Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Transfer at LHR Between Terminal 3- Terminal 5

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Transfer at LHR Between Terminal 3- Terminal 5

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2019, 3:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by gregorio1
Arriving DEN-LHR 11:35 to T3. Premium economy -- not first off the plane but not last, either.

I would love to take the 12:55 LHR-TXL but it is departing T5. I seem to recall that I did this once before, but 1:20 seems pretty short. If I can't make this flight I have to wait another 3 hours. Ugh. I have Priority Pass lounge access, but when you want to get home, you want to get home -- not sit in a crowded lounge. By contrast, if your plane is even 10 minutes after schedule (ie not even considered late) and Disembarkation is on the slow side and just missed a bit, you will likely miss conformance.

Separate BA-issued tix. Hand baggage only. I can move pretty fast.

Can I make it using airside bus?

Thanks.
only book this if you are happy with a very high chance to lose your ticket and have to buy a new one. Even on a single booking, mct would be 1h30 and remember that at t5 on a new ticket you have conformance.

in short it’s nuts to book it though you might make it if first plane is early and the stars align.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 5:30 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by orbitmic

only book this if you are happy with a very high chance to lose your ticket and have to buy a new one. Even on a single booking, mct would be 1h30 and remember that at t5 on a new ticket you have conformance.

in short it’s nuts to book it though you might make it if first plane is early and the stars align.
agreed. If on a single booking I would go for it and know i would get rebooked if I missed it. But on separate booking it’s seems a poor choice. I guess if you have plenty of avios and don’t mind wasting a few you could book a reward seat on both and see what happens.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 5:46 am

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by KARFA
If on a single booking I would go for it.
Well, you'd want it (as would I) but we would not even be allowed to book it! MCT is still 90 minutes when a transfer between two terminals is involved and the OP only has 80.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 8:21 am

Well, you'd want it (as would I) but we would not even be allowed to book it! MCT is still 90 minutes when a transfer between two terminals is involved and the OP only has 80.
oops, when i looked at it earlier i thought it was over 90 mins.
orbitmic likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 7:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Hi all, I went through flight connections from T3 to T5. I follow the purple signs. I know where it is. I don't have need any help. I did all yourselves. I just arrived in LHR on last Monday morning. I took on AA and then BA.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 7:57 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by N830MH
Hi all, I went through flight connections from T3 to T5. I follow the purple signs.
A lot of people get quite stressed by this transfer but as you have shown it is usually fairly easy. I guess others can be reassured by your experiences, so thank you.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 8:07 am

Hi all,

I have a MAN-LHR(T5)- LHR (T3)-HEL TP run in a few weeks and was wondering what the current bus situation is for T3-T5 transfers?

The reason I ask is last weekend I had to transfer from T4 to T5 and had to go via T2, it looked like they were using T2 as a bus hub, a bit of a nightmare and over an hour from debarking at T4 and arriving at FT Security at T5. Did those of you that did the T3<>T5 recently have to do T5<>T2<>T3?

thanks
​​​​​​​
Old Mar 8, 2019, 8:28 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Early and late the bus may stop at T2 briefly but you wouldn't normally get off, and 99% of times it is just a direct service. I think they were repairing a tunnel last weekend, usually T4 would also be direct.
dp1586 likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 8:48 am

Tunnel was used when I transferred this week. Concur with cws that 99% of T3-T5 transfers are direct (though normally stop at T5B to pick up pax before continuing to T3).
dp1586 and KARFA like this.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 9:34 am

Originally Posted by dp1586
Hi all,

I have a MAN-LHR(T5)- LHR (T3)-HEL TP run in a few weeks and was wondering what the current bus situation is for T3-T5 transfers?

The reason I ask is last weekend I had to transfer from T4 to T5 and had to go via T2, it looked like they were using T2 as a bus hub, a bit of a nightmare and over an hour from debarking at T4 and arriving at FT Security at T5. Did those of you that did the T3<>T5 recently have to do T5<>T2<>T3?

thanks
See my post I did just earlier today in the connections guide thread regarding the t4 situation. However if you are connecting between T2/3/5 you are not affected and direct buses are still running between each terminal. So if going to T5 to t3 just head for flight connections as usual and catch the t3 bus.
dp1586 likes this.

Last edited by KARFA; Mar 8, 2019 at 10:24 am
Old Mar 8, 2019, 9:36 am

Tunnel was used when I transferred this week. Concur with cws that 99% of T3-T5 transfers are direct (though normally stop at T5B to pick up pax before continuing to T3).
It’s the cargo tunnel closure which is causing issues between CTA and t4/cargo. The CTA-T5 tunnel has been open as normal.
orbitmic and SirToby like this.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 10:23 am

Originally Posted by KARFA

It’s the cargo tunnel closure which is causing issues between CTA and t4/cargo. The CTA-T5 tunnel has been open as normal.
Ah ok, thanks! ^
Old Mar 8, 2019, 10:54 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
A lot of people get quite stressed by this transfer but as you have shown it is usually fairly easy. I guess others can be reassured by your experiences, so thank you.
Would it be quicker for me as a BA gold to exit T3 immigration and take Heathrow Express to T5 and use First Wing at T5 again to check in?
Old Mar 8, 2019, 11:31 am

Originally Posted by TravelManBiz

Would it be quicker for me as a BA gold to exit T3 immigration and take Heathrow Express to T5 and use First Wing at T5 again to check in?
between T5 and T3 the airside bus is usually quicker. Once at T5 you can choose to go through immigration and then up to TFW to go through security - that would be my usual route.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 1:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Also, I realized the same bus driver who remember me before. She know me before. I was on the flight by last 2 years ago. When I got off the plane and walk down the airstairs. They took us to T5 to drop it off at the doors. I walk escalators up the flight connections and then back down to catch T3 shuttle bus.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.