Community
Wiki Posts
Search

My Golden Ticket goes to Alex Cruz

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2016, 11:21 am

Programs: BA, TK, HHonours, Le Club, Best Western Rewards
Perhaps we should have the Flyer Talk British Airways Executive Club Forum Awards Ceremony (timed nicely to coincide with one of the get together).

Modeled on the Golden Raspberrys

Categories could include
  • The Biggles award for Worst landing of the year
  • Most idiotic customer service reply
  • The Ratner award for most brand damaging decision of the year (Cruz a shoe in for this one I feel)
  • The Al Baker staff dignity & human rights award
  • Most imaginative excuse of the year for not paying out EU261
Old Oct 14, 2016, 12:20 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Worcester
Perhaps we should have the Flyer Talk British Airways Executive Club Forum Awards Ceremony (timed nicely to coincide with one of the get together).

Modeled on the Golden Raspberrys

Categories could include
  • The Biggles award for Worst landing of the year
  • Most idiotic customer service reply
  • The Ratner award for most brand damaging decision of the year (Cruz a shoe in for this one I feel)
  • The Al Baker staff dignity & human rights award
  • Most imaginative excuse of the year for not paying out EU261
How about the Trappist award for the longest period with no reply from CS (auto email replies do not count)?
Old Oct 14, 2016, 12:24 pm

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
Originally Posted by csutter
Uhm, there has been a credit card fee for online bookings on BA for a very long time...?
UK mostly/only? I can't remember a CC fee when booking from Belgium...
Old Oct 14, 2016, 4:30 pm

Programs: Don't even mention it. Grrrrrrr.
Good luck. I did mine a few weeks ago. It's now a LCC on SH. Get used to it I say.
Old Oct 14, 2016, 4:50 pm

Programs: BA Silver; VS Gold; HHonors Diamond; Amex Centurion; IHG Platinum; Club Accor Platinum; TfL Oyster.
Originally Posted by Lioneye
A golden shower may be more appropriate.
He has been extracting it; so he may as well soak in it.
Old Oct 14, 2016, 5:39 pm

Programs: BAEC
Thank you OP, I hope many others with 'Golden Tickets' follow you.

I genuinely can not believe that at I.A.G. Board level why Mr. Walsh and Mr. Cruz are agreeing the continuing down grading of British Airways when it is the prime brand with in the amalgamation of BA IB EI and Vueling.

Each Airline in the group brings a twist to the party and needs to be treated independently with regards to their image and market whilst using combined group buying power to reduce costs and protect profits.

I am sorry but in my regards Mr Cruz should resign from British Airways, wrong fit/wrong company.

Note to Mr. Cruz

Mr. Cruz, with regard to the above comments, I implore you to seek employment with FastJet Africa, as a shareholder of both companies I strongly believe that your industry talents are being wasted at British Airways and are taking it down a path that will be detrimental to the future growth of I.A.G.
However FastJet needs someone with your talents to supervise the overspend of it's U.K. based operations and find growth routes.

Maybe I.A.G. should bid for FastJet, it wouldn't be expensive and they already have the perfect Manager on the payroll.

Rant over.
Old Oct 14, 2016, 8:10 pm

Is Cruz the Smisek of BA?
Old Oct 14, 2016, 11:35 pm

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist
Originally Posted by worldtrav
Is Cruz the Smisek of BA?
I'd say he's its Doug Parker.
Old Oct 21, 2016, 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by passy777
Mine was submitted a couple of weeks ago.
Update:

I received this message today - I have not emailed BA and the only contact I have made with them is the accompanying comments when I submitted/awarded my golden ticket to Mr Cruz.

Dear Mr Passy777

Thanks for your email on 01 October. Please accept my apologies for the delayed response.

It's disappointing to learn you're looking to travel with other carriers as you feel our service is no longer meeting the standards you've come to expect. It’s only through your comments we’re able to focus on areas where we need to improve.

Our managers meet with each other regularly so they can analyse reports on the problems that our customers tell us about. We’re really grateful to have your feedback and I hope you’ll see our service at its best next time you travel with us.

