FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   BA "Mad Thursdays" Continue - PRG-MEX in F - £486 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1705747-ba-mad-thursdays-continue-prg-mex-f-486-a.html)

BW0807 Aug 27, 2015 4:17 pm

Hi All, quickly booked 2 flights, not optimising routing. I am doing the following routes on the following dates

02-09 JAN: PRG-LHR-JFK-CUN-JFK-LHR-PRG
11-18 APR: PRG-LHR-MIA-CUN-PHL-LHR-PRG

Happy to meet up with anyone around these dates. Likely to buy one ticket in revenue for my girlfriend if she can make it, the other I'd be open to a meet up or two!

Even decided to try out a TATL American First (I think I will regret it, but who knows until you try it!)

IcHot Aug 27, 2015 4:36 pm

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK (Post 25337758)
It does make me wonder how many of those who are being so vociferous in the bratwurstgate topic have purchased these tickets too? I wonder if those people have considered whether or not this ticket might have prejudiced their claim in bratworst?

What about the idea that BA needs to put on its big boy pants and behave like an adult?

angeloedades Aug 27, 2015 4:39 pm

Originally Posted by schofs (Post 25338267)
Thanks to the OP for this.
Glad the reservations are in Amadeus so My Flights can do the 'have they cancelled it yet?' checking :)

I did not know you are a flyertalker! Thanks for creating the app and thanks for fixing my problem the other week :)

/AE

bowlingformatt Aug 27, 2015 5:50 pm

Originally Posted by schofs (Post 25338339)
Ha! Well it is my baby, but I give it away for free with no ads, so it's more for your benefit than mine!

Love that app. Keep up good work!

agehall Aug 27, 2015 6:30 pm

I'd say BA will have a really hard time arguing that either of the Viking, Bratwurst or this one is an obvious pricing error now. 3x fail in what, 4 weeks? Must be a new record.

Let's hope BA handles this one a little better than the last one. Even if they decide to cancel the fares, maybe they can at least get the communication right.

flipper747 Aug 27, 2015 11:21 pm

Twitter

[QUOTE The response from BA confirmed there were "some fantastic deals" which, in my opinion, makes it exceptionally difficult to cancel the fares based on the argument given to the Bratwurst flyers (ie. the price was in error and invalid).
[/QUOTE]
In my opinion: BA has confirmed that this was one of the very good deals available during the SALE. I don't see how they could or wanted to go back on that!!! The image clearly showed the prices and were confirmed by BA as a really good offer!!!!

shady Aug 27, 2015 11:23 pm

One of the tickets booked on ba.com still doesnt have etix. Quite strange as the second booking had etix almost instantly. Should i call BA or still wait?

irishguy28 Aug 27, 2015 11:37 pm

Originally Posted by shady (Post 25340193)
One of the tickets booked on ba.com still doesnt have etix. Quite strange as the second booking had etix almost instantly. Should i call BA or still wait?

Can you think of any reason why there may be a problem with that one?

Do you have a sector on, say, Iberia? Other threads report that AA is refusing to ticket itineraries involving Iberia, and blaming it on IB.

tiger302 Aug 27, 2015 11:47 pm

Originally Posted by DaveyS (Post 25338493)
Is anyone else only getting part of their booking on MMB? I booked through AA, with the route:

PRG-LHR-JFK-CUN (BA/BA/AA)
CUN-JFK-LHR-PRG (AA/AA/BA)

And yet only the 2nd half of the trip is showing in MMB. Will the rest appear at some point, or am I doomed to have to check AA to see the full trip?

Try to assign your seats on the BA leg and you'll be redirected to the BA site where you'll see your PNR

Wozza2404 Aug 28, 2015 12:41 am

7 F seats taken on the seat map for my MEX-LHR. Could be coincidence, but makes me wonder how many of these were sold in such a short time.

shady Aug 28, 2015 12:52 am

Originally Posted by irishguy28 (Post 25340225)
Can you think of any reason why there may be a problem with that one?

Do you have a sector on, say, Iberia? Other threads report that AA is refusing to ticket itineraries involving Iberia, and blaming it on IB.

No IB, both are the same routing PRG-LHR-PHL-CUN-PHL-LHR-PRG.

I assume it might be an issue with payment as for the first booking I got call from CC company if this payment is authorized. I suspect when funds were unblocked, the fare was killed and etix was not triggered.

Swiss Tony Aug 28, 2015 12:52 am

Not sure if it's another coincidence but when I was looking at this on the AA site yesterday, lots of the BA TATL sectors were showing 7 seats available. Is A7 the default load for inventory?

Tafflyer Aug 28, 2015 1:02 am

Originally Posted by Wozza2404 (Post 25340375)
7 F seats taken on the seat map for my MEX-LHR. Could be coincidence, but makes me wonder how many of these were sold in such a short time.

On my 747-400 LHR-DFW(BA) I have the only 2 F seats in the cabin.
On my 77W MIA-LHR (AA) there are 4/8 F seats assigned including mine.

