Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Booking BA plus MH

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2015, 1:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: MUCCI; BAEC Lifetime Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Emeritus Titanium; Hertz#1, Avis President’s Club
Booking BA plus MH

I assume I am missing something obvious, but I want to book LHR to KUL to BKK return using BA for the KUL leg then onward with MH all on the same PNR. I have tried the BA site and the OneWorld site. On OneWorld it does display the flights I want, but when I try to select them, I get taken to the BA site to book LHR: BKK direct. Is this something that can only be done by phone?

TIA
Old Jul 1, 2015, 2:09 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I haven't tried it myself, and I'm assuming this is a revenue booking, but have you tried the Multi City data entry form?
Old Jul 1, 2015, 2:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: MUCCI; BAEC Lifetime Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Emeritus Titanium; Hertz#1, Avis President’s Club
Thanks CWS, yes my first attempt on BA.COM was using the multi-city option. I was told BA don't fly that route etc.
Old Jul 1, 2015, 2:35 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Time to pick up the telephone I think.

If you have more than a few hours between the BA and MH services then 2 PNRs isn't the end of the world. If there's an overnight in there I'd not try too hard to merge it on to one reservation.
Old Jul 1, 2015, 3:14 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Time to pick up the telephone I think.

If you have more than a few hours between the BA and MH services then 2 PNRs isn't the end of the world. If there's an overnight in there I'd not try too hard to merge it on to one reservation.
I expect you're right, when I am ready to book I'll give them a call.
Old Jul 2, 2015, 12:20 am

Programs: BA-GGL, SU-G Agean, G,, Hhonours D, Starwood G, IHG G,
Try using AA and selecting OneWorld flights
Old Jul 2, 2015, 12:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Behindthecurtain
Will AA sell entirely non-AA itineraries online? I know they will TATL but that's a different story.
Old Jul 2, 2015, 2:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Behindthecurtain
Originally Posted by Calchas
Will AA sell entirely non-AA itineraries online? I know they will TATL but that's a different story.
The AA site does seem to work however the price is over twice what I would paying using BA and MH. However, I have spoken to BA reservations and they are coming up with a price that is lower than what the BA website is showing for just the LHR-KUL legs albeit that they don't have access to all the MH flights between KUL and BKK

Last edited by johnaalex; Jul 2, 2015 at 2:29 am Reason: typo
Old Jul 2, 2015, 3:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Originally Posted by johnaalex
albeit that they don't have access to all the MH flights between KUL and BKK
They might only be looking at BA/MH flights rather than prime MH flights?
Old Jul 2, 2015, 3:24 am

Originally Posted by BA6501
Or codeshares. But it sounds like a good result, and an example of why ringing BAEC is sometimes best to do before taking up those oh-so-easy-to-book Online Travel Agency websites.
Old Jul 2, 2015, 3:34 am
Original Poster

Or codeshares. But it sounds like a good result, and an example of why ringing BAEC is sometimes best to do before taking up those oh-so-easy-to-book Online Travel Agency websites.
Ah yes, didn't think of that. Anyway a return to Bangkok via KL in F and J for less than four grand is a pretty good deal!
Old Jul 2, 2015, 3:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Doesn't BA/MH mean codeshare?
Old Jul 2, 2015, 3:46 am

Doesn't BA/MH mean codeshare?
Well that's what I thought you meant, but I tried to be polite in the clarification!
Old Jul 2, 2015, 5:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Got it

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.