying customers through that route.

Like most things, where there is a will there is a way.
I recently got an email from customer relations 6 months after it was logged onto a crew iPad (broken IFE). I still had to call BA back to get it resolved (even if I had forgotten about it). I expect most of the iPads upload their data more often.

I suspect there is a no will to improve this.
Old Aug 19, 2017, 8:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AZ Exec, FB PFL, OneWorld Sapphire, IHG Diamond, Accor Platinum, Avis/Hertz President
Originally Posted by simons1

This is a pity.
Other airlines and alliances follow their forums. They have contacted me, once I reported issues, to know more about the incident.
A SkyTeam representative was the last one contacting me after I reported an issue with MU lounge access policy on international flights.

Ulxima
Old Aug 19, 2017, 11:46 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
This is a pity.
Other airlines and alliances follow their forums. They have contacted me, once I reported issues, to know more about the incident.
A SkyTeam representative was the last one contacting me after I reported an issue with MU lounge access policy on international flights.

Ulxima
From a complaint on FlyerTalk?
Old Aug 22, 2017, 5:07 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
From a complaint on FlyerTalk?

Yes.
Well, it was not really a complaint. I just wrote a sort of report and alert note useful for other fellow FlyerTalkers who may have found themselves in the same situation I found myself in. At least they were aware they might have expected the same issue to occur.
A representative of SkyTeam contacted me privately within a few days I posted the memo. They asked for all details (BPs, tickets, and so on) and kept me informed throughout the whole investigation process until its conclusion (which resulted in a failure of the involved airline to comply with Skyteam rules).

Ulxima
Old Aug 22, 2017, 5:13 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR/Lifetime Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by V10
For the OP I guess they will have been offered something from the euro traveller cabin, but declined it.
You would think so. About three years ago, I was denied meal in CE, but the ET was not available either - they had apparently run out having served the ET pax!
Old Aug 22, 2017, 5:17 pm

Programs: BA bronze, Hertz pres circle, Marriott Platinum, hilton diamond
I think I'd have to just order what I wanted from the BoB trolley, and in fact over order, using avios. Then chase up BA later, to refund said avios AND provide avios compensation on top.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.