Community
Wiki Posts
Search

787 on Madrid route

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2017, 1:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci Petit Four de Pucci, RedVee's Navigator Badge, BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
787 on Madrid route

Forgive me if I have missed this somewhere else, but my (ET booking) flight on the 460 to MAD in February has just changed from being a 320 to a 789.

Very nice and not the first time long haul planes are on this route, but unsure if the Dreamliner has been involved before?

MMB is showing me WT+ seats for choice at the moment - in theory - but they are unselectable. It has allocated us now to Row 31 but I can't see that or change it. Maybe that will adjust in time as this is a recent metal change. I wonder if BA IT will catch up?
Old Jul 25, 2017, 2:07 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
This has been communicated before in the MAD thread replacing 777
Old Jul 25, 2017, 2:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci Petit Four de Pucci, RedVee's Navigator Badge, BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Sorry!

Even so,I'd be glad if anyone knows anything about how the seat choice IT may work.

Originally this flight was a 320.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 2:29 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Hello.. as per my previous experience as a GCH I was able to ask the Iberia staff (at Valencia, I was flying VLC-MAD-LHR) for the seat I wanted on the day (in WTP) and I got it.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 2:48 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Schwann
Hello.. as per my previous experience as a GCH I was able to ask the Iberia staff (at Valencia, I was flying VLC-MAD-LHR) for the seat I wanted on the day (in WTP) and I got it.
Thanks. That's helpful.

It's a bit weird, as above, that MMB shows the WT+ seats, but these are unavailable, while it is impossible there to see the WT seats, where we are nevertheless assigned.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 4:43 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Are you in a position to upgrade with Avios to CE? The 787 WT seating is actually worse than an A320, it's certainly narrower.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 1:01 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Are you in a position to upgrade with Avios to CE? The 787 WT seating is actually worse than an A320, it's certainly narrower.
Thanks cws. No, but there's a money offer for CE upgrade. Which might be worth it for the CW seating, I suppose.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 1:53 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Surely it's survivable for a 2 hour flight. I've just booked it for the aviation geek factor, 86 quid for Iberia a340 out and BA 787-9 in, bucket O both ways.

I too get the greyed out wtp cabin map with no ability to change.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 2:03 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by snuffi
Surely it's survivable for a 2 hour flight. I've just booked it for the aviation geek factor, 86 quid for Iberia a340 out and BA 787-9 in, bucket O both ways.

I too get the greyed out wtp cabin map with no ability to change.
Sounds like a good itinerary. And yes, definitely survivable!

I am still wondering if the IT will catch up.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 2:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
In the meantime you can book your proper Y seat on Qantas.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 2:17 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by Fruitcake
Sounds like a good itinerary. And yes, definitely survivable!

I am still wondering if the IT will catch up.
Friday night in Madrid, snack in the lounge before getting on, then tapas until late. Spot of tourism and shopping in the market on Saturday then back on the 787. I do a fair amount of LH in economy as we are 5 so this will be a good opportunity to briefly test how bad this seat really is and if I think it will be possible on longer trips.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 2:37 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by snuffi
Friday night in Madrid, snack in the lounge before getting on, then tapas until late. Spot of tourism and shopping in the market on Saturday then back on the 787. I do a fair amount of LH in economy as we are 5 so this will be a good opportunity to briefly test how bad this seat really is and if I think it will be possible on longer trips.
Sounds a great plan!

In the meantime you can book your proper Y seat on Qantas.
Thank you!
Old Jan 26, 2018, 1:04 pm

I was looking to book this, when I do, it lets me select seats in F. Will this really be available???
Old Jan 26, 2018, 1:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by mikeday1983
I was looking to book this, when I do, it lets me select seats in F. Will this really be available???
Yes for Club Europe passengers, but usually only if all seats in the Club World cabin are full.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 1:50 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
I’m on the 789 LHR to MAD tomorrow. CE out in CW cabin and back in Y but let me choose a seat in Y+ ! Result !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.