Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Due to recent thefts BA installs CCTV in First Lounge

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Due to recent thefts BA installs CCTV in First Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2017, 6:22 am

Programs: BA GGL; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
No sane person would install a CCTV camera above glass balls.
Cruz got a quote for that location and one in the middle of the room, but above the balls was cheaper
Old Jul 27, 2017, 6:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No sane person would install a CCTV camera above glass balls. They won't get to capture much otherwise, which won't be much use unless of course someone has a severe case of decorative ball fetish.
Dear Moderator,

Hoping to learn more about CCTV camera placement, I Googled "decorative ball fetish" and the pictures that I found were quite different to what is discussed here.

What am I doing wrong?

Yours,
Confused Ambassador.

Old Jul 27, 2017, 6:48 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by Calchas

What am I doing wrong?
Dear Ambassador,

The use of Google is evil for this kind of term, particularly when Image search is utilised. We encourage the use of one's own imagination rather than Google.

Signed: a member of the BA forum moderators without a decorative ball fetish, whether that involves the ones above the champagne bar in the LHR T5 F lounge or not
Old Jul 27, 2017, 6:52 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by Calchas
"decorative ball fetish"
I suspect it goes with the OP's user name once you take a few of the spaces out ....

Contributors to this thread may wish to consider the possibility that they are being trolled before replying further.
Old Jul 27, 2017, 7:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA, Hilton, Can't Remember Bagpuss (But Can) Club
No. I wasn’t trolling. It genuinely started off with good intentions. Silly username. I accept that. And maybe it was too early in the morning. But I will be a lurker from now on again and not a poster.

Last edited by NWIFlyer; Jul 27, 2017 at 7:48 am Reason: Remove sentence commenting on moderation
Old Jul 27, 2017, 8:06 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by A Pen Is Set
Just to clarify: I'm pretty sure - as I was before I wrote the initial post - that BA have NOT installed CCTV cameras above the champagne bar.... although maybe my sense of humour hasn't quite cut it this morning. BA... cost cutting.... champagne on tap... someone bootlegging 20 or so cans of beer from First Lounge... 13 potential CCTV cameras directly above champagne bar.... ...geez..... !!!!!
Don't worry - I got it (hence my post upthread).

I think most BA flyers have had Sense of Humour removal therapy these days.
Old Jul 27, 2017, 8:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Don't worry - I got it (hence my post upthread).

I think most BA flyers have had Sense of Humour removal therapy these days.
I think our humour faded when cost-cutting extended to stripping out half the lightbulbs in the Lounges.
Old Jul 27, 2017, 9:50 am

Programs: Avios Hunter
Originally Posted by Prospero
I cannot see any camera devices in the photo, only light fittings.
I cannot see any new members of this thread, only new accounts.
Old Jul 27, 2017, 11:27 am

They shoot out paint that stick to human skin but not to glass...... the perpetrator can be identified easily but without damaging the glass ball.....
Are they sure the paint won't damage clothing? Not everyone by any means enters the lounge topless and wearing sandals and I would be incandescent were my suit to be marked by paint!

What's BA playing at?
Old Jul 27, 2017, 12:01 pm

Programs: BA Gold, ELAL Top Platinum
GOSH

BA cut evrything and now the ceiling for cameras to protect a £25 bottle of whisky, whats going on......
Old Jul 27, 2017, 8:41 pm

-deleted.

Last edited by Skyrocker; Jul 27, 2017 at 8:51 pm
Old Jul 28, 2017, 2:47 am

Programs: Seniors Bus Pass
OT: Advice to Calchas

My crystal ball tells me that now is a good time to wipe your internet browsing history!
Old Jul 28, 2017, 7:33 am

Speaking about Galleries First, yesterday evening I was waiting for my flight right next to the Customer Service ( that is pretty much in front of the washroom) when I say two lovely little rats roaming around the place. I had to look twice to see if I was having some kind of visual paranoia, but no, it was real.

I just told the agent at the customer service desk and left to a more crowded place.
Old Jul 28, 2017, 7:41 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by geoshina
Speaking about Galleries First, yesterday evening I was waiting for my flight right next to the Customer Service ( that is pretty much in front of the washroom) when I say two lovely little rats roaming around the place. I had to look twice to see if I was having some kind of visual paranoia, but no, it was real.
New menu option.
Old Jul 28, 2017, 11:54 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by Paralytic
New menu option.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.