Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LAX - TBIT airside connector now open

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2016, 8:41 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
..assuming that your bags are checked through. You might also need to go landside to resolve any (especially nonAA) issues with your ticket and reservation, so let's add the qualification of assuming that you have your onward boarding pass.
I'm planning to check through from HNL>LAX>LHR and either get the boarding passes online or at HNL. I'll be flying AA.

Under which circumstances would I have to go landside?
Old Mar 10, 2016, 8:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by ringingup
Fantastic! Thank you! So I'm assuming any passport/visa checks will be done directly in HNL.
There will be a passport check when you check in at HNL. As you board the plane at LAX you will have to show your passport again. But that will be it.

I'm planning to check through from HNL>LAX>LHR and either get the boarding passes online or at HNL. I'll be flying AA.

Under which circumstances would I have to go landside?
In your case you wouldn't.
Old Mar 10, 2016, 9:04 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Thank you all for your replies. I'm very excited to try the OW lounge! So many exciting things to look forward to for our holiday in Hawaii!
Old Mar 10, 2016, 8:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold but PlatPro thanks to LPs
Originally Posted by frb98mf
Start weeping, Queenie - my upgrade cleared this afternoon!

I'm really glad you got upgraded.

"More Magnanimous Than Thou"
Old Mar 11, 2016, 11:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Fantastic! Thank you! So I'm assuming any passport/visa checks will be done directly in HNL.
Slightly OT, but one peculiarity of departing HNL is that your hold bags are screened by Agriculture as soon as you enter Departures. It only takes a moment or two, and they attach a yellow label to the handles to prove it.
I assume it's to prevent pineapple smuggling?
Old Mar 11, 2016, 12:33 pm

Programs: BA , Hilton Honors Gold, SPG Gold, LQ Elite
Originally Posted by T8191
Slightly OT, but one peculiarity of departing HNL is that your hold bags are screened by Agriculture as soon as you enter Departures. It only takes a moment or two, and they attach a yellow label to the handles to prove it.
I assume it's to prevent pineapple smuggling?
Same for SJU. It was a green sticker, or used to be. I'm not sure if it's to prevent you from taking something away or bringing something into the mainland?

When you drive into CA they check trucks as well.
Old Mar 11, 2016, 1:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold but PlatPro thanks to LPs
Originally Posted by Man_Utd_Fan

When you drive into CA they check trucks as well.
They check everyone. Trucks, autos, whatever.
Old Mar 12, 2016, 2:49 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL
Hey all - just to report back that there was zero problems for me getting into this lounge on a AA LAX-SFO ticket today.

Since I was flying First, it confused the front desk slightly claiming that AA didn't pay for first users to use this lounge, but as soon as I mentioned that I was a BA Gold Card holder there was no issues. I had to show my digital card and give them the number (presumably to ensure BA were billed correctly)
Old Mar 12, 2016, 4:10 pm

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
Grrr - my next two LAX transits are (scheduled) 50 mins and 52 mins. Even with only a 5 minute walk I doubt I'll be able to rekindle my love affair with the QF lounge. Ah well, I foresee a chance with a week or so in Hawaii in November or December as I attempt to use what will be a ridiculously large number of untaken vacation days and give myself a shot at retaining GGL now that my work travel has plummeted...
Old Mar 27, 2016, 10:42 am

Programs: BA Silver
I am here this morning. From the AA lounge at gate 43? To the Qantas first lounge took less than 4 minutes.
Just a note about access rules here. I first went to the OW lounge and checked in, asked if I was able to access the QF lounge and told no, as I was on a domestic first ticket even though I have a Gold card.
That didn't sound right so I ventured over. Bingo, as long as I am on any F ticket and hold BA Gold card I was invited in. The exception is no AAEmerald is allowed in unless on an international F.

BTW the wifi is blistering fast here. I did a speed test and it went off the scale at 90mbs and upload peaked at 85. Ping was 4!!

Last edited by moneypooraviosrich; Mar 27, 2016 at 10:56 am
Old Mar 27, 2016, 11:37 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by moneypooraviosrich
I am here this morning. From the AA lounge at gate 43? To the Qantas first lounge took less than 4 minutes.
Just a note about access rules here. I first went to the OW lounge and checked in, asked if I was able to access the QF lounge and told no, as I was on a domestic first ticket even though I have a Gold card.
That didn't sound right so I ventured over. Bingo, as long as I am on any F ticket and hold BA Gold card I was invited in. The exception is no AAEmerald is allowed in unless on an international F.

BTW the wifi is blistering fast here. I did a speed test and it went off the scale at 90mbs and upload peaked at 85. Ping was 4!!
I was there yesterday morning, first person in that day in fact. They did not want to let me in as the gentleman misread BA for AA. He realised after I challenged him saying ' I thought all emeralds apart fromAA should have access'. He looked at the boarding pass again and said BA Gold, that makes all the difference!
Old Mar 27, 2016, 11:50 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
It appears the Angels at the Qantas First lounge are making up the rules as they go along. Last week they denied entry to an eligible guest of a passenger who was in line ahead of me because the would-be guest was not on the same flight as the GCH.
Old Mar 27, 2016, 3:09 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
Originally Posted by moneypooraviosrich

4 min from T4 AA to QF lounge? I got 2 hours there tomorrow but wasn't going to bother. Sounds like maybe I should?
Old Mar 27, 2016, 3:11 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by chris1979
4 min from T4 AA to QF lounge? I got 2 hours there tomorrow but wasn't going to bother. Sounds like maybe I should?
It is really that close, I will definitely go to TBIT as the food is much nicer and you have the cocktail bar. Worth the short walk in my view.
Old Mar 27, 2016, 3:21 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by chris1979
It really is a very convenient walk. Allow yourself 10 minutes to get to the T4 gate and make it leisurely.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.