Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seating Queries: Club World

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2017, 7:25 am

Programs: AA MM, AA EXP; OW Emerald, EK silver
Unable to nab one of the prime seats on UD on 178 next week (day TATL flight). Currently am in 61K - any opinions, not much choice one week out. Would I be better off downstairs on is the UD preferable on a day flight?
Old Dec 8, 2017, 7:37 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by dwugson
Unable to nab one of the prime seats on UD on 178 next week (day TATL flight). Currently am in 61K - any opinions, not much choice one week out. Would I be better off downstairs on is the UD preferable on a day flight?
Nothing much wrong with 61K frankly, in my opinion it beats every single seat on the main deck though some may disagree with that. The exception would be if you are someone who likes or needs to constantly leave the seat for whatever reason. Moreover, you could make a stab at getting 64A at T-48 hours (unless I'm on your aircraft, in which case it's a dreadful idea). BA178 is the JFK-LHR morning service, for the benefit of those that haven't memorised the entire schedule yet, it could be a very short flight (sub 6 hours) so you may not need to leave your seat at all.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 7:40 am

Programs: AA MM, AA EXP; OW Emerald, EK silver
Thanks C-W-S - will stick to the UD. Looking forward to experiencing the 'enhanced' service!
Old Dec 8, 2017, 8:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
Originally Posted by Can I help you
Actually BBB I was thinking of the new service on the JFK, however there are two ways of doing the CW service on the Super J and most CSDs operate this front to rear and not 4 corners.
Ok. Interesting. I never did front to back, well, once, but every other time it was 4 corners...

Ah well... Not like I am going anywhere for 11 hours.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 8:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
You may find that you have a CSD that follows the BA standard but a lot of the service has been changed since you left, drinks are now run by hand as is the all of the second meal service, the trolley for the main meal is only used to deliver the trays plus collecting in the starter plates, dessert, cheese, fruit and tea and coffee are all hand run.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 11:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
Ok...
Old Dec 11, 2017, 5:42 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

I can see 64A on a flight on Wednesday seems to be open, well it's showing as blue, but EF shows as blocked. When trying to select it I get the message can't be selected as I'm not travelling with an infant. I was trying what seems an outdated Japan number and BA Twitter said

"Hi XXXX. I'm sorry, but the bassinet position is there for use by a parent travelling with an infant. I'm afraid we won't be able to overide the system to allocate you the seat"

I was of the understanding that it could be done but had to be done manually? Any advice appreciated so I can nab 64A if possible.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 6:03 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by PETER01
... I was of the understanding that it could be done but had to be done manually? Any advice appreciated so I can nab 64A if possible.
Try ay EDI in the morning, and if no joy at LHR.
PETER01 likes this.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 6:14 pm

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Thanks Tobias- UK
Old Dec 11, 2017, 7:38 pm

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Well, I tried the Japan number and was re-routed to India after a few minutes and answered in 7 minutes.

Unfortunately because I checked in it couldn't be overridden but could have been if I hadn't so I was told. I did print my first ex-EU BP bi#ut not the 2nd long haul one so perhaps the moral of the story is call before checking in, possibly? A quick and very friendly response and she did try numerous times but alas not to be but she put a note on my booking and to ask at the airport. Ah well, still on the UD which is still a great place to be and happy to be travelling!
Old Dec 12, 2017, 4:36 am

Managed to get 64A but with SSSS on the BP but hey ho no big deal there. Nabbed it at T-23 at Customer Services in T5 GC. Apparently they were holding it back due to the snow disruption but as no one yet needs it or was allocated, on asking I got it. Took about 10 minutes to queue and 5 mins max to process it. Lovely jubbly.
T8191 likes this.
Old Dec 20, 2017, 9:04 pm

How is the noise from the toilet/galley in 64K on the 747 high J? And how would this compare to a main deck seat such as 14K?
Old Dec 27, 2017, 8:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Frequent flyer 101
How is the noise from the toilet/galley in 64K on the 747 high J?
Practically unnoticeable, IME.

There's no difference between the two configurations, so far as 64K is concerned.
Old Dec 27, 2017, 8:27 am

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by Frequent flyer 101
How is the noise from the toilet/galley in 64K on the 747 high J? And how would this compare to a main deck seat such as 14K?
Was in 64K on the way back from DFW last night, you won't hear a thing (especially with the noise cancelling headphones)
Old Dec 27, 2017, 8:29 am

Programs: BA Silver
Any thoughts on 11 D-G on a 3 class 777,LGW- LIM ? Family of 4 , kids are teenagers ,my thinking being that I’ll probably be in the middle seats with Mrs Y and I don’t have to step over anyone to get out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.