Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA American Express 2-4-1 Voucher Discussion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA American Express 2-4-1 Voucher Discussion

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2017, 5:12 am

Many thanks for the quick reply.
Old May 7, 2017, 7:45 am

Programs: BA Silver
Thank you

Obduro,
I would like to thank you so much for all the information you have given for using 2 for1 voucher.
I was hoping to book BHD to SYDNEY one way to join a cruise ,in April next year, tried a couple of practise bookings and it seemed easier to book LHR to SYDNEY.
355 days out at 1 01am there were two Club World seats available on the date I wanted from Lhr so I grabbed them and booking on line was very straight forward.
Next day , just before telephoning to add the domestic flights, I checked again and there were 2 First seats available for the day after my original booking, and we had the flexibility to change.
I got a very helpful agent who changed our date of travel by one day and added on the flights from BHD.
Thanks to all the great information gleaned we are really looking forward to our first 'First' next April
Old May 7, 2017, 10:51 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, UA Mileage Plus, Hotels.com Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Pizza Express Gold
Originally Posted by obduro
I think, based on previous comments, it's an American Express card full stop. Would be good to get firm confirmation from someone who has actually used an MBNA/Lloyds issued Amex though.
I have used a Lloyds Amex to book a 241 without any problems (booking made lat year).
Old May 7, 2017, 11:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Melia Gold, Shangri-La Jade, BA Amex PP, Iberia+, Nandos Card
Originally Posted by sentosa
Obduro,
I would like to thank you so much for all the information you have given for using 2 for1 voucher.
I was hoping to book BHD to SYDNEY one way to join a cruise ,in April next year, tried a couple of practise bookings and it seemed easier to book LHR to SYDNEY.
355 days out at 1 01am there were two Club World seats available on the date I wanted from Lhr so I grabbed them and booking on line was very straight forward.
Next day , just before telephoning to add the domestic flights, I checked again and there were 2 First seats available for the day after my original booking, and we had the flexibility to change.
I got a very helpful agent who changed our date of travel by one day and added on the flights from BHD.
Thanks to all the great information gleaned we are really looking forward to our first 'First' next April
No worries at all, enjoy your first First - there is plenty of info on maximising the experience in the dashboard thread!
Old May 7, 2017, 11:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Melia Gold, Shangri-La Jade, BA Amex PP, Iberia+, Nandos Card
Originally Posted by omk298
I have used a Lloyds Amex to book a 241 without any problems (booking made lat year).
Good to have the confirmation - thanks for sharing!
Old May 9, 2017, 10:36 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Adding return to 2-4-1 booking

Hi,

I currently have a 2-4-1 booking with only the outbound leg. I'm now looking to add a return booking to it, so I will have to do over the phone. The catch is I've now cancelled the card I used to pay the tax, so can I pay the extra tax on a different card, or is it not possible anymore?

Many thanks
Old May 9, 2017, 11:58 am

Programs: BA Gold, HHonours, SPG, AVIS
When I did it, they had the original card on the book, but because of some suspicious activity I had a completely different card number, so I just gave them that. About 5 weeks later they sent an email saying there was an issue on 5he booking, the issue being they hadn't made the charge to AMEX. A further 5 weeks later another email came. So I stayed on the phone while they made the charge
Old May 9, 2017, 12:11 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Check out this thread for all things 241

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...iscussion.html
Old May 9, 2017, 4:49 pm

Originally Posted by omk298
Originally Posted by obduro
Good to have the confirmation - thanks for sharing!
Just another data point: I've recently used a Lloyds Amex to book a 241. The agent stipulated that the card had to be in the account holder's name.
Old May 12, 2017, 7:10 am

Hi,

I have an open-jaw booking to the US for Sep/Oct using an AMEX 2-4-1. I have also pre-booked seats. If I wanted to change our flights to different destinations, would this be treated as a cancellation or a change to the booking?

I understand that if I were to cancel the flights, I would loose the £ paid for the seat reservations

If changing the flights, do I get to pick new seats when making the change or would I have to wait until they were ticketed (and poss. miss out on the better seats)?
Old May 12, 2017, 7:22 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by sarahhj
Hi,

I have an open-jaw booking to the US for Sep/Oct using an AMEX 2-4-1. I have also pre-booked seats. If I wanted to change our flights to different destinations, would this be treated as a cancellation or a change to the booking?

I understand that if I were to cancel the flights, I would loose the £ paid for the seat reservations

If changing the flights, do I get to pick new seats when making the change or would I have to wait until they were ticketed (and poss. miss out on the better seats)?
It's a change, although changes can only be done where you are changing within the same avios band. The change fee would be charged at £35 per person. If you need to change your destination between avios zones you would have to cancel and rebook.
Old May 12, 2017, 7:42 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
It's a change, although changes can only be done where you are changing within the same avios band. The change fee would be charged at £35 per person. If you need to change your destination between avios zones you would have to cancel and rebook.
Thank you - same zone so that's fine ^ Good to know though, for future reference. I am growing twitchy about the possible electronics ban.
Old May 20, 2017, 4:47 am

Slight variation on travelling without the card holder.

I know the companion can't travel without the cardholder. If we are on an itinerary MAN-LHR-LAX-LHR-MAN and both passengers fly the first three legs, but the cardholder tries to skip (not board) the final LHR-MAN leg, what happens to the companion who has boarded that final leg?

We'd make sure any bags were checked as the companion's not the cardholder's.

Last edited by Corpt; May 20, 2017 at 5:02 am
Old May 20, 2017, 7:48 am

Programs: Status with BA Exec Club; KrisFlyer; Hilton Honors; IHG One; Marriott Bonvoy
Household Account and 2-4-1

In a household account can a 2-4-1 voucher holder book the main & companion for other members of the household? Perhaps as they want to pay and get TPs, or simply don't want to fly that time/route.
Old May 20, 2017, 9:11 am

Originally Posted by memesweeper
In a household account can a 2-4-1 voucher holder book the main & companion for other members of the household? Perhaps as they want to pay and get TPs, or simply don't want to fly that time/route.
The voucher holder must be on the ticket. No exceptions.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.