FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   NY Airport Hotels (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1679840-ny-airport-hotels.html)

rosswill May 14, 2015 4:10 am

NY Airport Hotels

Hello, sorry not strictly a BA question, but can anyone recommend a hotel close to JFK? I have an evening arrival (with BA) from London and a 6am onward departure. Thank you

KARFA May 14, 2015 4:13 am

I haven't got any personal recommendations, but I saw this today and it may help http://milesfromblighty.boardingarea...ew-hilton-jfk/

chris1979 May 14, 2015 4:35 am

I've had a room in the Hilton Garden Inn and it was fine. shuttle was waiting at the end of the Air train thing. room was fine. etc. I wouldn't want to spend any time there apart from trying to sleep though.

I didnt actually end up sleeping but that's nothing to do with the hotel and I would use it again (though have no other experience of other hotels).

thejohn May 14, 2015 4:39 am

I have used the Crowne Plaza JFK a couple of times and no problems whatsoever shuttle quick and runs 24hrs ideal for a early flight I caught the 4am for 6am and a 6:30am flights giving time to go into the AA lounge and grab some breakfast.
John

KARFA May 14, 2015 4:39 am

Originally Posted by chris1979 (Post 24813640)
I didnt actually end up sleeping but that's nothing to do with the hotel ....

Really? This sounds interesting -tell us more. What, or indeed whom did you occupy yourself with in your hotel room instead of sleeping? :p

UKtravelbear May 14, 2015 5:02 am

There are plenty of suggestions on the New York Board in the destinations section.

BAGoldBoy May 14, 2015 5:09 am

We have stayed at the Hilton JFK a few times and will be staying there again in a few weeks. Pretty close to JFK with a regular shuttle. Nice lounge and friendly lounge dragons. :)

darthlemsip May 14, 2015 5:23 am

A +1 for the Hilton JFK - I always stay there after the late flight in and before the early flight out. Not the cheapest around, but is a very nice hotel.

LondonAndy May 14, 2015 5:48 am

Originally Posted by chris1979 (Post 24813640)
I've had a room in the Hilton Garden Inn and it was fine. shuttle was waiting at the end of the Air train thing. room was fine. etc. I wouldn't want to spend any time there apart from trying to sleep though.

I didnt actually end up sleeping but that's nothing to do with the hotel and I would use it again (though have no other experience of other hotels).

+1 for the Hilton Garden Inn. We used it on a trip to HNL and it was absolutely fine. Regular shuttle from Federal Circle Air Train station to the hotel and the room / bed were good. I, however, did sleep in my room :D

rosswill May 14, 2015 9:10 am

Thanks everyone much appreciated!

chris1979 May 15, 2015 7:24 am

Originally Posted by KARFA (Post 24813650)
Really? This sounds interesting -tell us more. What, or indeed whom did you occupy yourself with in your hotel room instead of sleeping? :p

haha. I think your fellow northerner, young Calchas, was fishing for similar information when I mentioned before that I didn't actually sleep......

After the HKG towel-gate, I've learnt to cover myself more on here...... Needless to say, it was all in most "Flyertalk style" :p

Originally Posted by LondonAndy (Post 24813833)
I, however, did sleep in my room :D

^ knew it was possible :D

Blueboys999 May 15, 2015 7:39 am

For such a major airport the choice around JFK is poor. The Hilton and CP are probably the best options but even they aren't anything to get excited about. If it's a simple overnight between flights I go for the Holiday Inn Express which has a reliable shuttle and free breakfast.

Avoid the JFK Inn at all costs.

Pandra May 15, 2015 1:31 pm

I stayed at the Fairfield Inn recently and was impressed, customer service excellent and room very quiet. Stayed at the 'new' holiday inn previously and not impressed - very noisy and over 20 mins shuttle ride.