Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

British Airways silver - the 4 eligible flights?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

British Airways silver - the 4 eligible flights?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2018, 12:27 am

Programs: BAEC Silver; Hilton Diamond;a miscellany of other hotel non-statuses
Originally Posted by Quinlanty
Sorry to bother again. Im having trouble with BA saying one of my flights isn't eligible. From my very basic understanding of the requirements on post 18 it should.? I flew AGP-MAD on Iberia, booked through Iberia, but operated by Air Nostrum. Does Air Nostrum not count as on of the "Iberia franchises"? Thank you!
The view here was that it should: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/26282231-post4.html
Old Sep 22, 2018, 9:46 am

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
Originally Posted by Hannibal Lecter
They have changed the text on BA.COM, the line about codeshare has been removed and the first line is repeated

Eligible British Airways flights are:
  • British Airways operated flights, including franchises and BA CityFlyer.
  • British Airways operated flights, including franchises and BA CityFlyer.
  • Flights operated by Iberia, included franchises, with an IB flight number.
https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...ut-tier-points
So, to confirm, Vueling IS NOT an Iberia "included franchise", but "Air Nostrum" IS an Iberia "Included franchise"?
Thanks
Old Sep 22, 2018, 9:54 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by kyushuman
So, to confirm, Vueling IS NOT an Iberia "included franchise", but "Air Nostrum" IS an Iberia "Included franchise"?
Overwhelmingly yes. Some Vueling flights are performed with Air Nostrum, who also occasionally provide services for other airlines too, and these won't count. But if it's something like an IB prime number performed by Nostrum from PMI to MAD then that is OK so long as it is booked into IB. If it is Sold as VY on IB (codeshare) then this won't be eligible.
Old Sep 22, 2018, 11:27 am

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Overwhelmingly yes. Some Vueling flights are performed with Air Nostrum, who also occasionally provide services for other airlines too, and these won't count. But if it's something like an IB prime number performed by Nostrum from PMI to MAD then that is OK so long as it is booked into IB. If it is Sold as VY on IB (codeshare) then this won't be eligible.
So ATH-MAD-ALG (all IB flight numbers, not VY flight numbers) but on Vueling metal doesn't count, right?
Of course I want it to count
Old Sep 22, 2018, 11:41 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
So ATH-MAD-ALG (all IB flight numbers, not VY flight numbers) but on Vueling metal doesn't count, right?
Of course I want it to count
Is that correct? Vueling certainly flies to/from ALG, but connections are usually via BCN? Unless it's a new route or some such. There are some VY services on ALG-ALC/VLC/AGP/MRS but they don't usually route connections through these locations since there isn't a baggage handling contract in place. But in any event, if you are on a VY aircraft the one and only way to get eligible flights is to fly under a BA codeshare, and I can't see any BA codeshares on ALG services.
Old Sep 22, 2018, 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Is that correct? Vueling certainly flies to/from ALG, but connections are usually via BCN? Unless it's a new route or some such. There are some VY services on ALG-ALC/VLC/AGP/MRS but they don't usually route connections through these locations since there isn't a baggage handling contract in place. But in any event, if you are on a VY aircraft the one and only way to get eligible flights is to fly under a BA codeshare, and I can't see any BA codeshares on ALG services.
You're probably right -- I wasn't paying attention to the connecting point since I am not staying in Spain.

I actually found reasonable BA flights (separate tickets) ATH-LHR/LGW-ALG that get me the 2 more BA flights I needed for Silver.
But thanks for that!
Old Sep 23, 2018, 9:36 am

Oops another question-- does it matter if a ticket is "marketed by" IB, "operated by" Air Nostrum, but ticketed on AA stock?
Iberia
Business Class
Canadair RJ 1000
IB 8721
Plane and crew by Air Nostrum
Old Sep 23, 2018, 9:38 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, SK Diamond, ITA Volare Club Executive, TK Elite
Oops another question-- does it matter if a ticket is "marketed by" IB, "operated by" Air Nostrum, but ticketed on AA stock?
Iberia
Business Class
Canadair RJ 1000
IB 8721
Plane and crew by Air Nostrum
doesnt matter because of wetlease.
Old Sep 23, 2018, 10:16 am

That would be OK for TPs, Avios and Eligible Flights, it would be almost identical to a service operated by IB mainline.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 10:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Sorry for the urgent question. It must have been answered before, but cannot find it.
I fly CDG-MAD with IB code but operated by IB Express. Does it count as eligible flight?
BAEC stress that it must be marketed AND operated by IB.

Last edited by brunos; Oct 7, 2018 at 10:43 pm
Old Oct 7, 2018, 10:50 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by brunos
Sorry for the urgent question. It must have been answered before, but cannot find it.
I fly CDG-MAD with IB code but operated by IB Express. Does it count as eligible flight?
BAEC stress that it must be marketed AND operated by IB.
yes, its an IB franchaisee (Nostrum and IB express is, YV isnt)

Last edited by kaka; Oct 7, 2018 at 11:19 pm
Old Oct 7, 2018, 11:11 pm

Originally Posted by jwhite9185
My own personal opinion is that it should be 4 flights for bronze, 10 for silver and 20 for gold. Far too easy to get status with a couple of cheap QR flights these days and then do a couple of token LHR-MAN returns to hit gold
Many may perceive that comment to be somewhat selfish.

I do suspect that the qualifying flights required for status will change, but in the meantime, let those whose travel is not paid by their employers or flyers who travel purely for leisure out of their own pocket, take advantage of attaining status relatively easy.

Old Oct 7, 2018, 11:13 pm

Programs: BA Silver Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci.
I was surprised my AA flights with a BA fligtht number counted the other day

Up thread the criteria of a BA flight number on another carrier seemed to have been removed in the updated version of qualifying flights
Old Oct 8, 2018, 12:58 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by allturnleft
I was surprised my AA flights with a BA fligtht number counted the other day

Up thread the criteria of a BA flight number on another carrier seemed to have been removed in the updated version of qualifying flights
that page on ba.com seems to be erroneous. Have a look at post 18 for the full criteria for eligible flights, any BA operated flight or BA marketed flight should be fine.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 1:05 am

Originally Posted by passy777
Many may perceive that comment to be somewhat selfish.

I do suspect that the qualifying flights required for status will change, but in the meantime, let those whose travel is not paid by their employers or flyers who travel purely for leisure out of their own pocket, take advantage of attaining status relatively easy.
Indeed, and not very well informed either. Easiest thing is to get your QR flights under a codeshare and then you don't need the MAN trips.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.