Search

Trouble Upgrading Using Avios... HELP!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2016, 4:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold
Trouble Upgrading Using Avios... HELP!

Hey folks,

I've been having a nightmare this morning with BA and I wondered if you could help. I have a travel agent booking (through work) from LHR to OGG, with the flights to LAX with BA and then the other segment to OGG with AA. Same on the way back. I want to upgrade the return segment (LAX-LHR) with avios from WTP to CW.

This morning, I've been told that I basically can't do it because the booking contains flights with different carriers. I've tried several people and even though one person managed to upgrade, she phoned me right back and said no.

What are the rules on this?

G
Old Feb 6, 2016, 4:33 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Sadly, you have been correctly advised.

While there is little you can do in your situation, a direct booking would have been upgradeable.
Old Feb 6, 2016, 4:40 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Unfortunately TA bookings with AA flights in the ticket can't be UuA.
Old Feb 6, 2016, 4:52 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
If you look in this post under the UuA section there is a guide and unfortunately a TA booing with non-BA flights can't be UuA'ed.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/26033718-post2.html
Old Feb 6, 2016, 5:35 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
It's one of these funny quirks that really no one can realistically be expected to know. FT is one of the few places where this sort of knowledge is bread and butter to many, which is why this forum is so useful. Now you know!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.