Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GGL benefits timing

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2018, 4:52 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by BlueHorizonUK

do you think I should do this now or wait until card expiry next year before contacting them?
Email GGL so you have it in writing. I had a fight getting this honoured last year.
Old Sep 1, 2018, 11:41 am

Programs: BA Executive Club and OnBusiness
Is anyone else having IT trouble when trying to nominate partner cards? I have gold and silver cards to allocate and click on the "nominate partner cards" link in my Family and Friends page only to get this message:

Old Sep 1, 2018, 11:52 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold (current GGL), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Ned1968
Is anyone else having IT trouble when trying to nominate partner cards? I have gold and silver cards to allocate and click on the "nominate partner cards" link in my Family and Friends page only to get this message:

I had a similar problem. I am in a household account, but not head of account. I called the GGL line, and they processed the nomination quickly.
Ned1968 likes this.
Old Sep 1, 2018, 11:54 am

Programs: BA Executive Club and OnBusiness
Originally Posted by skippythelizard

I had a similar problem. I am in a household account, but not head of account. I called the GGL line, and they processed the nomination quickly.
Thanks - I've been able to nominate partner cards successfuly for years, just wondered if this new IT feature was part of the recent website refresh!
Old Sep 1, 2018, 12:12 pm

Programs: GGL/CCR
Thanks - I've been able to nominate partner cards successfuly for years, just wondered if this new IT feature was part of the recent website refresh!
Had the same thing this afternoon. Was resolved over the phone
Ned1968 likes this.
Old Sep 1, 2018, 5:26 pm

I tried to nominate yesterday - and wrote to them. To their credit, I got a response very quickly:

Dear TGflyergirl

Thank you for your email regarding your partner card nomination. I am sorry for the problems that you have faced. We are aware of this error and are working to fix it.

They processed it manually and all is good
Old Sep 1, 2018, 5:38 pm

Originally Posted by Wozza2404
Email GGL so you have it in writing. I had a fight getting this honoured last year.
How we wish BA would resolve this system problem and educate all the GGL staff on the rules. It shouldn’t be a fight for members to do this!
Old Sep 7, 2018, 5:56 am

Programs: BA executive club
Originally Posted by carrotjuice

How we wish BA would resolve this system problem and educate all the GGL staff on the rules. It shouldn’t be a fight for members to do this!
I fully agree. I am a long time GGL lurker. Based upon the info on this forum I nominated my wife for gold in between her tier points collection end date and her card expiry date. As to be expected, she lost the gold status after one year. I contacted the GGL team to have her gold status reinstated manually referring to a computer glitch and I got following unsatisfactory reply:

Dear Mr ,

I know this was not the reply you was expecting and must be disappointing for you .
However I can assure you that the information I have given you is correct.
When nominating for a partner card you do have to wait until the card expires to get the remainder of that year plus another year. Otherwise if you nominate as soon as the membership year resets then that nomination is only valid for a year.
This is not a change to BA policy this has always been the case.

I appreciate that there are multiple threads on Flyertalk regarding this however Flyertalk is an online forum which is not governed by BA so not all information on this forum will necessary be correct.

So, be aware, the GGL team does not necessarily know the GGL terms and conditions or does not necessarily respect them. I have now forwarded clause 8.3 of the GGL T&C's to the GGL team and I wait for their reply. My problem is that my wife is in one of my bookings and since she is no longer gold I cannot select our preferred seats, we are stuck in a pair of the worst seats in the cabin.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 6:43 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA LTG/GFL, Honors Diamond, Accor Platinum, Bonvoy Silver
If it helps, this is the redacted email I sent to GGL with a positive resolution:
Dear sir / madame

My BAEC number is xxxxxxxx. I am a Gold Guest List member.

My DOB is xx/yy/zzzz.

My address is xxx road, Yyyyyy.

