Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ABBA - anyone but BA

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2017, 9:32 am

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
You know that is utter nonsense, don't you?
Is there any sign of the new seats yet, Tobias-UK?
Old Sep 10, 2017, 11:19 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by Disco Volante
Is there any sign of the new seats yet, Tobias-UK?
All I know is that the new seat appears to have been chosen and we will see it with the arrival of the A350 aircraft.
rockflyertalk likes this.
Old Sep 10, 2017, 11:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
All I know is that the new seat appears to have been chosen and we will see it with the arrival of the A350 aircraft.
Not likely to get that JER-LGW.

I assume the sainted route LHR-JFK will get them? Or somewhere in the Far East? And the trickle-down to LGW holiday eoutes will be in ... 2020? 2025? Just trying to curb my unwarranted enthusiasm for this long-needed evolution, you understand!
jhjunc, AmaaiZeg and rockflyertalk like this.
Old Sep 10, 2017, 11:55 am

Programs: BAEC
So I guess the question is more when is the 1st A350 scheduled to be delivered, does that have a set date yet?
Old Sep 10, 2017, 12:38 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by rockflyertalk
So I guess the question is more when is the 1st A350 scheduled to be delivered, does that have a set date yet?
2019 seems to be the year mooted.

I wonder if that's the date the Dom P2 will also be introduced?
Old Sep 10, 2017, 12:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
I clearly need to live longer.
passy777 and Calchas like this.
Old Sep 10, 2017, 1:17 pm

Programs: KLM, BA Silver, Etihad
Originally Posted by Sparky_
Pathetic service.
Booked an exit row (I'm 6"7") back from Munich to LHR, of course they switched to to a Qatar service and now my legs and back are in agony.
Should I complain, is it worth it?
I have much sympathy, I am the same height as you and they did it to me twice this week. The lady at the gate tried to tell me that 19A on and Embraer 170 was an exit seat with extra leg room.

To be fair there is no exit wing on a 170 but what I find strange is that on other swaps why can't they put me back in an exit seat?
Old Sep 10, 2017, 1:55 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by T8191
.....I assume the sainted route LHR-JFK will get them?...
My guess is that the B787-10s will be on the LHR-JFK route and will be in a low Y configuration. The B787-10 can't fly very far when fully loaded.
There will probably be a second daily LGW-JFK high density B772 to supply more Y seats.

The A350s may initially be used on routes to allow the B773 aircraft to be converted to 3-4-3 in Economy and replace B747s as these are retired.
Old Sep 10, 2017, 10:28 pm

Programs: SPG LT Plat ANA Plat
Originally Posted by Ancient Observer
I am afraid that Marketing 101 needs to be understood.

You cannot "split" a Brand. Especially not a premium brand. You just cannot market "crap" BA alongside "premium" BA.

You need a different brand. Why not launch one. I believe the brand "Go" is available.

As to Competing with Low cost. Operations 101 is required. Forget it. Each pax costs BA UKP22 at lhr, (pax handling fee) plus their share of landing fees and parking fees.
Ryan gets paid by the local authority to land at some airports.

So any flight out of Thiefrow starts with a cost of about £30 per pax cf Ryanair.
But why not, BA is the brand and then First, CW, WT etc. easily differentiated
and I think the different classes are quite well established by now. It also saves the hudge cost of new branding, and with MF they have a lower cost crew base, I dont see the problem.
Tobias-UK likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.