FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Bad news for TP runs using AA [domestic F sells as J. Reduced TPs - confirmed] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1792861-bad-news-tp-runs-using-aa-domestic-f-sells-j-reduced-tps-confirmed.html)

aysoo Feb 22, 2017 8:12 am

-----

mkcol Mar 15, 2017 9:34 am

Originally Posted by dylanks (Post 27430509)
Confirmed, unfortunately. See screenshot (I added the bolding effect):

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/attac...1&d=1478172169

So given the changes which happened quite some time ago - is there knowledge of anyone who booked before the changes, travelled after them still getting the original TPs?

Just holding on for some sort hope when I head off to PTY a fortnight today :D

orbitmic Mar 15, 2017 9:44 am

Originally Posted by mkcol (Post 28040507)
So given the changes which happened quite some time ago - is there knowledge of anyone who booked before the changes, travelled after them still getting the original TPs?

Just holding on for some sort hope when I head off to PTY a fortnight today :D

no i had multiple flights booked before announcement and flown after and all got reduced TPS and avios

mkcol Mar 15, 2017 9:53 am

Drat!
I'll really have to re-do my sums in case I need to squeeze in a TLL or two. I'm strongly suspecting there's no way to appeal to BA to raise a claim for what we thought we would be earning, given that it was in essence a glitch of the system.

KARFA Mar 15, 2017 9:53 am

Has anyone raised it with BA and asked for higher TPs though?

JonNYC Mar 15, 2017 10:01 am

Originally Posted by KARFA (Post 28040607)

I know a a good handful of people that have, none have succeeded of the ones who've followed up with me (which is not all of them.)

msm2000uk Mar 15, 2017 10:19 am

Originally Posted by KARFA (Post 28040607)

I tried, and was and nothing could be done.

M

KARFA Mar 15, 2017 10:43 am

Originally Posted by JonNYC (Post 28040649)
I know a a good handful of people that have, none have succeeded of the ones who've followed up with me (which is not all of them.)

Originally Posted by msm2000uk (Post 28040723)
I tried, and was and nothing could be done.

M

Thanks for the update.

mkcol Mar 15, 2017 10:49 am

Ah well - thanks for the replies. I'll let it go then.

madfish Apr 18, 2017 11:52 pm

Jusf received a myflights notification. My domestic AA flights this summer have changed fare code again. Originally booked in A (domestic first) they were then changed to D (business) as expected. However, they have now changed again to I (still business). I know this should make no difference to TPs and avios earned but not sure exactly why the change has happened. Anybody else had a change of fare code? (Could be related to a request to change flights but this has not happened yet so not sure if the two are connected.)

florens Apr 19, 2017 12:34 am

Originally Posted by madfish (Post 28198847)
Jusf received a myflights notification. My domestic AA flights this summer have changed fare code again. Originally booked in A (domestic first) they were then changed to D (business) as expected. However, they have now changed again to I (still business). I know this should make no difference to TPs and avios earned but not sure exactly why the change has happened. Anybody else had a change of fare code? (Could be related to a request to change flights but this has not happened yet so not sure if the two are connected.)

How did you manage to add an AA booking to myflightsapp?

rossmacd Apr 19, 2017 12:37 am

Originally Posted by florens (Post 28198947)
How did you manage to add an AA booking to myflightsapp?

If you have a BA/AY/IB sector in your itinerary, you can add the relevant PNR on MyFlights and it tracks updates to this PNR, not the AA Sabre one.

florens Apr 19, 2017 12:41 am

Originally Posted by rossmacd (Post 28198956)
If you have a BA/AY/IB sector in your itinerary, you can add the relevant PNR on MyFlights and it tracks updates to this PNR, not the AA Sabre one.

Ah, I see. I have an all-AA itinerary..

mkcol Apr 19, 2017 4:11 am

Originally Posted by madfish (Post 28198847)

Yes on my PTY run a few weeks ago some of mine had changed to I, some hadn't. Not really sure why either but certainly didn't affect the earning.

xenole Apr 19, 2017 6:21 am

I was quite shocked last night ending up with a 2 class A321S from LAX-MIA. Actual food offered, menus, an amenity kit I discovered I had been sitting on after landing and IFE screens.
Saw A321 on the app and just assumed ex-US Airways with no power, entertainment etc. so a nicer 140TP there. Still couldn't really get that comfortable.

AA seem have put most of my flights at the E gates including E33 that couldn't be further away from anything ;)