Search

Business class bag drop opening at T5

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2017, 4:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Business class bag drop opening at T5

Dear All

Could someone kindly let me know when bag drop opens for J travelers at LHR T5 - 3 hours or can I check in my luggage earlier?

This is likely for most here a stupid question but I am loyal *A customer and almost never use BA - and my wife will likely like to spend more than 3 hours for shopping/ spa/ lounge

Thanks
Daniel
Old Jul 13, 2017, 4:03 pm

Programs: BA Gold; LH FTL; IHG Diamond; Marriott Gold; ALL Gold
Can't find the source right now, but my memory tells me any time after 5am on the day of travel.

Edit: yes, 5am for F, J or BAEC elites: see here.
Old Jul 14, 2017, 3:27 am

Programs: BA GOLD/OWE BA Amex Prem Plus Tesco Airmiles Qantas Bronze IHG SPG Eithad
As Deltus says any time after 5am J F and elite paxs can drop their bags off and then be able to spend more time shopping and in the lounge, maybe get a treatement booked if there are spaces.^
Old Jul 14, 2017, 4:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
05:00 on day of travel, or a tad earlier if the staff are in a good mood.
Old Jul 14, 2017, 5:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
See the Bag Drop section easily found on BA website
Old Jul 14, 2017, 7:39 am

Programs: BA silver,
We have an early morning flight from T5 and staying at the Sofitel T5 the night before. At LGW you can drop your bags off the night before (up to 8pm I think). The BA Bag drop section does not mention this so does anybody know whether we can drop off bags the night before at T5?
Old Jul 14, 2017, 7:42 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by rjhcambs
We have an early morning flight from T5 and staying at the Sofitel T5 the night before. At LGW you can drop your bags off the night before (up to 8pm I think). The BA Bag drop section does not mention this so does anybody know whether we can drop off bags the night before at T5?
No you can't at T5.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 1:12 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
I assume one can drop bags at the first class check in desks several hours before the flight as well?

Assume same is for T3 and T5?
Old Jul 24, 2017, 1:16 pm

If you're able to use the J or F check in desks, then you can use them any time that they're open on the day of your flight. If you're on the first flight of the day from an outstation, then the desks probably won't be manned until T-3hrs, but at any of the London bases where the desks are open all day, you can use them all day. This goes whether you're dropping bags or just printing a boarding pass.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 1:17 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by GentleGiant
I assume one can drop bags at the first class check in desks several hours before the flight as well?

Assume same is for T3 and T5?
Yes from 5am. See the information on the linked BA.com page in UKtravelbear's post.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.