Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Exclusive offer for Flyertalk members – try BA’s new Airportr + Bag Check-In service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Exclusive offer for Flyertalk members – try BA’s new Airportr + Bag Check-In service

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2018, 2:37 pm
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Does anyone know if AirPortr have a discount code available at present?

M
Old Sep 26, 2018, 2:41 pm

Programs: BA Gold, ELAL Top Platinum
I don't know if they have one at the moment, but I would highly reccomend there services. It's a great service and would pay it even without any discount.
msm2000uk likes this.
Old Sep 26, 2018, 2:43 pm

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by tedcruz
I don't know if they have one at the moment, but I would highly reccomend there services. It's a great service and would pay it even without any discount.
Just trying to work out whether to use them, or use a normal porter at LHR (for £20).

M
Old Sep 26, 2018, 2:48 pm

Programs: BA Gold, ELAL Top Platinum
Originally Posted by msm2000uk
Just trying to work out whether to use them, or use a normal porter at LHR (for £20).

M
When I used them last, I was travelling to AGP. I had 5 suitcases with a max weight allowance of 32KG each. With the flight at 6.25am and me getting to LGW by Thameslink, it was worth having airportr collect the suitcases 12 hours before the flight and not having to schlep the bags on the train and then on trolleys etc.
Old Sep 26, 2018, 3:37 pm

Programs: Honors Diamond

M
Depending on how many bags you have it is worth the premium for me if you need a porter anyway.
Old Sep 26, 2018, 5:08 pm

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
Does anyone know if AirPortr have a discount code available at present?

M
let me DM you a referral code
msm2000uk likes this.
Old Sep 27, 2018, 12:21 am

Originally Posted by tedcruz
When I used them last, I was travelling to AGP. I had 5 suitcases with a max weight allowance of 32KG each. With the flight at 6.25am and me getting to LGW by Thameslink, it was worth having airportr collect the suitcases 12 hours before the flight and not having to schlep the bags on the train and then on trolleys etc.
My flight is similarly early, and with an infant, it just means one less thing to worry about!

Originally Posted by lcylocal
Depending on how many bags you have it is worth the premium for me if you need a porter anyway.
I havent used a Sky-Cap (are they still called that?) for years, but their inability to meet me in the car-park has been their downfall.

I've booked the AirPortr service now, so hopefully all stress-free and easy!

M

Last edited by msm2000uk; Sep 27, 2018 at 1:56 am
Old Sep 27, 2018, 1:14 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
One of the major shortcomings, which I guess originates from BA's system, is that they cannot pick up before 24 hours because you can't OLCI before 24 hours and their system doesn't allow you to pick a time slot more than 24 hours before for a BA flight.

I have a horrible itinerary coming up which would have been ideal for their service (I go back and forth between LHR, with some legs involving separate tickets, terminal transfers etc. and some different airlines, for which I'd rather not lug my bags for all the legs) but because of the 24-hour thing and the increased risk of misconnect.

The flight for which I want to use their service is a genuine connecting flight on a single ticket but flight A lands at T3 and flight B leaves from T5, so if I have to pick up my bag from them at T5, so it means I have to go landside if I am to talk them into doing "pick up and delivery only" option rather than check-in option.

Actually, come to think of it, they really should tie up with Excess Baggage Company for pick-up and drop-off...

Last edited by LTN Phobia; Sep 27, 2018 at 4:25 am
Old Sep 27, 2018, 2:55 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
One major shortcomings, which I guess originates from BA's system, is that they cannot pick up before 24 hours because you can't OLCI before 24 hours and their system doesn't allow you to pick a time slot more than 24 hours before for a BA flight.
We found ourselves in the same situation for a trip early in September. My OH wanted to use their service to avoid having to carry the suitcase to work, but because of the 24h limit, it was impossible to arrange.

In the past they use to offer a collection service without checking in the suitcases, which involved collecting your own suitcase and check it in yourself, but it doesn't seem that service is offered anymore.
Old Sep 27, 2018, 6:33 am

The fact that they need to meet the actual people travelling, is going to be entertaining...as my little one will be fast asleep when the courrier comes to collect the bags!

I'm hoping they can just put the bags all under my name, as I think I can fly with 3 bags in CE+Gold.

M
Old Sep 27, 2018, 7:44 am

Programs: BA GGL, Marriott, IHG, Sirius, Dusit, Thai, Virgin, Hyatt, BAA, AS, AA(both)
The fact that they need to meet the actual people travelling, is going to be entertaining...as my little one will be fast asleep when the courrier comes to collect the bags!

I'm hoping they can just put the bags all under my name, as I think I can fly with 3 bags in CE+Gold.

M
They can, just show them your boarding pass

Have done the same using the Gold / F allowance
Old Sep 27, 2018, 8:12 am

Originally Posted by E14 26C
They can, just show them your boarding pass

Have done the same using the Gold / F allowance
Brilliant! Thanks!

M
Old Nov 13, 2018, 8:42 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Accor Plat, Marriot Gold, Hilton Gold, BA Gold, HSBC Premier
Hello.. I am really sorry if this is against the flyertalk's rule. But I am just about going to book mine for first time then realised that they do refer friend scheme (I get 20 quids off you get 25% off). Anyone interested? if so PM me?
abersoch3254 likes this.
Old Feb 26, 2020, 12:58 pm

Are there any Airportr codes around?

I haven't needed to use the service for about 5 months, but am a returning customer AirPortr

M
Old Feb 26, 2020, 1:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
This may not help you but could help others but there is 15% discount flash on the website at the moment if you are a new customer and sign up to their mailing list.

(I really wish they would extend their range to Brighton because I really would use them! Their map also needs to be more clearly defined but that's a different issue)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.