FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   HNL / US gateway meet up thread (TP run or not) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1584751-hnl-us-gateway-meet-up-thread-tp-run-not.html)

Physci Nov 26, 2016 4:21 pm

Back from my HNL run (http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/26024365-post1933.html)

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/membe...8-img-0007.jpg

Just short of 22,000 miles flown, 14 flights and 1,560 TPs :D

And I had a blast - hope those currently (or about to go) on their own run have as much fun.

lorcancoyle Nov 26, 2016 5:12 pm

Just about to tuck into a steak in the QF F lounge at LAX - 90 mins until my onward OGG flight. The new walkway is great.

And a "Concierge Key" welcome on board, with a blocked seat beside me (domestic F)

loungesnob Nov 27, 2016 7:32 pm

Anyone else in HNL tonight?

Mountlodge Dec 4, 2016 4:37 am

For those planning or an on Big Island, watch out for the snow!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-38199730

SWISSBOBBY Dec 4, 2016 8:16 am

27.12.1016 dub - lhr ba 833
27.12.2016 lhr - phl ba 067
27.12.2016 phl - lax aa 613
28.12.2016 lax - hnl aa 031
31.12.2016 hnl - lax aa 162
01.01.2017 lax - phl aa 1660
01.01.2017 phl - dub aa 722

xhemp Dec 8, 2016 10:07 am

Hello!

Noob here so noob question!
I've been trying to book a flight to HNL in July on the ILN8S4C1 fare with 3 connections on the outbound and 3 on the inbound.
Problem is that IB/BA websites multicity tools don't allow me to do that and calling IB and BA they say they are not able to do it even though I would be able to book it in AA but with a different price.
Is there anything I need to tell them on the phone to be able to book it? Or something else I am missing?

Thanks!

David_Doyle Dec 8, 2016 10:46 am

Originally Posted by xhemp (Post 27583101)
Hello!

Noob here so noob question!
I've been trying to book a flight to HNL in July on the ILN8S4C1 fare with 3 connections on the outbound and 3 on the inbound.
Problem is that IB/BA websites multicity tools don't allow me to do that and calling IB and BA they say they are not able to do it even though I would be able to book it in AA but with a different price.
Is there anything I need to tell them on the phone to be able to book it? Or something else I am missing?

Thanks!

I presume you're booking it under the IB/BA codes then? For the cheaper total than AA. Are you using Matrix or Google Flights to find the flights?

2 options I think:

1) HUACA (Hang Up And Call Again) - might work
2) Use a regular travel agent like Trailfinders/Flightcentre

Happy to be corrected.

xhemp Dec 8, 2016 10:54 am

Originally Posted by David_Doyle (Post 27583257)
I presume you're booking it under the IB/BA codes then? For the cheaper total than AA. Are you using Matrix or Google Flights to find the flights?

2 options I think:

1) HUACA (Hang Up And Call Again) - might work
2) Use a regular travel agent like Trailfinders/Flightcentre

Happy to be corrected.

Heya David!

Yes, that's correct, IB is around 250 pounds better, I used Matrix to find them.

I was just wondering if people actually manage to get BA or IB to book those over the phone as they were not helpful at all.
I will try those suggestions too, thanks

gcuk Dec 8, 2016 10:54 am

Colleague was trying to book the same deal but the £1273 fare on matrix with IB coded trans-atlantics jumps to £1500 when booking on AA.com (IB codes) through the matrix link thing. The danger of booking through a travel agent is the changes AA regularly make to their schedules. I've had great co-operation rebooking rescheduled flights direct with AA but others report difficulties doing the same through travel agents. I think he opted to pay the extra.

nufnuf77 Dec 8, 2016 11:08 am

Originally Posted by gcuk (Post 27583284)
Colleague was trying to book the same deal but the £1273 fare on matrix with IB coded trans-atlantics jumps to £1500 when booking on AA.com (IB codes) through the matrix link thing. The danger of booking through a travel agent is the changes AA regularly make to their schedules. I've had great co-operation rebooking rescheduled flights direct with AA but others report difficulties doing the same through travel agents. I think he opted to pay the extra.

You can call BA/IB/AA and book direct with them through their callcentres thus avoiding having to deal with TA when changes occur.

xhemp Dec 8, 2016 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by gcuk (Post 27583284)

Originally Posted by nufnuf77 (Post 27583338)
You can call BA/IB/AA and book direct with them through their callcentres thus avoiding having to deal with TA when changes occur.

Thanks, guys! It's the first time I do that so I am still learning how it's done.
I do agree that would be way easier to deal with BA/IB/AA directly for any changes, etc, but I tried to call them twice and they just say it's not something they can do.
I called FlightCentre and was able to find it cheaper than AA (1340 vs 1520) but will call BA again (HUACA) like David said previously :)

nufnuf77 Dec 8, 2016 12:32 pm

Originally Posted by xhemp (Post 27583606)
I do agree that would be way easier to deal with BA/IB/AA directly for any changes, etc, but I tried to call them twice and they just say it's not something they can do.

I have booked tens of tickets with BA over the phone and occasionally you get a clueless or unwilling agent, but at the end of the day I have always succeeded.

bowlingformatt Dec 20, 2016 8:27 am

Looking forward to posting the two I've booked in February here next year.

And reading everybody else's of course.

chris1979 Dec 24, 2016 6:00 am

save travels to HNL and the US over the next few days.

see some of you next week.

T8191 Dec 24, 2016 9:11 am

Oh, ENVY!!!

Still trying to get a decent [price/routing/layover] result from Matrix for Jun/Jul to OGG :(

One has to start a membership year (9 May 17) with a good TP-earning holiday ;)