Wiki Posts
Search

Seating Queries: World Traveller

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2010, 2:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Question Seating Queries: World Traveller

For all your questions (and answers) regarding the best, worst, noisest, quietest seats in World Traveller on the 747, 767 and 777 fleets. Assuming anyone on FT actually flies WT of course.

World Traveller Seat Maps

Seat maps courtesy of ba.com

Last edited by Prospero; Sep 11, 2011 at 10:18 am
Old Feb 23, 2010, 3:16 pm

Programs: Losing status by the day
Originally Posted by Swanhunter
For all your questions (and answers) regarding the best, worst, noisest, quietest seats in Club World on the 747, 767, A318 and 777 fleets. Assuming anyone on FT actually flies WT of course.
I like that something deep-seated means that long haul = club world... WT on the A318s is particularly good I hear

I like the bulkhead seats 26C (777) and 33C (747) - although nobody really mentions they're a bit of a squeeze as a fatty.
Old Feb 23, 2010, 4:15 pm

Programs: Mucci, BAEC Silver, Scandic 3rd Floor, PC Pleb, FB Off White, Tufty Club
Originally Posted by Swanhunter
Assuming anyone on FT actually flies WT of course.
Tsk!

As a general rule I try to sit about 4 rows back from the bulkhead on an aisle seat. Avoids the possible bassinet disruption but is still far enough forward that you get a choice of chicken OR beef. There's nowhere particularly quiet in WT, so buy a set of NC headphones!

Bulkhead/exit row seats now generally go to status pax.
Old Feb 23, 2010, 5:56 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver; Muccis du Monde des Peluches
Swanhunter, wasn't it you that once came up with my favourite FT quote of all time?, in response to a WT seating query, along the lines of
Aww! How sweet! World Traveller gets a thread all of its own.
Old Feb 28, 2010, 8:52 am

Programs: AA EXP
Question about bulkhead seat in World Traveller on BA 747

Hi everyone:

I'm flying on BA 54 JNB-LHR which is operated on one of these 747s:
http://www.flyertalk.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/BAG744HI.jpg

The BA agent offered me a bulkhead because I'm oneworld sapphire (only benefit of that!)...so I now have 33H.

However, seatguru says this is a "restricted legroom" bulkhead whereas seatexpert says this is an "extra legroom" bulkhead.

Anyone know for sure which is true? If it's restricted legroom I'll get another seat but if its extra legroom then I will keep it...

Thanks!

Last edited by Prospero; Feb 28, 2010 at 9:11 am Reason: amend title, changing reference from CW to WT
Old Feb 28, 2010, 9:22 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Seat 33H is probably the best WT seat on the High-J 747. The bulkhead may bother others (toes pressed against the wall) plus proximity to babies, however seated here you can (discretely) stretch your legs out into the aisle - remember to pull them in during meal service
Old Mar 1, 2010, 2:00 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Junior Jet Club
Seat 33H is probably the best WT seat on the High-J 747. The bulkhead may bother others (toes pressed against the wall) plus proximity to babies, however seated here you can (discretely) stretch your legs out into the aisle - remember to pull them in during meal service
Urgh. I can't get mine around the bulkhead and into the aisle in any comfortable manner at all - although the mini-cabin is a blessing. I am in two minds about the bulkhead row due to the inflexible armrests.

28B/D/G/H or 29A/J in WT+ are the best seats in that cabin on a Hi-J 747, if we go one cabin up.
Old Mar 19, 2010, 6:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Thoughts on WT seats 28D/G on B744 52J config

Hi all, usually on the TG and NZ boards, but I relented during the BA Global Sale and purchased a Y (WT) fare AKL-BKK (via SYD) for $NZ 1050 - a bargain.

As a non-status pax (well, QANTAS Club bronze), I note that BA allow pax to pay for advance seat assignment, an appealing prospect provided that it is 'worth it' - first row of WT, exit row, forward aisle etc

I note that on the B744 52J config aircraft, WT begins at row 28, with the A and K seats removed. Currently, 28B/C 28E/F and 28H/J are all blocked, as is 27A and 27K - presumably these become available for purchase nearer the time.

I'm intrigued, though, that 28D and 28G are available for advance purchase now. 28E/F have a cot attachment on the bulkhead, and I guess there is a high chance of a baby snoozing for the 9 hours or so, but other than that, is there any reason that this community knows why 28D/G should be made available now, whereas the others in the row are all blocked?

I have, of course, searched long and hard, but have found nothing that make particular mention of these seats. Simple searching for 28D is also fruitless. Plenty on 27A/K, but I think it likely that BA status holders will grab these before I'll get a look in.....

Penny for any thoughts?

Cheers, TK
Old Mar 20, 2010, 5:01 am
GLA

Programs: BA VS
Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
...and I guess there is a high chance of a baby snoozing for the 9 hours or so...
I must say that is very optimistic!!
Old Mar 20, 2010, 12:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by GLA
I must say that is very optimistic!!
My tongue was indeed firmly in my cheek.....!!

Curious though, that these seats get little mention.
Old Apr 7, 2010, 2:36 pm

Does anyone know if seat 52J on the 744 is a window seat i.e Does it have a window?
Old Apr 7, 2010, 2:46 pm

Programs: Marriott + Hilton. Fly BA and AZ
Originally Posted by Lango
Does anyone know if seat 52J on the 744 is a window seat i.e Does it have a window?
Welcome to FT Lango!!
Can't say for sure but I see no reason why not and seatguru doesn't say anything about no window and recommends the seat

http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Bri..._747-400_B.php
Old Apr 7, 2010, 2:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Lango
Welcome to FT!

Yes it is a window seat ie. it has a window

Seat Expert is the best place to look, as they show which windows are blocked (SeatGuru does not).
Old Apr 7, 2010, 4:56 pm

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
and I guess there is a high chance of a baby snoozing for the 9 hours or so
Last week coming home CDG-ORD (on AA) we cringed when a couple with a baby boarded two rows ahead of us. But much to our amazement, the baby kept quiet the entire almost 9 hour trip. Twice he cried softly for about a minute but that was it. And he was awake a lot of the time. I'm sure we'll never be so luck again!
Old Apr 8, 2010, 8:35 am

Thanks for your very prompt replies.....^^^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.