Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA cancel ticket without customer notice?

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2017, 7:22 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by madhukumail
Thank you all for your support.

Early morning 3:30am CST I've received a call from BA customer support, give us final 24hrs time to final investigation and will get back to you. Whatever question I asked like how far you are with the investigation so far what you find out, he said, we are still in process.

One thing I'm confusing here, if I book new tickets for my parents with other airlines or BA for same travel dates, later BA comes back and say we reinitiated tickets and your parents are good to travel with old tickets, then I have to cancel either ticket with penalties?
If BA says they'll be done in 24 hours, I wouldn't book other tickets for at least 48 hours.

In fact, IMO based on what you've revealed in this thread, your best bet (and you have time) is getting BA to reinstate the tickets. Buying other tickets will be much more expensive and probably less convenient or you wouldn't have picked the BA flights from the beginning.
Old May 23, 2017, 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by madhukumail
Thank you all for your support.

Early morning 3:30am CST I've received a call from BA customer support, give us final 24hrs time to final investigation and will get back to you. Whatever question I asked like how far you are with the investigation so far what you find out, he said, we are still in process.

One thing I'm confusing here, if I book new tickets for my parents with other airlines or BA for same travel dates, later BA comes back and say we reinitiated tickets and your parents are good to travel with old tickets, then I have to cancel either ticket with penalties?
I would wait until BA gives you the solution and if you are not happy politely but firmly tell the agent you are put into a financial predicament that could have been avoided had all of this been done back when you booked the reservation. Remind them of the details and have the itinerary you would like for your Parents in mind(2 options or more are good).

Then see if BA could book them in good seats as they are perhaps elderly and require assistance. Perhaps you can work out a deal to get the pre-reserved seats fee waived in a premium location or perhaps work out a deal to fly them in Premium Economy or Business Class. But first get them booked and you can negotiate what you would like to happen for the stress it has caused you.

Listen if BA called me with potential fraud I would have called them right away to rectify the situation. But it seems as if BA did not reach out to you in a timely manner and now airfares are almost double that what you had expected.

Please keep us posted after you are done with the call. Also if they don't call you within 24 hours I would give them until the 25th hour and then would be calling them myself. We can't rely on them calling us back which is why I ask for a pone number to the proper department so that way I can ring them if needed.

Hope this helps.
Old May 23, 2017, 12:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...nt-ticket.html
Old May 24, 2017, 12:19 am

Programs: EI AerClub Concierge, EK Gold, BA Gold, BD Gold (Retired), HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Old May 24, 2017, 12:41 am

I am getting 'page not found'

Last edited by Flexible preferences; May 24, 2017 at 12:52 am Reason: sorted now, thanks
Old May 24, 2017, 1:06 am

Programs: EL AL Matmid, BA Executive Club GfL, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by Flexible preferences
I am getting 'page not found'
I can get it OK.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.