Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anyone got a scary itinerary booked?

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2014, 11:58 am

Programs: BA LTG, Defender of the turnip.
Hmm, I'm taking "she that must be obeyed" with me on a business trip to SFO next month, I think that's pretty scary.
Old May 24, 2014, 12:06 pm

Programs: Mucci, BMI*G, M&M SEN, FB Gold, PC Plat, Father of GhettoIFE
Scary is my upcoming day trip. Birmingham to Heathrow, onto Paris, and back.

Help.
Old May 24, 2014, 2:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci des Epices Exotiques, BAEC Gold,EK Gold,SPG,Marriott,Club Carlson
Originally Posted by Matthew Bennion
In Y or J?
J
Originally Posted by Sards
Im flying easy jet,
Does that qualify?
Ryanair would, especially if they did longhaul...Shudder...

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Save for the surface travel, that amount of flying is not a particularly unusual amount for some here. Whilst I don't head to Aus/NZ that often I do have some itineraries that involve just as much flying in a similar amount of time. They can be very tiring depending on the meeting schedule en route, and the way I feel at the moment it would be impossible if in the back of the bus!

Enjoy it, PMA is they key.
Agreed, and I feel better from reading other peoples' itineraries! What is PMA?
Originally Posted by golfmad
Can you ditch this part? The rest looks ok to me.
Arrive midnight, depart midday the following day for BRU. Not too much M-I-L time...

Originally Posted by TheBaps
Hmm, I'm taking "she that must be obeyed" with me on a business trip to SFO next month, I think that's pretty scary.
Now that thought does scare me...
Old May 24, 2014, 2:41 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by Kevincm
Scary is my upcoming day trip. Birmingham to Heathrow, onto Paris, and back.
Train or National Express + plane? Or something else? (I hope it's not by a bicycle or something).

I'm doing a day trip to Paris shortly but only from LHR and doesn't involve Birmingham (or National Express for that matter).

Originally Posted by TheBaps
Scary that she might go crazy with shopping?
Old May 24, 2014, 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
Train or National Express + plane? Or something else? (I hope it's not by a bicycle or something).

I'm doing a day trip to Paris shortly but only from LHR and doesn't involve Birmingham (or National Express for that matter).

National Express to London, BA to Paris, RER to Paris (whilst not getting mugged this time), Paris Pokemon centre, some photos, back on the plane, and train to Birmingham.

Total time: 23 hours....

Yes. You read that right. Pokemon centre....
Old May 24, 2014, 4:50 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by Kevincm
National Express to London, BA to Paris, RER to Paris (whilst not getting mugged this time), Paris Pokemon centre, some photos, back on the plane, and train to Birmingham.

Total time: 23 hours....

Yes. You read that right. Pokemon centre....
Ah, I recently travelled on National Express to LHR to catch a BA flight and it was about an hour late. Correction, they were about an hour late. That is, both National Express and the BA flight.

Thankfully National Express delay was not a big issue as I was early - the delay was due to traffic on M25.

The delay on the BA flight would have been due to late inbound aircraft + excessive hand luggage issue by passengers. I estimate that the excessive hand luggage issues would have contributed to about 15 additional minutes of delay. However, there was a maintenance issue that caused a 20 additional minutes of delay, so the hand luggage issue did not actually add to the delay as it was being sorted out while the engineering issue was being resolved.

The guy in 1D had an enormous case that not many people would dream of bringing on board, plus lots of people with a wheelie bag + a near-full size carry on item rather than a wheelie bag + laptop bag-sized carry on.

Anyway, National Express is the second hairy part of your journey due to potential traffic delays (contrary to popular belief it's not that uncomfortable or uncivilised!).

The most hairy part of your journey must be the visit to Pokemon Centre. A BA flight should be a walk-in-the park in comparison. Or, you could bring one of the Pokemons back on a BA flight as hand luggage...
Old May 24, 2014, 4:56 pm

I've got little issue with National Express (believe it or not, for those of us who don't drive and don't want to pay LHR hotel taxes, National Express isn't that bad - and at the time of day I'll be departing, it'll be a breeze (they've got more business than NOT from me over the years).

The BA flight... I'm in CE after upgrading a fare, so its going to acceptable.

But yes, the most hair-raising bit will be into Paris. Especially from Orly after last time (http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...enskies-c.html) when some nice French people made off with my wallet.

And in this lesson, we learn to split our wallets.
Old May 24, 2014, 5:02 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by To Eat.To Drink
... What is PMA? ...
Oops, sorry. PMA is a positive mental attitude.
Old May 24, 2014, 5:59 pm

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
I'm flying on Friday the 13th next month. So, yes.
Old May 24, 2014, 8:08 pm

Programs: QF Gold, WY Gold
A few months back I did Melbourne for a few hours then back, flying MCT-DXB-MEL-PER-DXB-MCT, has about 5 hours on the ground for the meeting and back to the airport.
Also a few years back flew MIA-JFK-ICN-CEB and the phone rang as I walked in the door saying I was needed back, so turned around back to the airport and flew CEB-DVO-SIN-LHR-MIA-BGI, so full circumnavigation in 2-3 days.
Sectors were a mix of economy, premium economy and business... Also had some horrific routings from the UK to the Punta Arenas in Chile when I was working down there, normally via the USA and in Economy.
Old May 24, 2014, 8:32 pm

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Gold/HH Diamond/IC Plat Amba
FRA-MUC-BRU-TXL-VIE-FRA

All on LH who could still go on strike
Old May 24, 2014, 9:40 pm

Programs: BA LTG, Defender of the turnip.
Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
Oh god, hadn't even thought about that aspect.
Old May 24, 2014, 10:10 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I'm on the EDI - IBZ flight tonight, arriving at 02:35 hrs, which I thought might be interesting, but unless I'm much mistaken there aren't too many passengers. But I'm scared the EDI lounge may be closed.
Old May 25, 2014, 2:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci des Epices Exotiques, BAEC Gold,EK Gold,SPG,Marriott,Club Carlson
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Oops, sorry. PMA is a positive mental attitude.
Thought it might be some new drug!

I like the cut of your jib though. That's my approach and gets me through a lot when travelling. I felt my PMA wavering so needed a pick-me-up from the BA FT Forum!
Old May 25, 2014, 2:51 am
NCL

Programs: HH Diamond, BA blue, Virgin flying club silver, Skywards silver, SPG Platinum, Marriott silver.
My most exhausting in 2004 was NCL-LHR-NRT,HND-ITM,OSA-GUM-TKK-PNI-KSA-KWA-MAJ-HNL-ITO-HNL-LAX-LHR-NCL Continental Micronesia Airlines landings were an experience!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.