Wiki Posts
Search

Can i choose the selling class?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2017, 10:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Executive Club
Can i choose the selling class?

I'm booking some domestic flights and wonder is there a way i can choose the selling class?

Why? Well K, L, M, N, S, and V class offer more tier points, and i notice when I do get these they are only a few £ more than say the O selling class.

I guess the system starts at the cheapest and then when they are gone move up the selling classes and the price ..... but is there a way to force this?

Thanks

Jon
Old Mar 13, 2017, 10:24 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Yes, by calling BA or a travel agent.
Old Mar 13, 2017, 10:24 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Not on ba.com, it will only offer the lowest selling class available. You'll have to phone to book if you want to pick any other available selling class.
Old Mar 13, 2017, 10:28 am
Original Poster

thanks guys

Do we think BA will charge me for not using the web?

Jon
Old Mar 13, 2017, 11:23 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by hewittj1
Do we think BA will charge me for not using the web?
I get the impression you won't be charged, but there is a silly way around it anyway: buy online and then use the 24 hour cooling off period to change the booking class, which is certainly done free of charge. As ever, it is good to get real experiences here since some of regulars in this forum don't pay service fees anyway.
Old Mar 13, 2017, 11:29 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
You can also use the BookWithMatrix Chrome extension.

So you would add

BA+ /F BC=N (or whatever) into the advanced options in ITA Matrix, then use the Chrome extension to get a TA (typically Priceline) to price it up. That would save you the service fee, but the flight would not be upgradeable if it features non-BA metal. If there's no availability in N then you don't need to specify the class as it will nearly always be one of the economy low (rather than lowest) classes, but you could add BA + /F BC=N|S ... etc (adding | plus the booking class) until you get to the highest fare bucket you would take.
Old Mar 13, 2017, 1:19 pm
Original Poster

Thanks Cymro
Old Aug 13, 2017, 10:54 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Sorry to dig up an old thread, but... Just noticed that I have a booking LHR - YUL return where the outbound is K selling class and the inbound is H. Is it possible to call BA more than 24 hours after the booking and pay the extra to make the K become H, or is it more grief than its worth?
Old Aug 13, 2017, 10:57 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jamespi
Sorry to dig up an old thread, but... Just noticed that I have a booking LHR - YUL return where the outbound is K selling class and the inbound is H. Is it possible to call BA more than 24 hours after the booking and pay the extra to make the K become H, or is it more grief than its worth?
MORE than 24h after the booking would trigger a change fee, so avoid.

Within 24 hours, or booking online via a TA and ITA Matrix, would only charge you H both ways.

However, either T or E classes *may* be cheaper in premium economy if available.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 11:29 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Thank for the rapid response - sounds like the best approach is to save the cash. WT+ tickets are currently selling for significantly more than WT, so the best investment may be to chance an AUP at check in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.