FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   AUP is "discounted" so no Tier Points or Avios (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1833441-aup-discounted-so-no-tier-points-avios.html)

kt1931 Apr 1, 2017 5:51 pm

AUP is "discounted" so no Tier Points or Avios

Is BA trying there luck here?

Flew LHR to LAS in WTP. At the airport I was offered an upgrade for $700 to CW.
The WTP fare was cash, the upgrade was cash.

Spoke to BA on Twitter to get the Tier Points and Avios for this. They said:

Hi XXXXXXX, as the upgrade you purchased at the airport was discounted, you wouldn't receive Avios or Tier Points for this cabin. You would receive them for the original cabin purchased. You have been credited correctly. ^Chris
This is news to me?

Flexible preferences Apr 1, 2017 5:55 pm

Originally Posted by kt1931 (Post 28117096)
Is BA trying there luck here?

Flew LHR to LAS in WTP. At the airport I was offered an upgrade for $700 to CW.
The WTP fare was cash, the upgrade was cash.

Spoke to BA on Twitter to get the Tier Points and Avios for this. They said:

This is news to me?

I think the BA agent was wrong. I purchased an AUP on a cash fare and the correct TP and Avios posted for the CW cabin I upraded to.

Calum Apr 1, 2017 5:59 pm

I would not be surprised if they had changed the rules but I don't actually know. Last time I did an AUP (S16), I got the extra TP's and avios.

BA's IT is clearly trash as I always get the extra TP's/Avios on upgrades made with avios;)

KARFA Apr 1, 2017 6:06 pm

I assume this has posted to your account at the WTP level? Try putting a normal claim in by calling BA and see what happens.

kt1931 Apr 1, 2017 6:13 pm

Correct WTP level.
They said they could not detect any upgrade to start with so I DM'd them my BP and Receipt on Twitter and now they are saying this

KARFA Apr 1, 2017 6:14 pm

Originally Posted by kt1931 (Post 28117141)
Correct WTP level.
They said they could not detect any upgrade to start with so I DM'd them my BP and Receipt on Twitter and now they are saying this

Just call BA - I wouldn't bother wasting any more time with the twitter team.

Dambus Apr 1, 2017 6:19 pm

Originally Posted by kt1931 (Post 28117141)
Correct WTP level.

Are the departure manifests not 100% aligned with the reservations system?

kt1931 Apr 1, 2017 6:48 pm

I've called BA and they've told me to submit the paper copies on a form.
I have already done this and they gave me the response above.

I will do it again. Thank you.

Flight

KARFA Apr 1, 2017 6:54 pm

Originally Posted by kt1931 (Post 28117232)
I've called BA and they've told me to submit the paper copies on a form.
I have already done this and they gave me the response above.

So did you call first and then when you got a rejection did you then message the twitter team?

Was the agent on the phone unable to see the AUP?

kt1931 Apr 1, 2017 7:28 pm

Originally Posted by KARFA (Post 28117244)
So did you call first and then when you got a rejection did you then message the twitter team?

Was the agent on the phone unable to see the AUP?

The agent says the AUP is contracted to a 3rd party that promotes and sells AUP's on BA's Behalf and can only see a FREE upgrade.

I did keep the BP and Receipt

Koru Flyer Apr 1, 2017 11:56 pm

I did an AUP last week and it posted correctly at the upgrade levels.

navylad Apr 2, 2017 3:04 am

Oh dear, how annoying OP. I can also understand it can be quite frustrating when a company lames a third party, but hopefully you will get it sorted.

I wouldn't have used the twitter team for missing Avios, there not the best route IMHO, but sounds like your now on the right track having called. I'd send the BP and receipt with an explanation email to the EC.documents email address. You can chase it up by telephone as, depending on other factors such as the level of recent IRROPS, it can take some time to be actioned. If your claim is rejected, I would then likely consider one of the external resolution routes.

Best of luck

a mirrer Apr 2, 2017 3:07 am

Why don't you try to pm BAmissingavios and see if they can help

lotusodc1 Apr 2, 2017 4:48 am

Originally Posted by a mirrer (Post 28118164)
Why don't you try to pm BAmissingavios and see if they can help

^ This! Extremely helpful and got my issues with a previous claim sorted after weeks of back and forth with BA

lcyguy Apr 2, 2017 7:52 am

Originally Posted by kt1931 (Post 28117303)
The agent says the AUP is contracted to a 3rd party that promotes and sells AUP's on BA's Behalf and can only see a FREE upgrade.

I did keep the BP and Receipt

I have had this said to me too when trying to claim missing TPs ex ALG. Unfortunately I had only retained the BP and not the receipt. BA insisted on a copy of my cc statement before posting the correct TPs. Seemed a very clunky way of doing things, and still none the wiser why they didn't have their own records.