64ab jk
14ab jk
20ab jk
22 ab jk
Old Nov 2, 2018, 9:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by maisiedormouse
yes we want to sit together but not be trapped in middle in EF seats where we both might struggle to get out. What seats would you suggest to reserve on the lower deck on the 2 CW 747 layouts? Are any seats classed as exit rows?
The window/aisle pairs where the window seat has direct aisle access have been listed by CIHY.

The 64s are upstairs, obviously. On the main deck, one configuration of 747 doesn't have 14 or 22 in CW, but that doesn't make CIHY's list incorrect.

In theory, 14EF, 20EF and 22EF are also good because they have direct aisle access. In practice, as they are the bassinet positions you may find it difficult to get your hands on these.

And I think that we've previously established that none of these main deck seats are classed as exit rows.
Originally Posted by maisiedormouse
Is it always best to go JK flying west during the day and AB flying east overnight?
JK on a daytime westbound tends to be the shady side, if you prefer that. But this comes a reasonably long way down my list of importance for preferences.

Personally, I've never paid much attention to the side on an overnight eastbound, sorry. Seat flat, eyeshades and earplugs in, blinds down, off to sleep. These are the important bits of an eastbound overnight - the ability to do that and to be asleep for as long as possible is why I've paid for a CW seat.
adrianlondon likes this.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 3:24 am

From my next week flight as couple 747 Upper deck - I've taken 63 B,J (2 exits)
Still free - 60AB, 61JK - Will it be better to have those?
Thanks
Old Nov 4, 2018, 5:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If you don't mind not being able to hold hands and easily share food, I'd personally stick with 63B and 63J.

Of that choice, I would only move to 61JK, and only because I think I'd be told that we must be able to hold hands and share food.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 7:26 am

Programs: BA GGL
A JFK-LHR sector I have planned for January (!) has just changed from a B744 to a B772. We've been moved from (iirc) 62JK to 10JK, which I'm not too happy about.

It also means the flight looks uncomfortably full at the front: F0 J0 W9 E9 T0 Y9 B9 H6 K3 M0, which is frustrating given that the adjacent BA flights are both still 744 and F5 J9.

Are we stuck on this packed, noisy, old plane, or is there something we can do?
Old Nov 4, 2018, 11:57 am

Programs: BA Silver, VIPorter, VIA Preference: Privilège, Air Canada Aeroplan
I'm on a 3 -class 777 later this month to YYZ. Any advice? Particularly between the front cabin and the one behind, which I think only has two rows. Last time I took one of these and sat in the rear CW cabin, just in front of WTP, I felt pretty forgotten about, though that was a LGW flight. I would go for the direct aisle access seats in the front cabin but i don't think they have a window.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 12:53 pm

Programs: BAEC Blue, United MP member, Marriott Reward Silver member, IHG, KimptonKarma
Originally Posted by Globaliser

In theory, 14EF, 20EF and 22EF are also good because they have direct aisle access. In practice, as they are the bassinet positions you may find it difficult to get your hands on these.
I have done a dummy booking for 7/11/18 flight to SAN and the bassinet E seats are still only available to an adult with an infant. How long before a flight are they available to everyone and if you chose to sit in such a seat, can you get moved if a passenger with an infant turns up?
Old Nov 9, 2018, 12:39 am

Programs: BA blue,, aeroplan 25K
switched to 11A/B on 3 Class 777 with 10,11 in “mini cabin”

Originally Posted by kaneporta1
11K is my choice. Full complement of windows (unlike row 5) and a great view of London on approach. 11A is also good as that side of the mini cabin is served by the CSD.
we are now in 11A.B as aircraft switched. Not much else left. This row looks quite intimate in the 2 row mini cabs in but is right infront of WT+ bulkhead. What are the plus and minuses of these seats - not that we can change them to much but thought we’d ask. Was scheduled to be a four class with F not operating Day time flight westbound
Old Nov 12, 2018, 3:42 am

On the 777-300 (77N) the field is wide open. Don't want to be climbing passengers/reverse. My question is whether any window seats in row 16 on this aircraft allow for the 'slip' behind neighbouring passenger, or whether it's forward and over legs only? As 16A or K looks tempting...
Thanks in advance for info!
Old Nov 12, 2018, 3:49 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by mmxbreaks
On the 777-300 (77N) the field is wide open. Don't want to be climbing passengers/reverse. My question is whether any window seats in row 16 on this aircraft allow for the 'slip' behind neighbouring passenger, or whether it's forward and over legs only? As 16A or K looks tempting...
Thanks in advance for info!
the last row of cw has the only window seats which allow direct access to the aisle, so for the 77W it is 16A and 16K. You in in a rear facing seat and go around the back of 16B/j to get to the aisle.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 3:51 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
the last row of cw has the only window seats which allow direct access to the aisle, so for the 77W it is 16A and 16K. You in in a rear facing seat and go around the back of 16B/j to get to the aisle.
Perfect, thanks, sounds preferable.

Any disadvantages?
Old Nov 12, 2018, 4:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mmxbreaks
Any disadvantages?
Really close to the loos. So much so that I now prefer to take a standard step-over window seat to the 16s.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 9:09 am

Programs: BA Blue
Please accept my apology if this has come up before but I couldn't quite find the answer. I'm a blue BAEC member and I have paid for seat selection in CW, but 62AK, 64AK are currently not open to me. Does the bassinet seat 64A open up at T-72 ? If so, can I do it online in MMB or do I have to call up? And what about 64K, 62AK, are these available at only T-24 and again would I have to call up to try and nab these? ExpertFlyer shows 64A as blocked, 62K, 64K available. Thanks.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 9:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Weebl
Does the bassinet seat 64A open up at T-72 ? If so, can I do it online in MMB or do I have to call up? And what about 64K, 62AK, are these available at only T-24 and again would I have to call up to try and nab these? ExpertFlyer shows 64A as blocked, 62K, 64K available. Thanks.
62AK and 64K should only be available to you at OLCI. But if you can get them at OLCI then they are yours; AFAIK no phone call is necessary for these.

The bassinet is a different matter. A phone call would be needed after the T-72h point but if you need to pay for pre-allocation I am not sure that you can get it before OLCI. 64A used to be a seat that you could pay to pre-allocate, but it may be that it's now the same as the others (like the 62s and 64JK) that you cannot pre-allocate at all if you have to pay; you can only get them in advance if you have free pre-allocation.
Weebl likes this.
Old Dec 27, 2018, 9:08 am

Programs: BA: Silver. OneWorld: Sapphire
Originally Posted by stuarto
I understand some of the 777's on CPT route are being refurbed, they don't seem to get very good press do they ..

We managed to get a deal in CW but have to return via LGW on 777 , booked seats 10a&b - any opinions of those seats or the 777 from CPT in general ??

Thanks

Stuart
As a general rule of thumb - always try sit as far forward as possible on the LGW 777's.
In the unlikely event of the aircraft changing to a 4-cabin ... then you might get Flub.

It's worked ... once ... quite a long time ago.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.