Community
Wiki Posts
Search

$14,355 on BA/$4212 on expedia

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2017, 1:22 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by carrington1
Sept 8 fl#178 jfk-Lhr/sept 23 117 Lhr-jfk
FWIW, if you just reverse the flights and price the same dates starting from LHR instead, then the website offers the lower I fares. Seems that it's the ex-USA's that are only pricing to the (much higher) J fares.
Old Jul 8, 2017, 1:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I am having a similar issue. Trying to book a CW flight for this winter from the US to London (and return). Going via Google Flights and then using the link from that to book on the BA website gives me one price. Going directly to the BA website myself and typing in the exact same flight info gives me a fare of almost exactly twice as much.
Old Jul 8, 2017, 3:26 pm
Suspended

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH DIAMOND, AVIS Presidents Club, Karahi Express
Originally Posted by UTFB
Book with BA and use the Best Price Guarantee and they'll refund you the difference. Worked for me a few times now. Needs to be exactly the same flights, booking class etc.
Book with Expedia. Advise above will leave you out of pocket!
Old Jul 9, 2017, 10:35 am

Programs: BA GGL, LH FTL
Originally Posted by UTFB
Book with BA and use the Best Price Guarantee and they'll refund you the difference. Worked for me a few times now. Needs to be exactly the same flights, booking class etc.
I tried this once and BA refused to pay. As it was only £20 I let it slip, but wouldn't risk it again, especially not with a price difference as big as for the OP.
Old Jul 9, 2017, 11:19 am

Same issue here as well - BA.com seems to be having all sorts of problems this weekend.

I'm mainly looking at WTP NYC-LON over Christmas and seeing $5000+ fares. I assume they're only selling the highest booking classes by mistake.

What's interesting is the same fares for the same flights seem to be changing around as I refresh the page. The options are too - sometimes I get a a choice between WT/WTP/CW, sometimes WTP/CW/F, it seems to be all over the place...

I also observed a couple of 'bargains' which I cannot now reproduce:
- one-way F for $2200 (vs WTP for $2500)
- one-way F for £1000 (should have booked it when i saw it...)
Old Jul 9, 2017, 3:08 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, Virgin Silver, Marriott Platinum, HH diamond, IHG Platinum
BA are aware of the issue apparently but don't know when it will be fixed. I wonder how much business they may lose in the meantime if people don't check elsewhere.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 8:39 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Now fixed.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 9:08 am
Suspended

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by HIDDY
Now fixed.
Way to go Hid!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.