NY Airport Hotels

Old May 14, 15, 5:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, *A Gold, VA Silver, HHonors Silver
NY Airport Hotels

Hello, sorry not strictly a BA question, but can anyone recommend a hotel close to JFK? I have an evening arrival (with BA) from London and a 6am onward departure. Thank you
Old May 14, 15, 5:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
I haven't got any personal recommendations, but I saw this today and it may help http://milesfromblighty.boardingarea...ew-hilton-jfk/
Old May 14, 15, 5:35 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Accor Sil, Black Cineworld Unlimited, Tastecard
I've had a room in the Hilton Garden Inn and it was fine. shuttle was waiting at the end of the Air train thing. room was fine. etc. I wouldn't want to spend any time there apart from trying to sleep though.

I didnt actually end up sleeping but that's nothing to do with the hotel and I would use it again (though have no other experience of other hotels).
Old May 14, 15, 5:39 am

Programs: BAEC bouncing from Blue to Gold to Blue VSFC Red CXGreen Club Accor Platinum Hilton Silver.
I have used the Crowne Plaza JFK a couple of times and no problems whatsoever shuttle quick and runs 24hrs ideal for a early flight I caught the 4am for 6am and a 6:30am flights giving time to go into the AA lounge and grab some breakfast.
John
Old May 14, 15, 5:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by chris1979 View Post
I didnt actually end up sleeping but that's nothing to do with the hotel ....
Really? This sounds interesting -tell us more. What, or indeed whom did you occupy yourself with in your hotel room instead of sleeping?
Old May 14, 15, 6:02 am

Programs: BA (GOLD), VS
There are plenty of suggestions on the New York Board in the destinations section.
Old May 14, 15, 6:09 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
We have stayed at the Hilton JFK a few times and will be staying there again in a few weeks. Pretty close to JFK with a regular shuttle. Nice lounge and friendly lounge dragons.
Old May 14, 15, 6:23 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hhonors Diamond
A +1 for the Hilton JFK - I always stay there after the late flight in and before the early flight out. Not the cheapest around, but is a very nice hotel.
Old May 14, 15, 6:48 am

Programs: BA Gold, BMI Blue, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by chris1979 View Post
I've had a room in the Hilton Garden Inn and it was fine. shuttle was waiting at the end of the Air train thing. room was fine. etc. I wouldn't want to spend any time there apart from trying to sleep though.

I didnt actually end up sleeping but that's nothing to do with the hotel and I would use it again (though have no other experience of other hotels).
+1 for the Hilton Garden Inn. We used it on a trip to HNL and it was absolutely fine. Regular shuttle from Federal Circle Air Train station to the hotel and the room / bed were good. I, however, did sleep in my room
Old May 14, 15, 10:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, *A Gold, VA Silver, HHonors Silver
Thanks everyone much appreciated!
Old May 15, 15, 8:24 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Accor Sil, Black Cineworld Unlimited, Tastecard
Originally Posted by KARFA View Post
Really? This sounds interesting -tell us more. What, or indeed whom did you occupy yourself with in your hotel room instead of sleeping?
haha. I think your fellow northerner, young Calchas, was fishing for similar information when I mentioned before that I didn't actually sleep......

After the HKG towel-gate, I've learnt to cover myself more on here...... Needless to say, it was all in most "Flyertalk style"

Originally Posted by LondonAndy View Post
I, however, did sleep in my room
knew it was possible
Old May 15, 15, 8:39 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Lifetime Gold 1.8mm, EY Gold, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold et al
For such a major airport the choice around JFK is poor. The Hilton and CP are probably the best options but even they aren't anything to get excited about. If it's a simple overnight between flights I go for the Holiday Inn Express which has a reliable shuttle and free breakfast.

Avoid the JFK Inn at all costs.
Old May 15, 15, 2:31 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AAdvantage, Marriot & SPG Platinum, Hilton, AClub gold, ICH
I stayed at the Fairfield Inn recently and was impressed, customer service excellent and room very quiet. Stayed at the 'new' holiday inn previously and not impressed - very noisy and over 20 mins shuttle ride.