This fare was live for less time between being flagged and removed, so I assume fewer seats than Bratwurst and Viking were sold.

gustavmahler Aug 28, 2015 1:03 am

Originally Posted by Swiss Tony (Post 25340394)
Not sure if it's another coincidence but when I was looking at this on the AA site yesterday, lots of the BA TATL sectors were showing 7 seats available. Is A7 the default load for inventory?

It has often shown A9, but maybe this is new?

kauppias Aug 28, 2015 1:08 am

Originally Posted by gustavmahler (Post 25340414)
It has often shown A9, but maybe this is new?

Doesnt it differ on which POS you choose on EF?

DaveyS Aug 28, 2015 1:09 am

Originally Posted by tiger302 (Post 25340251)
Try to assign your seats on the BA leg and you'll be redirected to the BA site where you'll see your PNR

Nothing doing - I click to choose my seats on AA and I can do so for the JFK-CUN, CUN-JFK, and JFK-LHR legs, then on BA I can choose for the LHR-PRG leg, but can't for the initial 2 legs which is odd. Nothing on AA is referring me to BA, so will have to ring them and ask for the PNR, though will that have all the flights or just the ones showing on BA at the moment?

tiger302 Aug 28, 2015 1:16 am

Someone's in PRG and about to start their journey on the 11am BA flight. Lets see how that goes! ^

gustavmahler Aug 28, 2015 1:22 am

Originally Posted by kauppias (Post 25340429)
Doesnt it differ on which POS you choose on EF?

Good point. I opnly ever check UK. Also, AA shows different highest numbers for their flights. Can't remember what they are off hand.

gustavmahler Aug 28, 2015 1:31 am

I’ve just done a very un-FT thing and cancelled mine from yesterday. I have an American wife and so we always make time to go to see them. Her parents were just not at all keen on coming to Cancun. Spending what would have been at least £3k on 10 days in a place we never had a burning interest to go to, just because there was a chance to fly F for £500, was not really a good enough reason. We have a nice Viking booking to SFO and will make the most of that. We also generate two 241s per year and have a decent chunk of Avios to use on F redemptions, plus there are always good J deals going both east and west.

I think I just got caught up in the moment and didn’t really consider whether I really wanted to spend that kind of money going to a place that I only have a passing interest in. Maybe I should just have booked a long weekend. Strangely, that would have been much easier to justify.

Thanks for the tip-off – you never know, next week might be a place I really do want to go to! And thanks to henkybaby for all the advice and information.

BW0807 Aug 28, 2015 1:31 am

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK (Post 25337758)
It does make me wonder how many of those who are being so vociferous in the bratwurstgate topic have purchased these tickets too? I wonder if those people have considered whether or not this ticket might have prejudiced their claim in bratworst?

Tobias - I'm sorry for the way people treated you in the other thread. We had our differences of opinion, but I found you a useful counter balance.

On the AUS flight I genuinely believed that it was not a mistake, sure some people were calling it such, but on this one I have taken advantage, I myself believing the pricing wong and as such, you won't find me complaining whatever action is taken.

tiger302 Aug 28, 2015 1:34 am

Originally Posted by DaveyS (Post 25340431)
Nothing doing - I click to choose my seats on AA and I can do so for the JFK-CUN, CUN-JFK, and JFK-LHR legs, then on BA I can choose for the LHR-PRG leg, but can't for the initial 2 legs which is odd. Nothing on AA is referring me to BA, so will have to ring them and ask for the PNR, though will that have all the flights or just the ones showing on BA at the moment?

My AA PNR (received by being redirected from BA's website) shows all segments.

gustavmahler Aug 28, 2015 1:34 am

Having met Tobias-UK, I can say that he is a thoroughly nice guy. I'm sure any comments were just advice, not having a go.

headingwest Aug 28, 2015 1:35 am

Originally Posted by tiger302 (Post 25340448)
Someone's in PRG and about to start their journey on the 11am BA flight. Lets see how that goes! ^

How do you know this?

DaveyS Aug 28, 2015 1:36 am

Originally Posted by tiger302 (Post 25340491)
My AA PNR (received by being redirected from BA's website) shows all segments.

My AA PNR shows all legs on AA, but I can't get them on BA yet. I'm not overly worried at this stage, just a weird oddity

headingwest Aug 28, 2015 1:49 am

It seems that BA still has problems with its IT. These 'sale' prices are still showing on ba.com. 18,009 CZK=£487;

http://drive.google.com/uc?export=vi...G1hUjBqRHFic00

henkybaby Aug 28, 2015 1:53 am

Originally Posted by headingwest (Post 25340532)
It seems that BA still has problems with its IT. These 'sale' prices are still showing on ba.com. 18,009 CZK=£487;

Yes. They cache the prices used for banners, ads etc. They only switch to 'live pricing' (amadeus) when you enter the booking process.

BERbound Aug 28, 2015 1:56 am

Originally Posted by headingwest (Post 25340497)
How do you know this?

