Community
Wiki Posts
Search

First to Miami. Can I use Concorde Lounge?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2018, 3:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
First to Miami. Can I use Concorde Lounge?

Hi
Shortly flying to Miami from T3 in first. Last month flew to Vancouver in first, again from T3. Lounges in T3 were OK, but I actually love the Concorde lounge in T5.
Is there any practical way I can check in at T3 and still use the Concorde lounge?
Probably a daft question....but, hey if you don't ask!!

Thanks
Old Aug 6, 2018, 3:04 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
To save you time, the answer is No, use Cathay first lounge which is almost as good as the CCR
Old Aug 6, 2018, 3:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No not at all. Only if you were starting your journey somewhere else and doing a back to back, however straight exLHR you’ll “have to do” with the far superior lounge offerings in T3
Keystone likes this.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 3:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
The CX First Class lounge is superior to the CCR.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 4:11 pm

Programs: BA Gold; IHG Plat
FWIW, the QF Lounge is also a pretty good option. Not as good as CX First, but the coffee is far better at very least.
BOStonTravels likes this.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 6:20 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by TOTH2015
Hi
Shortly flying to Miami from T3 in first. Last month flew to Vancouver in first, again from T3. Lounges in T3 were OK, but I actually love the Concorde lounge in T5.
Is there any practical way I can check in at T3 and still use the Concorde lounge?
Probably a daft question....but, hey if you don't ask!!

Thanks
More specific information in this thread and in this post:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/show...3&postcount=21
Old Aug 6, 2018, 9:36 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
With T3 offering a better range of lounge options than almost any single terminal throughout the OW global network (save HKG), I’d be thanking your lucky stars that your upcoming departure is from there
Old Aug 7, 2018, 12:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Genius1
The CX First Class lounge is superior to the CCR.
There are a variety of views regarding the different Oneworld lounges at T3 and you can't really say that any of them are superior across-the-board. Some have better food, some better champagne, some quieter at certain times of the day, etc.
Old Aug 7, 2018, 12:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Since CCR isn't an option, my advice to OP is to arrive early, and check all the T3 lounges out, to decide what lounge actually (to personal taste) has the best food, champagne, coffee etc.
Old Aug 7, 2018, 1:16 am

Sounds like a good plan. Out of interest, does BA pay a fee to QF, CX, AA etc when BA passengers use their lounges in T3? (and vice versa) It would be interesting to see how they reconcile this, or if it is just written off as part of OW membership.
And does anyone know if BA have any plans to build a CCR in T3? (I think I read on here they were going to build an F Wing in T3)
Old Aug 7, 2018, 1:25 am

Yes there is a charge for partner lounge use which probably balances out with CX, QF and AA passengers using the BA lounges. There doesn't seem to be much point in building a CCR in T3 as those that know will go to the CX F Lounge and those that don't will just stick with BA F and grumble a bit.

All things T3 and OW lounge related have been discussed here: Best T3 OneWorld Lounge
Old Aug 7, 2018, 1:30 am

Originally Posted by Steve_ZA
Yes there is a charge for partner lounge use which probably balances out with CX, QF and AA passengers using the BA lounges. There doesn't seem to be much point in building a CCR in T3 as those that know will go to the CX F Lounge and those that don't will just stick with BA F and grumble a bit.

All things T3 and OW lounge related have been discussed here: Best T3 OneWorld Lounge
Thanks Steve_ZA

If the BA lounges are inferior as you suggest though, then I can't see how the charges would cancel out. Maybe that's an incentive for BA to up their game.
Old Aug 7, 2018, 1:50 am

Originally Posted by Flexible preferences
Thanks Steve_ZA

If the BA lounges are inferior as you suggest though, then I can't see how the charges would cancel out. Maybe that's an incentive for BA to up their game.
Its the lounges at T5 particularly but also elsewhere in the network that I think would balance out. No idea if this actually works out evenly but for T3 at least the alternative provisions seem to keep BA's customers happy enough so as to remove the drive to make improvements.
Old Aug 7, 2018, 1:55 am

Originally Posted by Flexible preferences
Thanks Steve_ZA

Probably linked to the majority of passengers being unaware that they are entitled to use other (better) lounges in T3, and automatically head to the lounge that has the same logo as the airline they are flying. Hence, most BA passengers going to the BA lounges.

All in all, that is why we should not be promoting the excellent LHR T3 CX F lounge on here
wanderingjock likes this.
Old Aug 7, 2018, 1:59 am

Originally Posted by rossmacd
Probably linked to the majority of passengers being unaware that they are entitled to use other (better) lounges in T3, and automatically head to the lounge that has the same logo as the airline they are flying. Hence, most BA passengers going to the BA lounges.

All in all, that is why we should not be promoting the excellent LHR T3 CX F lounge on here
Indeed, should anyone on here hold a grudge against BA, they can punish them by doing a lounge crawl through T3 and get off on imagining the charges to BA stacking up!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.