Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2017 edition

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2017 edition

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2017, 2:07 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
What is the meaning of ET? I am arriving on BA in F (award ticket) and connecting to a BA flight in Y class to GVA (Revenue ticket to complete my 4 BA flights requirement to maintain my status)
Euro Traveller. It is what the Y cabin on BA short haul and domestic is called.

Your F reward ticket would not count as an eligible sector, but the BA LHR-GVA flight will do.

PETER01 has already correctly advised you re the CCR access.
Old Aug 7, 2017, 7:35 am

Programs: BAEC
Question here, are you supposed to be able to claim Avios on flights that someone else flew but you booked/paid for..?
Old Aug 7, 2017, 7:37 am

Originally Posted by irish_goat
Question here, are you supposed to be able to claim Avios on flights that someone else flew but you booked/paid for..?
Any avios and TP go the the exec club number of the passenger, not to who paid for it.
Old Aug 7, 2017, 7:42 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
Any avios and TP go the the exec club number of the passenger, not to who paid for it.
That's what I was thinking, however...I booked an EI flight for someone but used my Avios number and got the points. I was also able to retrospectively claim the Avios for another flight paid for by someone else. It was booked for a conference I'm organising so I was able to get the full flight details, PNR etc. Didn't think it would work but I chanced it anyway and they posted the other day.
Old Aug 7, 2017, 7:56 am

That's what I was thinking, however...I booked an EI flight for someone but used my Avios number and got the points. I was also able to retrospectively claim the Avios for another flight paid for by someone else. It was booked for a conference I'm organising so I was able to get the full flight details, PNR etc. Didn't think it would work but I chanced it anyway and they posted the other day.
I could see it possibly working for EI and avios.com credits since the link is so flaky anything could get through.

EDIT: oh and obviously you will be aware it is against the avios and BAEC rules to claim avios/TPs for flights which you know are not due to you, so I think claiming for avios/TPs where you are not a passenger is not really advisable

Last edited by KARFA; Aug 7, 2017 at 8:03 am
Old Aug 7, 2017, 9:28 am

I could see it possibly working for EI and avios.com credits since the link is so flaky anything could get through.

EDIT: oh and obviously you will be aware it is against the avios and BAEC rules to claim avios/TPs for flights which you know are not due to you, so I think claiming for avios/TPs where you are not a passenger is not really advisable
Yeah I wasn't sure if it was allowed or not but figured I would try it the first time and let them reject it.
Old Aug 7, 2017, 9:31 am

Yeah I wasn't sure if it was allowed or not but figured I would try it the first time and let them reject it.
Well, I wouldn't recommend trying to claim for something you know isn't due to you.

If you are the passenger then there is no problem claiming of course regardless of who originally paid.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 12:28 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have made a booking for two people using points -- me (Silver) and one additional (Bronze).

Can I cancel my booking but keep the other one? Do I have to call for this? What will happen to the seat reservation for the one I retain (it let me reserve both seats for free apparently because I am silver)?

Thanks in advance for any help~
Old Aug 8, 2017, 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by RichardInSF
I have made a booking for two people using points -- me (Silver) and one additional (Bronze).

Can I cancel my booking but keep the other one? Do I have to call for this? What will happen to the seat reservation for the one I retain (it let me reserve both seats for free apparently because I am silver)?

Thanks in advance for any help~
You would have to call to split the booking, then cancel the one with you.

For the remaining booking obviously a bronze could pick a seat from 7 days out. Before that I would say leave the seat alone and it my stick, but sometimes it does pick it up and may un-select it.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 1:38 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

You would have to call to split the booking, then cancel the one with you.

For the remaining booking obviously a bronze could pick a seat from 7 days out. Before that I would say leave the seat alone and it my stick, but sometimes it does pick it up and may un-select it.
Thanks, didn't know they'd split bookings. Obviously, the reason to go about it this way is to avoid risking losing the second booking.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 2:46 pm

Programs: BA Gold, several other less interesting cards...
I'm chasing some missing TPs and Avios for a flight on AA. BA issued the ticket.

BA are claiming this needs to be approved by AA. Is this correct? I thought as it was a BA ticker they would take responsibility.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 12:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
It's correct.

The only time the ticket stock might come into play is when requesting ORC.
Old Aug 15, 2017, 12:27 am

Programs: BA Gold, several other less interesting cards...
Thank you!
Old Aug 18, 2017, 6:00 pm

Programs: QF, BA
My companion and I will be travelling in short haul Y with one BA Gold between us. We're on separate bookings but will request TCP so we're seated together.

Are we able to use priority boarding together in this scenario?
Old Aug 18, 2017, 11:24 pm

Originally Posted by joequimby
My companion and I will be travelling in short haul Y with one BA Gold between us. We're on separate bookings but will request TCP so we're seated together.

Are we able to use priority boarding together in this scenario?
Strictly speaking you can't guest a person to priority boarding. However if there is just one person generally the gate agents will allow it - although in some places (notably GVA) they are strict and will say no.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.