Wiki Posts
Search

What to expect LHR-TLV 1st?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2017, 8:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: GGL, UA 1MM
What to expect LHR-TLV 1st?

Treating ourselves to 1st on LHR-TLV. What should we expect for the day flight?

Do we still get pyjamas? slippers? one meal service or two? (given it is a short day flight)

Anything else I should be sure not to miss?

i saw a lot of VIP services offered at TLV, both outgoing and for return. Are they necessary? Are the queues really long? Is there Fast Track in TLV on arrival/departure?

thanks
Old Jul 4, 2017, 8:07 am

Programs: BA Gold, Ritz-Carlton Gold
I always get the VIP service at TLV (or rather my company does), as it makes getting through immigration and security much faster, especially when the airport is crowded.

I've found the extent of crowding highly variable even though I generally take the same flights for each visit.
Old Jul 4, 2017, 8:09 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by 35711
Treating ourselves to 1st on LHR-TLV. What should we expect for the day flight?

Do we still get pyjamas? slippers? one meal service or two? (given it is a short day flight)

Anything else I should be sure not to miss?

i saw a lot of VIP services offered at TLV, both outgoing and for return. Are they necessary? Are the queues really long? Is there Fast Track in TLV on arrival/departure?

thanks
Haven't done TLV-LHR in F so far (was supposed to be but then there was an aircraft change ).

I am not sure what you mean by VIP services at TLV but fast track is not really fast and the lounge BA uses is very basic.

Enjoy your flight

Last edited by Innocent Abroad; Jul 4, 2017 at 8:24 am
Old Jul 4, 2017, 8:27 am

There's a paid VIP meet and greet service at TLV. On arriving they meet you at the gate, drive you to immigration (which can be a huge timesaver if your plane is on a remote stand), and then get you to the front of the line at immigration. For departure they get you to the front of the line at screening and security.
Old Jul 4, 2017, 8:44 am

Originally Posted by thephirm
There's a paid VIP meet and greet service at TLV. On arriving they meet you at the gate, drive you to immigration (which can be a huge timesaver if your plane is on a remote stand), and then get you to the front of the line at immigration. For departure they get you to the front of the line at screening and security.
But is it complimentary for BA costumers in F?
Old Jul 4, 2017, 8:50 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Personally I wouldn't bother with VIP services at TLV. I've not really found it much worse than any other large airport on the whole. I still turn up about 75 minutes before departure, albeit with no checked luggage, and broadly speaking get 30 minutes in the lounge. 15 minutes to clear security and emigration would be at the top end of my experiences. They do target passengers fairly overtly, so as an ageing Anglo-Saxon the questioning tends to stop when they ask my religion.

First Service, presumably the morning service, is just one meal, a comprehensive breakfast (no bacon obviously), though the crew can get various other snacks if you need them. Unlikely to be required, I would have thought, it's a fairly short flight and the breakfast is a good size. Slippers and PJs on request
Old Jul 4, 2017, 9:25 am

Originally Posted by Innocent Abroad
But is it complimentary for BA costumers in F?
No, of course not.
Old Jul 4, 2017, 6:17 pm

Personally I also wouldn't bother with the VIP service.
Yes,you do save the walk from the gate to the immigration hall but by the time you get to the luggage carousel and wait for your bags,all the "non vips" have caught up with you!
Old Jul 4, 2017, 11:18 pm

Just noticed you're on LHR-TLV I too would not bother with the VIP service.
Old Jul 5, 2017, 2:05 am

Programs: BA*GGL, A3*G, AF*P, VS*S
If you are a citizen of most Western countries, entering on a standard 90 day tourist visa (usually issued on the spot and at no charge), with no stamps from Arab/Muslim countries in your passports, have a return ticket and accommodation booked, and no intention to visit the Palestinian Territories (other than something like a day trip to Bethlehem), you'll likely clear arrivals security/immigration within far less time than a foreign passport-holder landing in the UK or US, usually a few minutes. Not worth using the VIP service inbound in that case.
Old Jul 5, 2017, 3:07 am

Programs: BAEC GGL & CCR / QF LTG
I just did LHR – TLV – LHR (BA167/BA164) in F for Pride as an Amex 2-4-1 redemption. It was a really good flight and no different to one of 11 hours in terms of service etc. Got the usual PJs (use them at home) but didn’t bother with slippers. Great crew and was lucky enough to get the 787 on the way back.

TLV airport is really no different to others, the exception being the security check before you drop off your bags / check in. We walked right up to the First check-in bypassing this and were politely told security comes first. (My partner and I were pulled aside for additional questioning, I suspect because he looks nothing like his passport photo). After that, it was all rather standard; even being able to use an e-gate for departure on a UK passport. As noted, the lounge is nothing special and I’d plan to spend minimal time there. On arrival we mentioned a side trip to Jordan (to see Petra), plus Bethlehem and that was no issue.
Old Jul 5, 2017, 4:23 am

Originally Posted by frb98mf
If you are a citizen of most Western countries, entering on a standard 90 day tourist visa (usually issued on the spot and at no charge), with no stamps from Arab/Muslim countries in your passports, have a return ticket and accommodation booked, and no intention to visit the Palestinian Territories (other than something like a day trip to Bethlehem), you'll likely clear arrivals security/immigration within far less time than a foreign passport-holder landing in the UK or US, usually a few minutes. Not worth using the VIP service inbound in that case.
In my experience, Arabic stamps made no difference whatsoever in entering the country; I was through in a matter of a few minutes. The ten minute conversation about them came when trying to check in for the return flight. Then security took an hour on the first trip, and 15 minutes the next - if you want to pay for any of the VIP services, departures will be more worthwhile than arrivals.

As for the in-flight service, I've only done the inbound TLV-LHR in F, but it was definitely the full service, with nothing cut out for a short flight.
Old Aug 1, 2017, 2:40 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
First Service, presumably the morning service, is just one meal, a comprehensive breakfast (no bacon obviously), though the crew can get various other snacks if you need them. Unlikely to be required, I would have thought, it's a fairly short flight and the breakfast is a good size. Slippers and PJs on request
What about the washbag?
Old Aug 1, 2017, 3:07 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Innocent Abroad
What about the washbag?
That's pro-actively offered, as it is in CW.
Old Aug 1, 2017, 3:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Personally I wouldn't bother with VIP services at TLV. I've not really found it much worse than any other large airport on the whole. I still turn up about 75 minutes before departure, albeit with no checked luggage, and broadly speaking get 30 minutes in the lounge. 15 minutes to clear security and emigration would be at the top end of my experiences. They do target passengers fairly overtly, so as an ageing Anglo-Saxon the questioning tends to stop when they ask my religion.

Fully agree. TLV 'feels' long to many because of the questions at security which many people are not used to, but then both immigration and hand luggage security are extremely fast, the airport is well conceived with little walking, and it goes fast, especially if you remain calm and polite, and even more so if you have been to Israel before and got the right stickers at the back of your passport.

I do not arrive at TLV any earlier than I do at most other airports, and earlier than I do at CAI and a few others.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.