Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ex-EU Holiday Packages

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2017, 3:37 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for all the feedback! Holidays booked business class flights for the same price as economy tickets can't really beat that
Old Apr 24, 2017, 2:34 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Melia Gold, Shangri-La Jade, BA Amex PP, Iberia+, Nandos Card
Enjoy your trip! (This also answered a question of mine so I may be following your lead soon!)
Old Apr 24, 2017, 5:35 am

Programs: TK *G, BA Gold
Originally Posted by rossmacd
Correct. Bonus Avios are only awarded on ex-UK holidays packages.
If you look at the menu options on ba.com for UK and EU countries then the wording is different. There are no ex-EU "holidays". BA are selling flights with hotel and/or car (book together and save). So it's not correct to talk about booking ex-eu "holidays".

When you book a "holiday" (UK type) that includes a hotel, do you earn avios from the hotel part of the booking? The conditions seem to suggest otherwise. is the bonus avios making up for this "If a customer books a partner hotel as part of their holiday they cannot claim bonus Avios directly from hotel partners".

I would assume a "book together and save" for flight + hotel earns avios for the flight and if the hotel chain awards avios then avios for the hotel also.
Attached Images   
Old Apr 24, 2017, 5:45 am

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
I'm just looking at this now, but the website seems to be throwing technical issues (down most likely).

It is saying that it will allow a deposit (good), but the savings it's giving are miserly on the routes I'm looking at.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 6:28 am

Programs: Seigneur des Tarifs Utils First Class Mucci with Honours :) - BA GGL / CCR
I just came back from a Dublin to Dubai BA Holidays booking and there was no issues at all, Just dont think that you are eligible for the BONUS avios you get for a BA holiday.

Something to also think about is your travel insurance. I never realised this till recently but mine has a clause in pretty much most sections that says all trips / Flights must begin in the UK to be covered. Might just be my insurer but worth a look too.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 6:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
An interesting topic. I must explore further, as I need to do some holiday bookings in the next week or three.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 6:34 am

Programs: Seigneur des Tarifs Utils First Class Mucci with Honours :) - BA GGL / CCR
Originally Posted by T8191
An interesting topic. I must explore further, as I need to do some holiday bookings in the next week or three.
I tend to use it as a buffer as well. Even if I have the means to pay it all at once. I can use a holiday booking to secure flights and even if I take a car and forget to pick it up it usually works out just as cheap an example:

DUB - DXB in W = £511 each
DUB - DXB in W with a car added to make it a BA Holiday : £530~ each

The biggest bonus is getting it booked as a holiday allows a deposit of £150 for under £1500, £300 for anything over that.

This makes Inflexible tickets more flexible in my eyes as if you have only paid a deposit and closer to the time cant travel for some reason you are out the deposit but not the whole ticket cost minus taxes so I use it as a buffer.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 6:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
I confess I've never bothered about the flexibility or cash-flow aspects, and certainly don't anticipate dropping hotel/car! But saving some GBP is always welcome
Old Apr 24, 2017, 7:03 am

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
Originally Posted by cgtechuk
Something to also think about is your travel insurance. I never realised this till recently but mine has a clause in pretty much most sections that says all trips / Flights must begin in the UK to be covered. Might just be my insurer but worth a look too.
That's a good tip. My policy says "Your holiday or journey starts when you leave the place you usually live or work". I've always taken that to mean that it starts with the positioning flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.