FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Can i choose the selling class? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1829187-can-i-choose-selling-class.html)

hewittj1 Mar 13, 2017 10:22 am

Can i choose the selling class?

I'm booking some domestic flights and wonder is there a way i can choose the selling class?

Why? Well K, L, M, N, S, and V class offer more tier points, and i notice when I do get these they are only a few £ more than say the O selling class.

I guess the system starts at the cheapest and then when they are gone move up the selling classes and the price ..... but is there a way to force this?

Thanks

Jon

nux Mar 13, 2017 10:24 am

Yes, by calling BA or a travel agent.

KARFA Mar 13, 2017 10:24 am

Not on ba.com, it will only offer the lowest selling class available. You'll have to phone to book if you want to pick any other available selling class.

hewittj1 Mar 13, 2017 10:28 am

thanks guys

Do we think BA will charge me for not using the web?

Jon

corporate-wage-slave Mar 13, 2017 11:23 am

Originally Posted by hewittj1 (Post 28030798)
Do we think BA will charge me for not using the web?

I get the impression you won't be charged, but there is a silly way around it anyway: buy online and then use the 24 hour cooling off period to change the booking class, which is certainly done free of charge. As ever, it is good to get real experiences here since some of regulars in this forum don't pay service fees anyway.

Cymro Mar 13, 2017 11:29 am

You can also use the BookWithMatrix Chrome extension.

So you would add

BA+ /F BC=N (or whatever) into the advanced options in ITA Matrix, then use the Chrome extension to get a TA (typically Priceline) to price it up. That would save you the service fee, but the flight would not be upgradeable if it features non-BA metal. If there's no availability in N then you don't need to specify the class as it will nearly always be one of the economy low (rather than lowest) classes, but you could add BA + /F BC=N|S ... etc (adding | plus the booking class) until you get to the highest fare bucket you would take.

hewittj1 Mar 13, 2017 1:19 pm

Thanks Cymro

jamespi Aug 13, 2017 10:54 am

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but... Just noticed that I have a booking LHR - YUL return where the outbound is K selling class and the inbound is H. Is it possible to call BA more than 24 hours after the booking and pay the extra to make the K become H, or is it more grief than its worth?

Cymro Aug 13, 2017 10:57 am

Originally Posted by jamespi (Post 28684529)
Sorry to dig up an old thread, but... Just noticed that I have a booking LHR - YUL return where the outbound is K selling class and the inbound is H. Is it possible to call BA more than 24 hours after the booking and pay the extra to make the K become H, or is it more grief than its worth?

MORE than 24h after the booking would trigger a change fee, so avoid.

Within 24 hours, or booking online via a TA and ITA Matrix, would only charge you H both ways.

However, either T or E classes *may* be cheaper in premium economy if available.

jamespi Aug 13, 2017 11:29 am

Thank for the rapid response - sounds like the best approach is to save the cash. WT+ tickets are currently selling for significantly more than WT, so the best investment may be to chance an AUP at check in.