Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Same day flight change on BA - how?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2018, 3:23 am
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Does having assistance rule out same day changes?
Old Sep 16, 2018, 3:38 am

Originally Posted by GentleGiant
Not my area of expertise but I would hope that it makes no difference. Wouldn't that be unlawful?
Old Sep 16, 2018, 3:57 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by xmrbrightside89
If I upgrade my economy (basic ticket) to CE, will I be able to change the flight time? I might need to use this for a flight back to LHR from LIN (the good thing, is they have loads of flights throughout the day)
There's not much point buying a Basic fare if SDC is under consideration. I have a sneaky feeling that doing a fare difference upgrade to Plus or CE won't allow automatic SDC via BA.com but you should be able to get the agent to look at the new fare basis code to allow it to happen manually. If it's the return then the fare difference would probably be on historical prices so you may be best to do it after the outbound anyway. If it's less than 24 hour since initial booking then there is only the fare difference, no change fee so that would be the best outcome. UuA, POUG and AUP upgrades do not allow SDC.
Originally Posted by GentleGiant
No it doesn't, however the cut-off for changes is 1 hour before the earlier flight in contention, but realistically you best pad that out with a bit of extra time.
Old Sep 16, 2018, 3:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by windowontheAside
Not my area of expertise but I would hope that it makes no difference. Wouldn't that be unlawful?
The situation is comparable to arriving at the airport without having requested assistance in advance. There is no obligation to request assistance in advance but if you don't, it could in theory make things a little more complicated and slower. Clearly, the airports (who are responsible for organising/providing the assistance on the ground) want to have some advance notice to be able to plan the assistance. They will not refuse assistance merely because it has not been requested in advance but may take more time in organising it.That said, I am not sure that it makes that much a difference at many airports. Some are notoriously bad even when assistance is pre-requested.

So, in short, having assistance does not rule out same day changes but be ready for possible delays in providing assistance. In effect, it is similar to not pre-requesting assistance so avoiding changing and/or turning up at the very last minute is advisable.
Old Sep 16, 2018, 4:58 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
There's not much point buying a Basic fare if SDC is under consideration. I have a sneaky feeling that doing a fare difference upgrade to Plus or CE won't allow automatic SDC via BA.com but you should be able to get the agent to look at the new fare basis code to allow it to happen manually. If it's the return then the fare difference would probably be on historical prices so you may be best to do it after the outbound anyway. If it's less than 24 hour since initial booking then there is only the fare difference, no change fee so that would be the best outcome. UuA, POUG and AUP upgrades do not allow SDC.

No it doesn't, however the cut-off for changes is 1 hour before the earlier flight in contention, but realistically you best pad that out with a bit of extra time.
I purchased the basic fare a month ago, and paid £100 in total return, but now I might have to catch a flight a bit later that day (I will know for sure when I land in Milan on Tuesday)

As for now, I have a POUG for £129 and yes it's the return leg. but it's definitely confirmed that upgrading with their offer won't allow SDC?
Old Sep 16, 2018, 5:02 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by xmrbrightside89
As for now, I have a POUG for £129 and yes it's the return leg. but it's definitely confirmed that upgrading with their offer won't allow SDC?
Yes, POUGs do not allow SDC.
Old Sep 16, 2018, 6:39 am

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Just did SDFC now at flight connections for the first time. I didn’t check in for my original flight and I didn’t have any checked baggage.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 12:53 am

Programs: Aegean Airlines Silver, British Airways Gold, Virgin Atlantic Silver
Anyone know if free SDC applies to BA Hot tickets?
Old Jan 30, 2019, 2:14 am

Programs: BA GGL & Gfl, LH Senator, Marriott Plat Prem, AA GLD
Does anyone know what timeframe is use for SDC tickets. For example if I am flying tomorrow from AMS to LHR, can I change from 00:01 CET or UK? Thanks in advance
Old Jan 30, 2019, 3:21 am

Originally Posted by NorthUistFlyer
Does anyone know what timeframe is use for SDC tickets. For example if I am flying tomorrow from AMS to LHR, can I change from 00:01 CET or UK? Thanks in advance
It's local time for the departing airport, so in this example CET. In the other direction it would be GMT (currently). Post 14 has a link to the main thread on the topic.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 4:18 am

Programs: BA GGL & Gfl, LH Senator, Marriott Plat Prem, AA GLD
Cheers CWS - missed the link in the thread
Old Jan 30, 2019, 5:41 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by KARFA
Do not OLCI. If you do you will have to call to be offloaded first before you can do the change.
I have used SDC twice – in both cases I had done OLCI and downloaded my boarding pass to the app and I was still able to do SDC in the app. But perhaps I was just lucky and it is not guaranteed to work.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 5:51 am

Originally Posted by gallagher
Anyone know if free SDC applies to BA Hot tickets?
Assuming you mean Hotline? Then yes.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 8:50 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
Originally Posted by jfallesen
I have used SDC twice – in both cases I had done OLCI and downloaded my boarding pass to the app and I was still able to do SDC in the app. But perhaps I was just lucky and it is not guaranteed to work.
my experience was that I had to get GGL to offload me to do a SDC.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 8:27 am

Programs: BA (LTG), Miles&More (whatever the lowest level is), Oyster card (zones 1-2)
Would free same day flight change be applicable to business class on the last sector of a multi-sector bookings? I have a trip coming up next week the last leg of which is LHR-AMS, but I might want to bring forward that flight. At the moment I am being quoted a couple of hundred to change the booking to an earlier flight. Will it become free if I leave it to the day?

I seem to recall this is only available on simple economy returns, but wanted to check.

MTIA

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.