FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   BA to CX connection at CDG (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1572775-ba-cx-connection-cdg.html)

milehighj Apr 28, 2014 7:58 pm

BA to CX connection at CDG

Am planning a BA to CX connection at CDG (T2A-T2A) (separate PNRs). Looking at a 120 min connection time. Won't have checked luggage.

I take it this will be a relatively straightforward process? Is there airside connection desk at CDG T2A or will I have to clear immigration and check-in outside? Or is it possible that BA can issue my BP in LHR?

Thanks in advance.

FlyingB1975 Apr 28, 2014 11:28 pm

Originally Posted by milehighj (Post 22776982)
Am planning a BA to CX connection at CDG (T2A-T2A) (separate PNRs). Looking at a 120 min connection time. Won't have checked luggage.

I take it this will be a relatively straightforward process? Is there airside connection desk at CDG T2A or will I have to clear immigration and check-in outside? Or is it possible that BA can issue my BP in LHR?

Thanks in advance.

You won't have to go through immigration, but you will have to pass through security again. With no queues it should take between 5 and 10 minutes. With queues or a strike...

KenJohn Apr 28, 2014 11:49 pm

BA cannot issue you with a BP for the CX flight especially with separate PNRs.

corporate-wage-slave Apr 29, 2014 12:01 am

Originally Posted by KenJohn (Post 22777761)
BA cannot issue you with a BP for the CX flight especially with separate PNRs.

But you can print your CX boarding pass online from 48 hours before departure.

milehighj Apr 29, 2014 1:18 am

Many thanks all.

AndyFlyer Apr 29, 2014 3:57 am

The process is very simple at CDG, but you do have to walk a bit, if BA use their normal gate. Follow the signs for transfer (it is amazing how many Paris-bound pax follow if you're first off the LHR-CDG flight!), down the escalator and keep left. Do print out your CX boarding pass before you fly, as security at CDG will scan it before you go through the metal detector. Should you have duty-free liquids from LHR in a sealed bag, you may take them through, but CDG will scan them a couple of times and may re-bag them in another tamper-evident bag. Go up the escalator and you're in the middle of CDG duty-free. The lounges are pretty much directly ahead of you, follow the corridor around and up one level in the lift. Simples. CX has a nice lounge at CDG. I've made it through in eight minutes from exit of plane to arrival at the top of the escalator in duty-free.

milehighj May 8, 2014 4:51 am

Originally Posted by AndyFlyer (Post 22778299)
The process is very simple at CDG, but you do have to walk a bit, if BA use their normal gate. Follow the signs for transfer (it is amazing how many Paris-bound pax follow if you're first off the LHR-CDG flight!), down the escalator and keep left. Do print out your CX boarding pass before you fly, as security at CDG will scan it before you go through the metal detector. Should you have duty-free liquids from LHR in a sealed bag, you may take them through, but CDG will scan them a couple of times and may re-bag them in another tamper-evident bag. Go up the escalator and you're in the middle of CDG duty-free. The lounges are pretty much directly ahead of you, follow the corridor around and up one level in the lift. Simples. CX has a nice lounge at CDG. I've made it through in eight minutes from exit of plane to arrival at the top of the escalator in duty-free.

Things went exactly as per your description. I didn't have the printed CX boarding pass, but the CX app with bar code on my iPhone worked fine. Thanks again.