Thanks again for taking the time to let us know your thoughts. We appreciate your support as a Gold member of our Executive Club. I hope you enjoy your flight with us to London Heathrow on 24 November. Please feel free to contact me directly if I can help you with anything else.

Best regards

British Airways Customer Relations

Old Oct 21, 2016, 3:59 pm

Programs: BA GCH
Thumbs down

I sent my Golden Ticket to Mr Cruz before this thread was posted.
I too today received a reply.

I've moved most of my Euro flights to EasyJet, unless redemption flights.

'Dear Roarss

Thanks for submitting your Golden Ticket and sharing your comments to our Chairman and CEO, Alex Cruz. I apologise for the delay in replying. Alex wanted me to reply to you on his behalf.

When you got in touch on 29 September, I believe this was in response to the changes we announced that day about our catering offering on short-haul routes. Understandably, we've had both positive and negative comments about this. I can appreciate your frustration and remarks that this is the final nail in the coffin for our airline. However, please let me explain our position.

As you’re aware, we’re partnering with another great British brand, Marks & Spencer, to offer customers the option to purchase great food on board from 11 January 2017. The new catering offering will be available in our Euro Traveller cabin, as well as on UK domestic flights to and from Heathrow and Gatwick, and will replace the current complimentary service. The catering offering in our Club Europe cabin will remain unchanged.

The move comes following extensive customer research and feedback, which highlighted dissatisfaction around our current short-haul catering offering. It found customers want meals that reflect what they would normally choose on the go.

The food and drink options available on board will be fairly priced and will be comparable in price to airport outlets, where we know many of our customers already purchase items on the way to their flight. We won’t be charging inflated prices like no-frills carriers such as Ryanair and easyJet.

Although I appreciate you've said this marks the departure of your loyal custom [I pointed out I would no longer prioritise BA for Euro travel since there's little difference & more delays of late], we’re still grateful you've taken the time to give us your feedback. Alex is still keen to hear from all of our customers, so he can focus on what needs to be reviewed.

Thanks again for getting in touch. We appreciate your valuable insight as a Gold member of our Executive Club. I hope you enjoy your flight with us to Manchester on 11 November. If we can help you with anything else please feel free to contact us.

Best regards

British Airways Customer Relations Executive
Old Oct 21, 2016, 4:49 pm

Programs: BAEC (Gold), PC (Plat), HH (Gold), MR (Gold)
I wish I had a golden ticket for every embarrassed cabin crew member who I saw trying to explain the fun-size mars bar. I really feel for them.
Old Oct 21, 2016, 5:43 pm

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Gold/HH Diamond/IC Plat Amba
Originally Posted by roarss

Thanks again for getting in touch. We appreciate your valuable insight as a Gold member of our Executive Club. I hope you enjoy your flight with us to Manchester on 11 November. If we can help you with anything else please feel free to contact us.

Best regards

British Airways Customer Relations Executive
Is that a veiled threat?
Old Oct 21, 2016, 6:04 pm

Programs: BA Gold
The move comes following extensive customer research and feedback, which highlighted dissatisfaction around our current short-haul catering offering. It found customers want meals that reflect what they would normally choose on the go.

The point is This would all be fine if the M&S BOB offering were in addition to current meal service. I.e. To top up if you are hungry
Old Oct 22, 2016, 1:03 am

Originally Posted by Lioneye
A golden shower may be more appropriate.

On flight earlier this year had outstanding crew and awarded a Golden Ticket on the spot, with the comment that I wish I had more tickets to give them a Golden Shower because of the amazing service.

It wen't down well (not literally).
Old Oct 22, 2016, 6:15 am

Programs: BA GCH
Originally Posted by roarss
Alex is still keen to hear from all of our customers, so he can focus on what needs to be reviewed.
I may be reading between the lines, but I took this line to mean that Alex wishes to only make choices from 'All our customers' (i.e. those blind surveyed into providing the answers they set out to find) rather than listen to regular customers who are more subjective & care.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.