Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seating Queries: Club World

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2019, 7:24 pm

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
Originally Posted by DG55
What’s the situation with UD seats on the 747? I am blue so don’t get free selection, it allows me to pay for the seats but only a couple are available - seemingly at random. There are only four selected seats but my choices are 63 J/K and 64 B.

Expert flyer shows all seats available up front and 64 J/K. Is there some sort of limit on the seats that can be paid for on the UD? Seems like quite a random selection. Also I would have thought they would show as blocked on expert flyer.

Does anyone know when the rest of the seats will open up - I assume at check in / 24 hours?

Thanks!
Yes, most of the UD is blocked for Gold/Silver or equivalent. 64A is blocked as a bassinet. Not sure if they open at T-72 or T-24, but most could well be selected by that point anyway.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 4:44 am

Originally Posted by RB211
The answer is a definite maybe:

https://www.britishairways.com/cms/g...uick-Guide.pdf

If you know which configuration of 772, some here may be able to provide a more definitive answer.

rb211.
Cheers I'll just keep the US adaptor handy as well as USB for the devices.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 11:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by grantsteve
64B is a popular seat.
Really? 64B is perhaps the second worst seat on the UD, after 60B, for similar toilet door reasons.
Originally Posted by Bluesky30
I worry I’ll miss out on something if I’m shut away by the window with the screen up?!?
What could you miss out on? Window seats account for 50% of the UD seats, so the cabin crew aren't going to forget to offer you something just because you're in a window seat.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 11:06 am

Does anyone have any suggestions for 2 people on a 777-300?

My wife will murder me if she doesn't get a decent view from the window on the daytime flight, but it obviously doesn't matter on the night-time one.

I'd be picking 16k if I was on my own, but I don't really want to be in the aisle right next to the toilets if she's in that seat.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 11:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Oaxaca
Is there some sort of limit on the seats that can be paid for on the UD?
Yes, most of the UD is blocked for Gold/Silver or equivalent. 64A is blocked as a bassinet.
AFAIK, the following seats can be paid for: 63AB, 63JK, 64B and (on some flights) 60B.

It used to be that the 64AB pair could be paid for, but when 64A was returned to being used as a bassinet seat that was taken away and 60B was provided instead, although 60B is blocked for crew use on some flights.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 11:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
11AB.
RG1X likes this.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 11:14 am

Originally Posted by Can I help you
11AB.
I assume not 10 because of the galley / misaligned window?
Old Feb 17, 2019, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Correct, row 11 would give a good view infront of the wing and away from toilets but obviously doesn’t have the advantage of a non step over window seat.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 3:27 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by RG1X
I'd be picking 16k if I was on my own, but I don't really want to be in the aisle right next to the toilets if she's in that seat.
There is also a bassinet in the middle pair of row 16, not far away, which wouldn't stop me, but the toilet proximity would, it's right in the light of sight from 16K Here are the views from 16K from a few days ago, the first one is directly sideways, the other is slightly looking forward (trying to get a glance of the engine-less 787, without conclusive results). So the view isn't good.

Old Feb 17, 2019, 7:28 pm

I don't recall seeing much at all from 16K when I used it last. Blind went down, divider went up and I felt like I had my own little private cocoon.

Edit - Now I'm actually wondering if I'm thinking of 20K on a 747.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 7:18 am

Programs: BA Silver (temp demotion), *A Silver, HH Gold, IHG Diamond
My wife and I have got seats coming back from Cape Town next month on what looks a fairly full Club cabin (only one UD seat not taken). We've currently got 64B and 64J bagged and the LD options for two don't look appealing (ie we really don't want an adjoining pair in the middle!).

But since 64B is the second worst seat on UD, should we be looking at trying to get 64A (and 64B, obviously) as a pair? If so when might 64A become available? On reading this thread it seems like it is T-72, local time. Confirmation would be appreciated.

Alternatively, should we be that bothered about being split over the aisle?

Last edited by SavvyTravel; Feb 18, 2019 at 8:25 am
Old Feb 21, 2019, 1:56 pm

Programs: StarWood Hotels-Gold, Loews Hotels-Gold, RCI-Diamond, HH Diamond
Hi All,

First time on BA longhaul, but familiar with UA, AA, VS, and LH J product.

A traveling couple from TPA - LGW - LHR - ATH in a 3 class 777-200ER 32J/52W/252Y set up. Row 1 A/B and 4 A/B are available. I've read through all pages and didn't see anything specific about these seats, or much on this aircraft.

I prefer a window and wife indifferent. I was interested in row 4 since it was cheaper, and near the door allowing us a quicker exit, clear immigration and head off to LHR. However, read row 4 is missing a window, or all windows? Any input is appreciated. We land LGW at 7:50 and depart LHR at 12:15pm. I'm thinking we have a enough time.

Many thanks,

Andrew

Last edited by CoHiba Gent; Feb 21, 2019 at 2:03 pm
Old Feb 25, 2019, 4:00 pm

Originally Posted by SavvyTravel
My wife and I have got seats coming back from Cape Town next month on what looks a fairly full Club cabin (only one UD seat not taken). We've currently got 64B and 64J bagged and the LD options for two don't look appealing (ie we really don't want an adjoining pair in the middle!).

But since 64B is the second worst seat on UD, should we be looking at trying to get 64A (and 64B, obviously) as a pair? If so when might 64A become available? On reading this thread it seems like it is T-72, local time. Confirmation would be appreciated.

Alternatively, should we be that bothered about being split over the aisle?
Similar predicament. Wondering if 64A is a good bet or not - ie I assume of the remaining seats gold and silver can choose any of the remainder and will almost definitely be booked up before the flight.

Is 64A an exception in that only passengers with infants can book it? Which means I can likely nab it.

is 64J/K not able to be selected unless you are gold/silver?
Old Feb 25, 2019, 4:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

is 64J/K not able to be selected unless you are gold/silver?
If you have to pay to pre-allocate, then 64JK are not available. (This is not quite the same as having to be Gold/Silver to get them.)
Old Feb 26, 2019, 12:06 am
PxC

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Gold, Caesars Diamond
The general consensus from what I’ve read over some time on this forum seemed to be that 64k is the best CW seat on a 747, then it’s said in here it’s the worst because of the toilet door? I know it’s each to their own, but I wonder if I should just swap to 62k for aisle access and centre of the cabin?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.