Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Contact BA phone number to patient dep. agent

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Contact BA phone number to patient dep. agent

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2015, 5:31 pm

Programs: BA - GL, Disgruntled ex LH HON
Caugh Caugh.

My throat is so scratchy today.

Caugh Caugh.

Hay fever maybe.
Old Aug 29, 2015, 5:35 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by Soames
I've been given some helpful advice which I will follow up. Three years ago I took a tumble, chipping both hip bones and have so been out of action. I'm not lazy but this trip is going to cost circa $80.000+ and it would be so nice if others could advise me ~ do the
Have you considered doing this as a RTW itinerary? If you are spending 80,000 among the two of you, you are very very likely to get this and a lot of flexibility on a RTW for much less, in J or F.
Old Aug 29, 2015, 5:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
If you want, I can book it for you for around $75000 ^

Old Aug 29, 2015, 7:06 pm

Originally Posted by agehall
I've tried this with AF in Paris once. Had to book a next day trip to the US and figured I could just as well go landside and do it in person.

Me: I need to book a round-trip Stockholm - SFO.
Agent: But you are in Paris!
Me: Yes, but I need to travel from Stockholm.
Agent: But you can fly directly from here.
Me: *sigh* I need to go home and pack before I can fly to SFO.
*Agent hammers away at keyboard*
Agent: Sir, we don't fly from Stockholm to SFO!
Me: What do you mean!?
Agent: Well, I looked it up on the computer and there are no flights ARN-SFO.
Me: Well, obviously I would need to transit in AMS or CDG.
Agent: So you want to fly from Paris to SFO?
*DOH*

About 20 minutes later we had concluded that I wanted to fly ARN-CDG-SFO on the outbound and could start on the return.
Agent: Sir, we don't fly SFO-ARN.

I have since given up on booking anything with agents in airports. I've had much better success with the ones you call...
Brilliant! Where do airlines get these people? You really can't make these up! LOL.
Old Aug 30, 2015, 1:10 am

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
Agreed that there isn't a specific BA department or team to reach to handle such an itinerary. I would have been amazing at it, if I do say so myself, but I no longer work for BA. I do agree that a competent travel agent would be the best way to go here.

Having worked in BA reservations, and having worked in travel agencies, I completely understand how tricky it can be to find agents who 'get it', who not only don't get confused when booking places they've never heard of, but instinctively know all kinds of value added bits and pieces. We truly are a rare breed!

I hope you find an agency that understands your needs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.