FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   LHR T5 Parking (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1733454-lhr-t5-parking.html)

tinkicker Sep 14, 2017 6:40 am

As an alternative, for longer trips have you priced a taxi? By the time you've figured paying relatively large sums for parking, the wear and tear and fuel costs on your car and potentially driving while tired it can be reasonable value even when the up-front cost seems high.

Waggy Sep 14, 2017 7:16 am

I've always bookd meet and greeet at Heathrow through APH https://www.aph.com/. If you sign up you get discount codes. Most rates usually cancellable with 24 hours of parking and if you book in advance for me its always cheaper than a taxi each way and with 3 kids and luggage on family trips I find it less stressful driving myself to and from the airport!

I have an 10 day trip over xmas which is costing me £65 Meet and Greet in T5 which I think is great value. It usually ends up being with MBW or Drivefly but they all very much the same in my view

msm2000uk Sep 15, 2017 1:32 am

Originally Posted by xenole (Post 28814196)
Has anyone used the drop & go service with goodtogo?

Looking at parking for next month and it's £74.99 for drop & go Vs. £94.99 to park my own car.
Can't seem to figure out the exact process.

Do love their "from £4.26 a day" thing. Only £52.99 for the 1-3 days+ I was looking at.

I've used their Meet & Greet service five or six times - and they have been brilliant.

Drivers always professional, easy to reach, and they stick to speed limits (according to my Tracker boxes in the car).

M

Waggy Sep 15, 2017 2:43 am

Originally Posted by msm2000uk (Post 28818000)
I've used their Meet & Greet service five or six times - and they have been brilliant.

Drivers always professional, easy to reach, and they stick to speed limits (according to my Tracker boxes in the car).

M

From the reviews and comments on here they do seem good but i've just priced up an xmas trip and they are £127 and MBW booked through aph.com are £64. You drive to the same car park in T5 and its an identical service. I've never had any problems and have used the service 5-6 times a year for the last 5 years+

xenole Sep 15, 2017 3:13 am

Had a look at some of those and for my dates:

Goodtogo Meet & Greet £74.99
Goodtogo Self-Park £94.99
Heathrow T5 long stay £104.99
MBW £100-£105 (non-flexible / flexible)
APH £111 for meet & greet / £155 to park myself.

Waggy Sep 15, 2017 4:57 am

Originally Posted by xenole (Post 28818163)
Had a look at some of those and for my dates:

Goodtogo Meet & Greet £74.99
Goodtogo Self-Park £94.99
Heathrow T5 long stay £104.99
MBW £100-£105 (non-flexible / flexible)
APH £111 for meet & greet / £155 to park myself.

Interesting. What dates are those?

xenole Oct 11, 2017 5:42 am

Originally Posted by Waggy (Post 28818341)
Interesting. What dates are those?

Bit late now as they've changed but it was the end of this month.

Anyway, how relaxed are Heathrow and Goodtogo on exiting and entering?
I've got a early flight around 7am so planning on arriving between 4:30am and 5am.

My return flight from Hong Kong gets in, hopefully, before 5am, so with any luck, around 6am back to the car park.

Since there's an 60-90min difference in entry and exit times, that adds an extra day to the total payable.

So would they be flexible with this or do flights have to be delayed?

windowontheAside Oct 11, 2017 6:27 am

I have never tried this but I understand (from previous posts here) you are likely to be fine with up to 2 hours.

Worst case, you'd just have to pay the extra day at roll-up rates. I've done that before when seriously delayed. So might be worth a punt.

xenole Oct 12, 2017 1:26 am

Looking again at the "drop and ride" parking and it is available for my dates of 26th Oct-9th Nov, just time dependent.
You have to drop the car off across from the animal quarantine centre on Sanctuary Road.

If I put a 4am arrival time, it's not offered, only the £94.99 "Park & Ride" option.
Put 5am and I get offered "drop & ride" for £74.99 and "meet and greet" for £147.99.

Usually arrive about 4:40am so hopefully there's a few minutes flexibility here or I'll have to hang around / drive slower on the M25.

£4.85 cashback through TCB as well or around 500 Avios should I want to go that way.

xenole Nov 11, 2017 11:40 pm

Added:
No real problems with the drop & ride service bar missing the turning once due to it being dark and a bit misty.

Drove in, handed over the keys, signed the paperwork and the minibus took me to T5.
On the return, rang up and waited a few minutes at stop 24 for the bus back.

Changing topic slightly, are Thanksgiving flights to/from the US popular at MAN?
Got a flight on Friday 24th Nov, returning on Sunday 26th Nov.
Looked at MAN parking and they want £175 for the T3 long stay (no multi-story). Jetparks for £110.
Park at LHR and £55 with GoodtoGo and about £10 less direct with Heathrow Business Parking.

BLHD Nov 12, 2017 1:19 am

Originally Posted by xenole (Post 29050214)
Added:

Changing topic slightly, are Thanksgiving flights to/from the US popular at MAN?
Got a flight on Friday 24th Nov, returning on Sunday 26th Nov.
Looked at MAN parking and they want £175 for the T3 long stay (no multi-story). Jetparks for £110.
Park at LHR and £55 with GoodtoGo and about £10 less direct with Heathrow Business Parking.

I'm seeing MAN Multi-storey T3 on Holiday Extras for £45.99.

xenole Nov 12, 2017 1:35 am

Originally Posted by BLHD (Post 29050366)
I'm seeing MAN Multi-storey T3 on Holiday Extras for £45.99.

Think I've been a bit stupid and selected the 26th Dec as the calendar has gone to Dec by default!
£45.99 for my Nov dates and £175 for Nov-Dec.

wytco0 Nov 12, 2017 2:41 am

Originally Posted by bhbloke (Post 27926937)
I always take my motorbike, park less than 50 metres from the door of T5 and it's free :cool:

Where do you Park your motorbike and is it secure? I may do this next time.

Cluster One Nov 29, 2017 9:13 am

Purple Parking Meet & Greet

I've used Purple Parking Meet & Greet at T5 several times recently, and had no problems.

They don't seem to be offering this service anymore, but offer either Drivefly or MBW instead. Anyone know what the reason is for dropping the service, and can anyone comment on Drivefly and MBW?
Don't want to end up with the car parked in a muddy farmers field!

Thanks.

SoggyDollar Nov 29, 2017 11:27 am

Originally Posted by Cluster One (Post 29113814)
I've used Purple Parking Meet & Greet at T5 several times recently, and had no problems.

They don't seem to be offering this service anymore, but offer either Drivefly or MBW instead. Anyone know what the reason is for dropping the service, and can anyone comment on Drivefly and MBW?
Don't want to end up with the car parked in a muddy farmers field!

Thanks.

PurpleParking have gone into administration and as a result their services are no longer available. As Purple Parking also own Meteor Parking this includes all Meteor orders also.

I have switched LHR T5 to Maple Manor (who are airport and Park Mark approved) and for LGW I am now using ilovemeetandgreet.co.uk