On xx/yy/zz I gifted a gold partner card to BAEC account number xxxxxxxx. At the time of gifting, the recipient’s tier point collection year ended on xx/yy/zz. At the time of gifting, the recipient’s card year ended on xx/yy/zz. Pursuant to rule 8.3 of the gold guest list terms and conditions governing partner cards:

https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...-list-benefits

“For Nominees who are existing Executive Club members, the discretionary British Airways Silver/Gold Card period shall begin from the date of acceptance by British Airways of the Nominee and last until the Nominee’s Membership Year End date and for the 12 month period thereafter.”

Accordingly the gold partner card period for account number xxxxxxxx should expire on xx/yy/zz being the balance of the then current year at the time of gifting, plus 1 year.

I would be grateful if you could resolve this to extend the gold status until xx/yy/zz as gold seat bookings have been made for flights after xx/yy/zz.

Kind regards
Old Sep 7, 2018, 6:44 am

Originally Posted by rjn21
If it helps, this is the redacted email I sent to GGL with a positive resolution:
did you sent this before the year was up or after the year finished and they were downgraded and then were upgraded again manually.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 6:47 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3 Gold, M&M SEN, FlyingBlue Gold, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Amb
Originally Posted by rjn21
My BAEC number is xxxxxxxx. I am a Gold Guest List member.
My DOB is xx/yy/zzzz.
My address is xxx road, Yyyyyy.
Sorry, I'm going to hijack the thread and your template to ask a question that's been bothering me for quite a while - does anybody else feel that this is a complete bonkers policy requiring us to provide all these details *every single time* you email the GGL team? This has little to do with data protection, I'd argue that it's quite the opposite. If the message comes from my email address, there is a decent chance I am who I say I am - somehow works for financial institutions, so why not for BA? Rant over.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 6:51 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA LTG/GFL, Honors Diamond, Accor Platinum, Bonvoy Silver
Originally Posted by BlueHorizonUK
did you sent this before the year was up or after the year finished and they were downgraded and then were upgraded again manually.
I did send it before the prior gold card expired, but after the collection date had passed, as I could see the end date of the card was wrong and the account was showing silver.
I received back:
Dear Mr xx

You are correct that the partner card recipient is entitled to a full year at Gold. This is a manual process as the system reads what points they have actually earned, therefore this is why xxx has been sent a Silver Card.

I have requested that [their] account is renewed at Gold and please ignore the downgrade information that has been sent.

Please feel free to let us know if we can help you with anything else.

Kind regards
xxx
British Airways Gold Guest List
The manual re-up to gold was implemented 1 day after the prior gold card's expiry date.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 7:22 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Whilst this doesn't help anyone who is in the situation right now, I'm not going down this path again. When re-gifting status to Mrs. W I'll now wait until her card has expired. Currently this actually means she'll fly home from our trip later this month as Silver, but it's a price I'm willing to pay to not have to go through this charade again.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 8:00 am

Programs: BA executive club
Originally Posted by Wozza2404
Whilst this doesn't help anyone who is in the situation right now, I'm not going down this path again. When re-gifting status to Mrs. W I'll now wait until her card has expired. Currently this actually means she'll fly home from our trip later this month as Silver, but it's a price I'm willing to pay to not have to go through this charade again.
I wish I had done the same! It is a question of semantics. I have referred to article 8.3 but for the GGL team 'year ends' corresponds with the card validity date and not with the end of the tier point collection year. Their point of view is erratic in my opinion: If you look at an account statement you will clearly see 'end of year' : 08 Month and not the card validity date (end of Month). I wonder what happens if you nominate a blue member: do they have a card validity date?
Old Sep 7, 2018, 8:55 am

Originally Posted by Trippelone
I wish I had done the same! It is a question of semantics. I have referred to article 8.3 but for the GGL team 'year ends' corresponds with the card validity date and not with the end of the tier point collection year. Their point of view is erratic in my opinion: If you look at an account statement you will clearly see 'end of year' : 08 Month and not the card validity date (end of Month). I wonder what happens if you nominate a blue member: do they have a card validity date?
Not only semantics, but also the fact that many others, myself included, have had the status manually reinstated when presenting the GGL team with the same argument.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.