Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2015, 3:17 am

Programs: BA GGLfL
Used Slow Lounge in JHB last Tues. Entered with my BA Gold Card. No issue
Old Jun 1, 2015, 3:35 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by Lolbert
Used Slow Lounge in JHB last Tues. Entered with my BA Gold Card. No issue
Were you flying Comair or someone else to a destination not served by Comair?
Old Jun 1, 2015, 3:44 am

Programs: BA GGLfL
I was flying Comair domestic
Old Sep 16, 2015, 8:08 pm

Sorry to drag this thread up - just a quick question:

Does the GGL 2 guest rule apply to these comair lounges in South Africa?
Old May 20, 2016, 8:44 am

I am a Silver card holder flying CPT-SZK (a domestic flight that Comair doesn't fly), giving me SLOW lounge access at CPT. However, I have a guest on the same booking without any status. Do you think they will be allowed in? Is it possible to buy SLOW lounge access at CPT?
Old May 30, 2016, 6:10 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
As a BA Gold card holder, I was allowed a guest in JNB domestic flying SAA to Hoedspruit. Not sure about paying, but on my experience, you should not have to.
Old May 31, 2016, 2:00 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Avis Presidents Club, Majestic Platinum*
Used SLOW lounge at JNB having arrived on QR and departing on SA Airlink to Pietermaritsburg just using Gold card with no issues
Old Jan 22, 2017, 2:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold
I'm arriving JNB from LHR in CW, but connecting to HRE on Comair in economy.

Can you access the lounge arriving BA CW but departing BA (Comair) Y?

EDIT: I know that I can access as OWE, but I am asking for my traveling companion, as he has no OW status and would need to guest someone in with him.
Old Feb 25, 2017, 2:23 am

Programs: Aegean Airlines Silver, British Airways Gold, Virgin Atlantic Silver
My wife and I had the pleasure of once again using both the S.L.O.W. lounges in CPT and JNB over the last 2 weeks.
The choie of food/drink, service etc hs got to be the best that BA offer across their whole network (and I'm incuding the Concorde Rooms in both LHR and SIN here - much better than either of those two)
Old Feb 25, 2017, 2:30 am

Originally Posted by econometrics
I'm arriving JNB from LHR in CW, but connecting to HRE on Comair in economy.

Can you access the lounge arriving BA CW but departing BA (Comair) Y?

EDIT: I know that I can access as OWE, but I am asking for my traveling companion, as he has no OW status and would need to guest someone in with him.
Technically yes - arriving CW continuing in BA Y gets him access. However I'm not sure how helpful the JNB agents are if computer says no - others here will be able to comment. He should keep his CW BP to show at the desk anyway.

Note that he won't be able to guest anyone since CW does not give guest entitlements. You as OWE could guest his companion if it's just you three, but if there are four of you then one will be out of luck.
Old Feb 25, 2017, 2:45 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hotels.com Gold
Originally Posted by gallagher
My wife and I had the pleasure of once again using both the S.L.O.W. lounges in CPT and JNB over the last 2 weeks.
The choie of food/drink, service etc hs got to be the best that BA offer across their whole network (and I'm incuding the Concorde Rooms in both LHR and SIN here - much better than either of those two)
Agreed! We were at the CPT one a fortnight ago, it's fantastic. A far cry from the CPT BA lounge that we visited last night.

Old May 13, 2017, 9:24 am

Has anyone had any luck getting into the international SLOW lounge in JNB prior to an LHR flight, or do they insist you use the Galleries lounge?
Old May 13, 2017, 12:15 pm

Programs: BA Exec Gold , Qatar Priviledge Club Plat
Originally Posted by Ldnn1
Has anyone had any luck getting into the international SLOW lounge in JNB prior to an LHR flight, or do they insist you use the Galleries lounge?
I have tried 3 times over the last year , always rejected and said that i should use the Galleries lounge for mainline BA as i am flying to the UK and then said i am only allowed access if flying within Southern Africa with BA.

You will be shot down , they are on the ball at all slow lounge locations within SA.
Old May 13, 2017, 12:21 pm

Originally Posted by Flame3601
I have tried 3 times over the last year , always rejected and said that i should use the Galleries lounge for mainline BA as i am flying to the UK and then said i am only allowed access if flying within Southern Africa with BA.

You will be shot down , they are on the ball at all slow lounge locations within SA.
As suspected, thanks. Mainly asking as I'd like a massage - had an excellent one prior to domestic flight last week.
Old May 13, 2017, 12:23 pm

Programs: BA Exec Gold , Qatar Priviledge Club Plat
Originally Posted by Ldnn1
As suspected, thanks. Mainly asking as I'd like a massage - had an excellent one prior to domestic flight last week.
Haha yes , Slow lounge only reason why my wife wants to get to the airport early- usually the complete opposite !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.