Membership Year End Question & TP

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2018, 3:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: British Airways
Membership Year End Question & TP

Hi All,

Long Time Reader - First Time Posting

After reading this form for the last few years I have been able to get my Gold Membership with BA this year. My membership year ends on the 8th of September. I have booked a Jersey - Portland run starting on the 8th and my question is will the flights that I take on the 8th credit to my new account (Fingers Crossed) or will it still be my current year? I assume the rest of the route that I take after the 8th for example I do JFK-LAX on the 9th will credit to my new year?

Best,
Joe
Old Aug 19, 2018, 3:47 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Flights on 8th will count towards current year. Flights on 9th will contribute to new year.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 4:03 am

Originally Posted by madfish
Flights on 8th will count towards current year. Flights on 9th will contribute to new year.

Indeed.

OP, if you booked with BA within the last 24h you might want to consider cancelling and rebooking, since it seems the purpose of the trip is a TP run and you will miss out on at least 180 TPs for JER-LON-NYC on the 8th.

Other than changing the flights, there is no way to get the TPs on the 8th to count towards your next year's tally.

Also welcome to Flyertalk!
Old Aug 19, 2018, 4:11 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
But, given the typical 14 day grace period, it really doesn’t matter.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 4:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Originally Posted by LondonElite
But, given the typical 14 day grace period, it really doesn’t matter.
?? OP doesn’t need the grace period as he’s already gold. They would like the TP from a flight on the 8th to apply to the new year which ain’t going to happen
Old Aug 19, 2018, 4:43 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by UKtravelbear

?? OP doesn’t need the grace period as he’s already gold. They would like the TP from a flight on the 8th to apply to the new year which ain’t going to happen
Sorry, misread.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.