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milea...-799-a-21.html

snuffi Aug 28, 2015 2:03 am

Originally Posted by gustavmahler (Post 25340477)
I’ve just done a very un-FT thing and cancelled mine from yesterday. I have an American wife and so we always make time to go to see them. Her parents were just not at all keen on coming to Cancun. Spending what would have been at least £3k on 10 days in a place we never had a burning interest to go to, just because there was a chance to fly F for £500, was not really a good enough reason. We have a nice Viking booking to SFO and will make the most of that. We also generate two 241s per year and have a decent chunk of Avios to use on F redemptions, plus there are always good J deals going both east and west.

I think I just got caught up in the moment and didn’t really consider whether I really wanted to spend that kind of money going to a place that I only have a passing interest in. Maybe I should just have booked a long weekend. Strangely, that would have been much easier to justify.

Thanks for the tip-off – you never know, next week might be a place I really do want to go to! And thanks to henkybaby for all the advice and information.

Indeed. I played around with the Germany fare while it was live, but ultimately could not find a compelling enough reason (in short order) to book a short trip there, so left it. The Oslo one however I jumped at, as I already had the bones of a plan in place and had simply been waiting for an ILE28 type fare to appear.

headingwest Aug 28, 2015 2:13 am

Originally Posted by gustavmahler (Post 25340477)

I hadn't really planned on visiting Mexico either, although it was always a place that I wanted to see. When this opportunity arose I saw it as a way of visiting Mexico while on route to see my mother in Florida. My original plan was to buy an 'el cheapo' ticket to get into the USA, but this way I can travel in First/Business on the main flights. After a couple of days in MEX I will use some redemption flights to get to my mother's.

Just because the ticket is to MEX, it doesn't mean that one has to stay there.

brokenwindow Aug 28, 2015 2:17 am

This totally sucks, but I had to cancel one of my reservations for next week as I simply can't make the dates work :-(

Oh well.. two other reservations are safe for now.

gustavmahler Aug 28, 2015 2:20 am

Originally Posted by headingwest (Post 25340585)
I hadn't really planned on visiting Mexico either, although it was always a place that I wanted to see. When this opportunity arose I saw it as a way of visiting Mexico while on route to see my mother in Florida. My original plan was to buy an 'el cheapo' ticket to get into the USA, but this way I can travel in First/Business on the main flights. After a couple of days in MEX I will use some redemption flights to get to my mother's.

Just because the ticket is to MEX, it doesn't mean that one has to stay there.

That did cross my mind, but already having to do LHR-PRG-LHR-PHL-CUN both ways, adding in say CUN-MIA-CUN in the middle (we could probably have met her family there) would have been too much faff for a holiday - especially for my wife who is not an FTer!

Really glad it worked out for you, though. You'll have a great time!

henkybaby Aug 28, 2015 2:37 am

Too bad flights to Belize are so expensive out of CUN...

Mattyb44 Aug 28, 2015 2:44 am

Well my family are heading to CUN next June....if this reservation remains.

PRG-LHR-MIA-CUN-JFK-LHR-PRG

Not feeling impatient on this one as I was also lucky enough to grab one of the ex-OSL fares :)

Richmond_Surrey Aug 28, 2015 3:42 am

I didn't plan to go to Mexico and I booked weekend round trip only for TP and First Class experience. I was thinking about cancelling but then, First Class for £500 is probably worth flying as I have no idea when I will fly First again. I have some J flights I could upgrade, but there's no guarantee I will get availability.

After all I booked LHR-HEL-LHR only to test new business class on Finnair A350, so I'm crazy anyway. Life is too short to have regrets.

martynlcfc Aug 28, 2015 3:52 am

Hope some of you lot lucky enough to jump on this fare get to spend some time in Mexico City. Great, and vastly underrated place.

Cancun, amazing sand and water, but head down the coast if you can.

gustavmahler Aug 28, 2015 3:54 am

Originally Posted by Richmond_Surrey (Post 25340802)
I didn't plan to go to Mexico and I booked weekend round trip only for TP and First Class experience. I was thinking about cancelling but then, First Class for £500 is probably worth flying as I have no idea when I will fly First again. I have some J flights I could upgrade, but there's no guarantee I will get availability.

After all I booked LHR-HEL-LHR only to test new business class on Finnair A350, so I'm crazy anyway. Life is too short to have regrets.

That's great! For me it was the additional costs for 10 days accommodation that pushed me over the edge. Had it been a long weekend or something, I may have kept it. 33k in Avios each would have been useful too. We'll have other trips though.

Richmond_Surrey Aug 28, 2015 4:00 am

I was more concerned about not losing working days hence the weekend only.

Caleklika Aug 28, 2015 4:06 am

Weekend only to MEX for me. I was in doubt about how much more work I could skip... But I could't miss F for £500 rtn...

Flythe96flag Aug 28, 2015 4:08 am

OLCI done all the way to CUN tomorrow, have the BP for PRG-LHR already.

irishguy28 Aug 28, 2015 4:12 am

Originally Posted by Flythe96flag (Post 25340850)
OLCI done all the way to CUN tomorrow, have the BP for PRG-LHR already.

How I wish I could have taken off this weekend, too! But it's not a long weekend in these parts...

Enjoy...please keep us updated with your experiences ^