Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

55 tier points away from Silver... best option to seal the deal?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2017, 11:21 am
Original Poster

I currently have 450 tier points, with the following flights booked in next few weeks, all economy booked via Expedia (so so I assume lowest category):

10 point
10 point return
35 point
40 point connection

...which would bring me to 545 tier points, 55 short of Silver. What is the most effective way to get that last 55? Can I get there by upgrading one or more of the above flights?

I've traveled so much this year so the thought of additional flights is a little bit nauseating. If that's what it comes to, though, I might be prepared to do it.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 11:23 am

Welcome to FT. You'll need to help us a little bit....where are you departing from and what is your budget? What are the time constraints?
Old Aug 13, 2017, 11:28 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by getyourfreqon
I currently have 450 tier points, with the following flights booked in next few weeks, all economy booked via Expedia (so so I assume lowest category):

10 point
10 point return
35 point
40 point connection

...which would bring me to 545 tier points, 55 short of Silver. What is the most effective way to get that last 55? Can I get there by upgrading one or more of the above flights?

I've traveled so much this year so the thought of additional flights is a little bit nauseating. If that's what it comes to, though, I might be prepared to do it.
Welcome to FT!

So a few suggestions, firstly check your bookings and specifically the selling classes as it is possible they are not in the lowest earning ones (these would be Q, O, and G btw). You may be in line to earn more than you think.

Paid upgrades in the form of POUGs are always possible, but I don't think they are ever offered for TA bookings.

How much have you traveled? You would get silver if you manage 50 flights a year.

Failing all that, perhaps a domestic day return in CE or a short haul CE return with a Saturday night away in Europe would do - it would certainly get you enough earning 80 TPs in total.

Some more suggestions and information can be found in the TP run thread http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...er-thread.html
Old Aug 13, 2017, 11:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Another question to ask is what are your travel plans for the next year?

If very little then it may not be worth spending any £$€ to get to silver. It would be different if you were going to be doing lots of travel in economy where the lounge would be useful.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 11:41 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Welcome to Flyertalk getyourfreqon, and welcome to the BA forum. You've had some good advice upthread, and some good links worth pursuing. Upgrading a flight via an AUP may be the painless way of doing this, and you'll find a glossary in the Dashboard if all the buzzwords get a bit much. But by all means give some more details for more specific advice. Welcome on board.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 1:23 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Cheapest advice is above but I firmly believe in getting the most enjoyment out of flying so a return to Jersey or Amsterdam in CE is my suggestion....have a quality break and home with Silver status.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 6:55 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by getyourfreqon

10 point
10 point return
35 point
40 point connection

Painless, with no extra flying needed, is upgrade your two 10TP flights to 40TPs each. That is plus 60TPs v the 55TPs you are short.

It may also be cheaper to do that than purchase extra return flight(s) to earn 55Ps, especially if POUG or AUP at reduced rates. Plus you'd get lounge access with POUG to ClubEurope 40TP a leg as a bonus.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.